FBA...

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

FBA...

Postby Monty on Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:32 pm

Have a looksie shall we?

Full Blown AIDS
Thank Africa.

Full Blown AIDS
Monty

Postby Oualawouzou on Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:43 pm

^
|
My comments.

Because, well, mom always said "if you have nothing nice to say..."
[url=http://agaric.comicgenesis.com]Image
Le champignon nouveau est arrivé.[/url]
Oualawouzou
Cartoon Cop (Moderator)
Cartoon Cop (Moderator)

Postby LibertyCabbage on Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:46 pm

it's like a really bad version of happy noodle boy
ImageImage
"Seems like the only comics that would be good to this person are super action crazy lines, mega poses!"
LibertyCabbage
Cartoon Hero

Postby A-Teamer on Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:46 pm

Uh, yeah. Hmm. Yeah. I think my subject line sums it up.
A-Teamer
Regular Poster

Postby Monty on Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:56 pm

pfft...happy noodle boy is bullshit...it takes talent to suck as much as i do

Note: ya gotta read more then just the first few...i am slowly beginning to take more time with the art and story...fuckers
Thank Africa.

Full Blown AIDS
Monty

Postby Distant screaming on Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:18 pm

monty wrote:pfft...happy noodle boy is bullshit...it takes talent to suck as much as i do

1) happy noodle boy is amazing
2) does drunk duck have any kind of screening process?
3) why are you admitting you suck?
Distant screaming
Regular Poster

Postby Monty on Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:34 pm

are you hitting on me? listen i don't go that way unless yer willing to pay...being on welfare is tough dude.
Thank Africa.

Full Blown AIDS
Monty

Postby Jaybob81 on Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:38 pm

I really hate to take part in a thread derail, but Happy Noodle Boy is my hero.
"It's late because f*** you guys." -Scott Kurtz
Nonsense!
Jaybob81
Regular Poster

Postby Monty on Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:44 pm

i outgrew jthm and all vasguez related projects freshman year.

btw if you didn't like FBA then you'll hate HIV which gained alot of attention both negative and positive and was actually kicked off drunkduck at one point.
Thank Africa.

Full Blown AIDS
Monty

Postby Jaybob81 on Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:50 pm

Back on subject, I didlaugh a few times.

The devil made me say that.
"It's late because f*** you guys." -Scott Kurtz
Nonsense!
Jaybob81
Regular Poster

Postby Monty on Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:44 pm

good to know you're not completely filled with disgust
Thank Africa.

Full Blown AIDS
Monty

Postby Kris X on Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:46 pm

monty wrote:pfft...happy noodle boy is bullshit...it takes talent to suck as much as i do

Note: ya gotta read more then just the first few...i am slowly beginning to take more time with the art and story...fuckers

Whooa.

A) Don't insult comic artists here. (Especially Jhonen)
B) Don't call us fuckers. (That discourages readers)
C) Give a more pleasing/detailed story summary to pitch the comic.
D) Accept critic-ing kindly, people do it to help here, not bash. Also realize you're up against a lot of strong comics and your "style" is not well digested here. There's going to be people who don't like, a given for all comics.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Postby Monty on Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:43 pm

understand that when i utter things like fuckers it's not with anger or contempt...i simply enjoy the word. i wasn't bashing jhonen, quite the contrary, i was explaining that i used to read his works frequently until i got tired of his fans. secondly i don't give a damn about people's criticism in the sense that it doesn't upset me when i get insulted for my obvious lack of effort. in fact, the only reason i slapped my comic up for display was to get a reaction from people who responded very negatively to a comic i think is better then mine. don't think i am not grateful for constructive criticism, though i have yet to hear any...

as for a comic pitch if mine was not detailed enough let me add these words to the description:

It is a comic with no real storyline and no real goal. In fact the only point of it's existance was to give me something to do. View it not by single updates, but as a whole. I have attempted to tone down the morally apprehensible content that can be viewed in my first comic achivee, and in turn have created a less offensive comic featuring stick figures, kkk members, and whatever else comes into my head. It is updated daily with few exceptions. If you don't find my unique brand of humor entertaining then you obviously don't do drugs and beat women. Enjoy.

