Song Stuck In Your Head?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

I played 500 miles on a continuos loop on my (exactly) 500 mile drive home from college here.
DEVO-Bot wrote:That damn opening credits song from Eva


I love that song.

"Like an angel without a sense of mercy... rise young boy to the heavens as a legend..."
"Zanko kuna tenshi yo o oni, shonen yo shin wa inara"

Or something like that. Did it by ear.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
SuperSnob
Regular Poster
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: SK, Canada
Contact:

Post by SuperSnob »

DEVO-Bot wrote:
SuperSnob wrote:Has anyone mentioned songs that you've played on repeat for hours, yet?
"Novelty" by Joy Division
Yep. I remember playing this one a lot when I first got the Transmission 12" single. Also, "A Means To An End", my favorite JD song in the entire world.

Ok, lemme think of some more.

The Ex - "I.O.U. (Nought)" and "Nem Ugy Van Most"
The Coral - "Pass It On" (?!)
New Order - "Leave Me Alone"
Robert Pollard - "Subspace Biographies"
Guided By Voices - "Things I Will Keep"
Gang of Four - "In the Ditch"
My Dad is Dead - "For Lack of a Better Word"

...guh. :o I think that's QUITE enough for now.

User avatar
Hobolenno
Regular Poster
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 1:27 pm
Location: Place
Contact:

Post by Hobolenno »

Well, I now have "867-5309" out of my head (finally) and have replaced it with something else. Sadly it's not much of a real song. It's more of a jingle. Click here to hear what I'm talking about.

Here comes the thnikkaman!!!
http://mehcomics.keenspace.com

Click it. Unless you don't want to. But remember, we're the only site out there with a monkey as a cartoonist.

User avatar
Superlance
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:12 am
Location: ASMS, Mobile
Contact:

Post by Superlance »

Cheebs wrote:
Superlance wrote:Although, recentley, another song has joined it; I don't know the name, nor the artist; but it's the opening song on the Dreamcast game, Sonic Adventure.
I really like it... I wish I knew what it was...
Ooo! Ooo! I know! If it's the same as Sonic Adventure DX (the Gamecube port), I think that's "Open Your Heart", composed by Jun Senoe. *Is dork enough to know that* "Can't hold on much longer (But I'll never let go!)/ I know it's a one-way track (Tell me now how long this'll last)..."
Ya, that would be it. :D
Image

ASMS: The school for the criminally insane.
They put us here to keep up away from the normal people.
You feared Algebra in high school? Integral Calculus is a required class here.

User avatar
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible
Contact:

Post by Sortelli »

My

Name

Is

Shake-zula
The mic rula
Old Skoola
You wanna trip
I bring it to ya

I'm Frylock
An' I'm on top
Rock you like a cop
Meatwad you're next
Work it out now

Meatwad get the money, see?
Meatwad get the honey, she
Ridin' in my car,
Livin' like a star
Ice on my fingers an my toes
and I'm a Taurus

Yeah, yeah, uhn, check it

Coz we are the AQUA TEENS!
Makin' homeys say O an' the girlies wanna scream!
Coz we are the AQUA TEENS!
Makin' homeys say O an' the girlies wanna scream!

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Numba One in the Hood, G

User avatar
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 3182
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:56 pm
Location: How the hell should I know? I just live here...
Contact:

Post by KittyKatBlack »

I had the opening song to Galaxy Fraulien Yuna stuck in my head once....


...oh, and "My Omlette" from Dragon Half.

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

Something something Gonzales!!
Something something something!
Something something sirubaaa pooointsu!
Image

User avatar
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: the sea side
Contact:

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

Cecillia Bruce - Ta en tablett

Ta~~ Ta~~ (ta - ta en tablett!) Ta~~!

Chainroaker lass threw it at me one day and it never went away, I think it's about contraception mebbe'? No idea how to sing it and just listening to the song makes my tongue hurt, Swedish pronunciation can't be natural; But it is catchy!

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

LAGtheNoggin wrote:Cecillia Bruce - Ta en tablett

Ta~~ Ta~~ (ta - ta en tablett!) Ta~~!

