The Most Depressing Essay Ever!

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

The Most Depressing Essay Ever!

Post by Collapse »

In English, we have to do the stupid bullshit essay about an epiphany we had, just like every goddamn year. I think that's the only purpose of the autobiographical incident. Why do we have to do it every year? ARG!

I was just going to write something about how I never have epiphanies, but I decided not to do that. I also didn't want to make something up, though I don't really know why. I thought for a long time, and three days after the rough draft was due I finally came up with something. Two more days and I got around to writing it.

It sucks, but I don't even care.
---


Realization

Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
BOMC
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:13 am
Location: with your mom

Post by BOMC »

That's more of a short story than a essay, isn't it?

Still, I like it.
-Grace (BOMC)

User avatar
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Post by Terotrous »

There was this one shining moment when I realized I didn't have any ephinanies, and it changed my life forever.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Image
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Dude... just make something up. That's what I did.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

I didn't want to make anything up. Dunno why.

Plus, if I made something up, I might have to deal with questions about the made-up scenario from the teacher.

Thanks, Grace :) .
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

I remember doing a non-fictional narrative in highschool about me getting abducted by space aliens. it was so far fetched and ludicrace... and some how my teacher said not a thing and gave me full marks. that was the funniest thing ever.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

Generally speaking, if you write it well and properly, they don't really care. My mother once handed in a thesis on why 'you should never dye your poodle purple' and received full marks.
Image Image

User avatar
Protectmyballs
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: BGSU
Contact:

Post by Protectmyballs »

We had to write daily 'journal entries' based on a one or two sentence prompt on the board in english class senior year of high school. I always wrote the most ludicrous things and got full credit. The one that stands out in my mind, the prompt was "Out, out damn spot!" (from Macbeth when he is tryign to get blood off his hands) I wrote about tampon commecials. When the teacher said it didnt relate to the prompt I said "Yes it does." After a few seconds he started laughing, then immedietly moved to the next student.
Image Image Image I am a Shmoe.

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Well that almost made me want to slit my wrists...

But speaking on assignments (yep, that's what we called them down here, because we can use bigger words) in highschool we suspected that some of the teachers basically just looked at the work to make sure there was enough of it, gave it a tick and handed it back. Especially those that were just work requirements and not going towards our marks.

So I littered one English assignment with words such as banana and pickled onion and stuff, and even slipped one sentence in there asking if the teacher was reading it. I had another real copy prepared to hand in when she found me out, but strangely I didn't need to use it...
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Jha'Meia
Regular Poster
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:24 am
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Formerly Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Contact:

Post by Jha'Meia »

protectmyballs wrote:The one that stands out in my mind, the prompt was "Out, out damn spot!" (from Macbeth when he is tryign to get blood off his hands) I wrote about tampon commecials.
Lady Macbeth :P

But I can see how it relates to tampons! ^^

User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Steverules »

We need to change the name of this forum from "Off Topic Junk" to "Help Collapse find love". And I think we have. Collapse, meet GoT, GoT, Collapse. Now you two know what to do.
Image

User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Contact:

Re: The Most Depressing Essay Ever!

Post by Steverules »

Oh, I don't know collapse. I can make it more depressing.
[quote="collapse"]

Realization

Image

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

You're baaaaaaaad.


*Sheepish Grin*
I remember caring... It was nice.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

I don't think teachers today realize that most teenagers lead rather unremarkable lives. Oh well, you can always make it up.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Heh...I'm not wading into that one... :)
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

steverules wrote:We need to change the name of this forum from "Off Topic Junk" to "Help Collapse find love". And I think we have. Collapse, meet GoT, GoT, Collapse. Now you two know what to do.
Make a statue of me, pronto!
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
BOMC
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:13 am
Location: with your mom

Re: The Most Depressing Essay Ever!

Post by BOMC »

steverules wrote: My friends tell me sheep make great lovers because they can't say "NO."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
-Grace (BOMC)

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

steverules wrote:We need to change the name of this forum from "Off Topic Junk" to "Help Collapse find love". And I think we have. Collapse, meet GoT, GoT, Collapse. Now you two know what to do.
As long as he stays away from my little sister. :x

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

we could always sign collapse up to a whole bunch of internet dating services.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

As if relationships in junior high mean anything...

Locked