For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659 Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:
Post
by Jim North » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:06 am
Anybody else make Halloween comics or whatnot?
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848 Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:
Post
by Noise Monkey » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:07 am
apparently no. at least, Cricket and I have not....we seem only vaguely aware of what's going on around us.
Love the Ash-thing, though. sweet.
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173 Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:
Post
by Warren » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:29 am
Every year, baby. A week of Halloween party. Every year.
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163 Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm
Post
by Toxic » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:51 am
I'm doing a Halloween episode which is apparently branching out into early November, mostly because I'm busy.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644 Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:
Post
by Dutch! » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:55 am
I'm not American, so no. I spent most of yesterday laughing at the kids who wanted to go trick or treating and calling them Yanks.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848 Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:
Post
by Noise Monkey » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:58 am
There's nothing wrong with trying to get candy in a way that does not involve buying or stealing.
Sometimes even the stealing of candy is ok.
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456 Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:
Post
by [geoduck] » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:02 pm
I swapped character-costume pics with Tim Volpe of
Alternate Delusions .
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3243 Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:34 am
Location: Starring in your latest sex dream.
Post
by Jackhass » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:25 pm
I did two Halloween themed comics.
For some reason I was under the impression that Halloween was on Sunday, so I put a Halloween themed comic up on Friday. Of course I realize it's actually on Monday, so what the heck...I did a 2nd one for today.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659 Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:
Post
by Jim North » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:04 pm
Dutch! wrote: I'm not American, so no.
Halloween isn't
just an American holiday, tho'.
It has it's roots in European traditions - like the Celtic ritual of Samhain - and several other nations/cultures have their own holidays that parallel it - such as the Day of the Dead festival.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848 Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:
Post
by Noise Monkey » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:05 pm
woohoo! Dia de los muertos!
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158 Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:
Post
by Yeahduff » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:20 pm
Last edited by
Yeahduff on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
I won't be the stars in your dark night.
Rhellik
Regular Poster
Posts: 215 Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:
Post
by Rhellik » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:28 pm
I kinda did. I was reading my usual webcomics this morning and thought. "Ohoh it's Halloween and i forgot to make a Halloween comic". Problem was I didn't have that much time today, cause of courses and my ride home. But I somehow managed to squeze
one in real fast.
It makes more sense if you read the page before that one.
I actually CARVED that pupkin on the left.
I'll post some pictures as soon as I made some. Anybody else made some online-comic-character- lookalike-pumpkins?
Axonite
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1053 Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: NEPA
Contact:
Post
by Axonite » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:55 pm
I swapped Halloween art with
Fizzle , had a "Happy Halloween" sign partially visible in today's
Station V3 , and gave the Gordon Dimension some Halloween colors in today's
Z7 .
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378 Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:
Post
by Cope » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:00 pm
I would've done something if I could have thought of anything.
*drags his brain to the cellar and beats it for being unimaginative*
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Mr.Bob
:(
Posts: 6895 Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:
Post
by Mr.Bob » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 pm
What I want to know, is weather you drew your avatar normally and then flipped it, or weather you actually took the effort of writing backwards...
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378 Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:
Post
by Cope » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:05 pm
Mr.Bob wrote: drew your avatar normally and then flipped it
*smacks forehead*
It never occured to me to do that.
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown
Humbug
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1772 Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Not here.
Contact:
Post
by Humbug » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:17 pm
I just did Halloween filler.
I enjoyed it immensely.
CaptainClaude
Witty British President
Posts: 5647 Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
Contact:
Post
by CaptainClaude » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:23 pm
I get link, Mario peach and snake, but arent you breaking the theme by putting TLH and Ti-phil in there?
Levi-chan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1498 Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:34 pm
Location: THE TOOBS
Post
by Levi-chan » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:34 pm
Mother of god, Humbug. You GODDAMNED ROCK.