The KeenCaptors!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Aww, if it really bothers you I'll only put in one submission. I just wanted to do an old school TDTOU pic with no limbs. Or hey, I could always draw up Christmas Jack. He's only ever been in TDTOU.
Image

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

Evil Jamie! wrote:Aww, if it really bothers you I'll only put in one submission. I just wanted to do an old school TDTOU pic with no limbs. Or hey, I could always draw up Christmas Jack. He's only ever been in TDTOU.
No, doesn't bother me. If they are two different comics, it's okay.

:D

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

RPin wrote:
Evil Jamie! wrote:One per comic? So I can do one for J&N and TDTOU?
I should've said it's one per author... You have to choose one, Jamie.
Does that mean terror could do 5? 3 for himself+2 for his friends
(Hypotheticaly, let's forget about his stick figureness)
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

YarpsDat wrote:
RPin wrote:
Evil Jamie! wrote:One per comic? So I can do one for J&N and TDTOU?
I should've said it's one per author... You have to choose one, Jamie.
Does that mean terror could do 5? 3 for himself+2 for his friends
(Hypotheticaly, let's forget about his stick figureness)
He said he wasn't interested anyway. I wonder if he decided before or after reading the "no stick figures" clause...

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

Actually, with the fanart he does, I don't think Vile really goes for stickfigures as his main style. That's just what I've picked up. I think he's not doing it simply because it's anime related, and apparently he really really hates anime. That's just my opinion though.

User avatar
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: not-France

Post by Keffria »

Nevertheless, there are better ways than stick figures to rebel against the manga style. :wink:

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

Keffria wrote:Nevertheless, there are better ways than stick figures to rebel against the manga style. :wink:
No, I ment he's not participating in this because it's based on CCS, which is an Anime, that's what I ment... I didn't say he drew stick figures to rebel against anime...

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

Nevertheless, you cannot deny there are better ways than stick figures to rebel against the manga style. :wink:
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: not-France

Post by Keffria »

Not to mention... what's wrong with CCS? I thought it was kind of cute...

*is bludgeoned by anime/manga-hating forum-goers*

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

Keffria wrote:Not to mention... what's wrong with CCS? I thought it was kind of cute...

*is bludgeoned by anime/manga-hating forum-goers*
That's exactly why some people hate it. They are Anti-Cute. I'm not one of them, I'm just saying.

User avatar
War
Grr
Posts: 3018
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by War »

No one really hates anime/manga. They just hate the horrible mangling of anime/manga that the english speaking world turns it into.

ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

No, no.

Post by ZOMBIE USER 17345 »

I loathe anime.

The contents could be fine, I'm sure. It's those fucking eyes! And the chins, good lard!

I loathe the style. It makes me cringe with disgust and spawns many abhorrent images to dance within my fevered brain.



And I think the only forum-goer who's anti-anime is myself. Alone again, against incredible odds . . .

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

*pats Vile on the head* Sorry about that. But it's such an easy style to work with. And it's cute.

ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

BAH!

Post by ZOMBIE USER 17345 »

You want easy? Use stick people!
You want cute? Buy a kitten!
Just for the love of all things artistic, DO NOT DO ANIME!

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Whelp, time to draw some anime!
Image

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

:lol:
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
VileTerror
Anti-Villain
Posts: 3437
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:16 am
Location: n. 1 a place where something is located. 2 the action of location. - DERIVATIVES locational adj.
Contact:

UGH!

Post by VileTerror »

And then there's <i>your</i> comic!

I <b>had</b> to do a fanart for it! The content of your comic was pretty good, some very amusing jokes. But I can not stand the freaking style!
Haughty spirit and pride make for a wild roller coaster ride!
I mean, as long as you like fairly final endings.

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

You're talking to Maria and Michelle, right?
Image

ZOMBIE USER 17345
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:26 am

Yes.

Post by ZOMBIE USER 17345 »

Rest assured, I was not forced to make fanart for you . . . yet.

User avatar
Axonite
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: NEPA
Contact:

Post by Axonite »

Keffria wrote:what's wrong with CCS?
Didn't they have a hit in 1971 with a cover of "Whole Lotta Love?"

(Wrong CCS?)

Post Reply