ACHIVEE (My first webcomic that was removed from Drunkduck and later put back on after some of the more offensive updates were left out)

Full Blown AIDS (What achivee (hiv) developed into.

Please provide CONSTRUCTIVE criticism...thankyou.
Thank Africa.

Full Blown AIDS
Monty

Postby STrRedWolf on Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:03 pm

This is a Drunk Duck comic. KeenSpace Comic Pitching is for KEENSPACE COMICS ONLY.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin

Postby ShineDog on Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:01 pm

"Welcome to The Comic Pitching forum. A wondrous place indeed. Our mission here is to get the word out on comics that need some attention, be they 'Spacers or no"

this is something i wholeheartedly agree with.

we mentioned this briefly in the chat, and you pounce and instigate this new rule. why? we are a community of comic artists,the point of this forum is surely that we, AS comic artists are going to be interested in finding comics that we would want to read. this is the point of the rule that "You may plug any site, even one that isn't yours".

sure, we have had these 3 DD comics turn up and post and they are crap. who cares? We arent taking issue with the fact that they come from DD. If i remember rightly, alpha shade and athena voltaire, awesome comics that i wasnt aware of before, have popped up in the comic pitching forums.

seriously, the number one complaint against you redwolf is that you jump in and change things without consulting anyone. this is proof of that. look how it went down in the chatroom! no one was for it after the fact but you refused to acknowledge. (and then disappeared offline)

im not very good at ranting, so i shall finish with this point.

GRAAGHHH.
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.
ShineDog
Regular Poster

Postby Mercury Hat on Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:03 pm

STrRedWolf wrote:This is a Drunk Duck comic. KeenSpace Comic Pitching is for KEENSPACE COMICS ONLY.

Seeing as how I can't reply to the announcement...

As we (ShineDog, Derenge, Peppermint and myself) said in chat, we don't think this is the right way to deal with things. In a way it's like amputating an arm because of an infection in a finger.

While the recent threads people are complaining about are the result of comic pitches for DD comics, this doesn't mean that cutting off pitches to only 'Space comics will solve the problem.

Nowhere in the guidelines did it ever say before today that only 'Space comics can pitch. In fact, yeahduff's post says
    "Our mission here is to get the word out on comics that need some attention, be they 'Spacers or no. Ideally, it'll be a place where people come to find the best of webcomics that aren't quite established yet. The comics pitched here are ready for prime time and are begging to be seen by the world. "

There have been many non-Space comics that have been well-received here.

Closing off Comic Pitching to just 'Space comics would be silly. A lot of us who check comic pitching don't go to other pitching forums you've listed in your post in the guidelines announcement. This is a place where 'Spacers who usually don't look outside the community to find new comics that would interest them.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby Derenge on Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:05 pm

My comments would only be an echo of theirs, I've voiced my thoughts with regard to this matter and I think that's all I am in a position to do. This is the worst thing that could have been done.
Derenge
Regular Poster

Postby ShineDog on Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:07 pm

beaver and steve! yes!

the point is PROVED :)
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.
ShineDog
Regular Poster

Postby TheSuburbanLetdown on Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:13 pm

I don't want to sound repetitive, but I agree with the above comments. Anyone should be able to post here as long as they are respectful and polite. Quite a few great nonspace comics have appeared on this pitching forum. I believe there are also quite a few nonspacers who are regular posters as well.
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value

Postby Kris X on Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:30 pm

The forums are public. Saying that KS is just KS is crap. You'd then have to ban all those off KS (including Ghast). Then the point of Pitching comics is lost because in pitching here you hope people outside of KS might also get a glance. It's silly. Really silly, and stupid.

EDIT: If banning other comics from pitching is our only solution... This forum has SERIOUS problems. I'd be wise to say you lower this policy and find a better one because this just doesn't float anyone's boat.

Yes, there will always be bad comics and pitching, but guess what? KS has their bad bunch too and every forum has to deal with it. So what? Honestly, it will just get worse if you do this and people will hate KS more. Not to mention we will be further isolated and no one will get a bit of culture.

Please re-think this policy or it might ruin a good board.
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten

Next

Return to Comic Pitching