Chainroaker lass threw it at me one day and it never went away, I think it's about contraception mebbe'? No idea how to sing it and just listening to the song makes my tongue hurt, Swedish pronunciation can't be natural; But it is catchy!
That's the spirit!! Although her name is Cecilia Bruse :wink:

I've never heard the song so I don't know what it's about. It means "take a pill." I happen to have a guide to Swedish pronounciation lying around on my hard drive, just say so and I will share it with you all!! Let's all become Swedes!!!
Image

User avatar
Faceless
Regular Poster
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:28 am
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Post by Faceless »

The "Ghostbusters" song... you know the one.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

<sings (to the tune of jingle bells)>
Kill 'em all,
Kill 'em all,
Blow 'em all away!
Oh what fun
it would be to
nuke old Santa's sleigh today!

Kill 'em all,
Kill 'em all,
kill 'em all right now,
If we kill old Santa dear,
Rudolph'll have a cow!

Oh!

Dashing through the fallout,
Glowing all the way,
Watching as all your hair,
all falls out today.

Screaming as the snow
starts pouring to the ground;
watching all the green animals
start running all around.

Hey!

I came up with the above song to get Jingle Bells out of my mind. This took it's place. It wasn't any better. Eventually I took a sleeping pill and played Gregorian Chants from my walkman for 24 hours straight. That finally cleared out the earworm.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: not-France

Post by Keffria »

K-Dawg wrote:Toxic by Britney Spears. :(
Sad thing is I'm sort of liking the song.
I hate her singing in that song (I always hate Britney Spears, though), but I like the music in the background... or something. They're always playing it on the radio, so it periodically gets stuck in my head.

And this:

Where can you see lions?
Only in Kenya!
Come to Kenya, we've got lions!

Where can you see tigers?
Only in Kenya!
Got lions and tigers,
Only in Kenya!
We got more, hey!

Kenya, oh Kenya,
Where the giraffes are
And the zebra...
Kenya, Kenya, Kenya, Kenyaaaaa
Kenya~!
We're goin' to Kenya!
Can you believe it?


...Dammit. It was playing in my mind during Calculus today - I was grinning like an idiot.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

That song "Clocks" by Coldplay. My spanish teacher was playing it and now I can't get it out! *picks up power drill*
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Ratbert
Regular Poster
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:22 pm
Location: vmbnslngslrjgoergm
Contact:

Post by Ratbert »

Sortelli wrote:
Ratbert wrote:Whoever mentioned TMBG, I hate you. I bought their "Flood" CD and couldn't go a single day without getting one of those songs in my head for hours for at least three months afterwards. It's also the only CD I've ever listened to ten times in one day (let's just say I had a lot of things to do that day that I could do while listening to music).
Floodite! Flood is the only TMBG album I don't have, oddly enough.
Floodite!? I'm just assuming that's what you TMBG fans call people who only have that album. Kind of like how we Underworld fans don't like people who are huge fans of Born Slippy but haven't heard any of their other works. I've always wanted to get more into these guys (TMBG), and I think if I can scrape together 30 extra dollars I'll pick up their anthology.
Image

User avatar
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3637
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2002 5:28 am
Location: nowhere

Post by YarpsDat »

Keffria wrote: [...]
We got more, hey!
[...]
Can you believe it?
Umm, I thought it would be
"forget norway!"
and
"Kenya believe it?" :wink:
...
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

Ratbert wrote:...Underworld...
DOGMAN AND THE KING OF SNAKE!!!!!
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

16 candles down the drain
The DRAAAA-AAAAAA-AAIIIIN!
The DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIN!

-Sponge
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Insomnio
Regular Poster
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:27 pm
Location: sooomewheeere ooover the raaainbooooow...

Post by Insomnio »

click here...at your own risk...


"TITITA TITUTU TIIIPATITITUUU,
TUTUTU TUTUTU TUTUTU
TUTUTUUU TUTUTITITUUU"
ImageImage Image ImageImage

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

brockway wrote:"Like an angel without a sense of mercy... rise young boy to the heavens as a legend..."
"Zanko kuna tenshi yo o oni, shonen yo shin wa inara"

Or something like that. Did it by ear.
"Zankoku na tenshi no you ni, shounen yo shinwa ni nare!"
(Not raggin' on you. Just thought you might like to know. :wink: )
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
Somesuch
Regular Poster
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:29 pm
Location: Neverwhere.
Contact:

Post by Somesuch »

The Lord of the Rings soundtrack is in my head.

Why?

Someone brought it during painting class, and started playing it. GYAAAAAAH!

. . . Although I have to say, it is a good soundtrack.
Is that so?

Post Reply