Status and Priorities

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Status and Priorities

Postby Kisai on Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:35 pm

*puts on newsanchor-person type clothes*

*puts scrolling marquee of status, no no no I'm not really going to do it*

This just in, we have recieved reports from our KeenSpace correspondant

*camera pans over to the right, hits Kisai in the face, and then zooms out*

Owwie!

In the state of Keenspace, we are expecting:
1. Log files should resume operation within the hour
2. Member pages should already be working
3. Manual updates for sites should be working, however that utility needs to be phased out.
4. Changing user data is a bad thing to do, as the DB backend does NOT, nor will EVER read the data from it. Please visit guide.keenspace.com and "click edit comic data" to change anything
5. Lost log files are GONE, not recoverable
6. Log files from today are probably going to be screwed up or inaccurate
7. Lost sites are GONE, hope you have backups
8. Autokeen is functional, however there are problems with domains, this is currently being looked into

9. guide.keenspace.com has stats only for 30% of the comics, so it's heavily inaccurate today, and will not fix itself till after the log files start working properly again.

Thank you Kisai,

In other news,
Server(s) status:

Keenspot: working
Keenspace: working
Keenprime: working
forums.keenspace.com: working
forums.keenspot.com: working
support.keenprime.com: MIA
schlock, alised over current keenspace server

keenspot domains operatoinal
keenspace domains semi-operational, this is a backend problem

DNS status:
The DNS is not located on the same server as keenspace at this time, so it is impossible to register a domain or fix one right now.

New accounts status:
Ready to be added, but must take care of existing crisises first to prevent onslaught of "my account doesn't work because I didn't read my e-mail telling me to wait 48 hours first"

Now for the DO's and DO NOT's:

DO NOT complain about symlinks, their purpose has changed, and should not be a problem anymore.
DO NOT contact help@, it's bouncing.
DO contact me through one of the instant messenger routes if you have a problem, however I will not be happy if you've ignored this message.
DO NOT contact nate, he has enough problems to deal with.
DO NOT send me your password. I reserve the right to not help you, and send the undead typewriters after you if you do.
DO send me your username and domain name if you need to contact me.
DO mention KEENSPACE ACCOUNT when you do contact me so I don't have to read your mind.
DO make sure the problem hasn't been resolved immediately before trying to contact me, I'll not be too happy if you are reporting a problem from a week ago that has since been fixed.
DO make sure the problem is not on your end
1. "domain doesn't exist","domain time out" errors are on your end
2. "unable to connect", "destination host unreachable" errors are on your end
3. "Bad login", "Invalid login", "bad password" , "wrong password" can be a problem on either side.
DO NOT expect prompt service... sorry but I do not sit in front of my computer all day, but leave my IM programs not in "away mode"

And just because this annoys me so...

DO NOT ENABLE auto-replies, this is the most annoying thing next to people sending their passwords and HTML email. Why? I hate phone-tag style communications. This was most aggrivating with help@ e-mail ... IF YOU WANT HELP, I WANT TO TALK TO YOU LIVE. GO THAT?

Thank you
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Ghastly on Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:10 pm

So... um... does this mean FTP access will be restored soon for those of us on Boardy?

Autokeen working doesn't do me much good if I can't upload the files for autokeen to update.
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Postby YarpsDat on Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:23 am

LOL, sorry for posting here, but Ghastly, check the date.

2003!!!

(That's a quite old announcement, BTW)
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Ghastly on Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:17 am

Heheheh. I just saw the February 3rd and didn't even look at the year. That's right, this year's Great Space Crash falls on the anniversary of last year's Great Space Crash.
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phalanx on Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:56 pm

:oops: Me too.

At least we know that Keenspace is regular in its crashes, if not in everything else ;)
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby YarpsDat on Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:00 am

Actually...
last year DNS crash came almost the same time as this years.
And I heard from regulars that the last years happend more or less the same time as the year before.

And the forum crashed last year too, soon after I joined, and the recent forum crash was more or less at the same time...

*checks the callendar*
That means we should be safe for the next 3-4 months...

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mr Ekshin on Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:25 pm

Which is "Connection refused" (reported by mozilla and WS-FTP), my end your yours? I can't get on to FTP.

I'm on YDK. Other than not being able to do a manual update, haven't had problems before.

Please just let me know if it's a passing thingy.
Judge dredge.
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster

Postby Kisai on Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:39 pm

wow, so much proof people can't read... X_X

Yes this is almost step for step identical to last years crash, except this time we didn't lose 16% of the sites. Last time, it was just simply gone. Also I had to write a bunch of new stuff since someone jumped the gun and advertised the signups were open when they shouldn't have been.

This time, you might almost call prophetic, I disabled the signups in Janurary so stuff can get cleaned up, only I wasn't expecting this.

What's even more amusing about this thread is that it survived the forum crash. Like looking at rings in a tree.
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Mr Ekshin on Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:47 pm

I could FTP yesterday, and not today. I read this thread. It explains a list of error messages, and lists what end of the connection is most likely responsible. I get "connection refused". That's not in your report. Just wondering if it me or KS. Is FTP shut down for a while? I've rebooted my system, still no go. I'll reset the router next to see if that's the problem.

Just wanted to know if I should be beating my system with a hammer, or waiting patiently. That's all. :)

[edit] Also sorry: I wasn't here last year - I don't know what happened last time :oops: [/edit]
Judge dredge.
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster

Manual update/auto update

Postby RHJunior on Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:05 am

Umm, okay, if I read this correctly, Manual update is currently supposed to be working, correct? If so, how do I access the maintenance page to manually update?
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert
RHJunior
Cartoon Hero

Postby Kisai on Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:09 am

OMG people, read:
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:35 pm Post subject: Status and Priorities

The new server, BUTCH is running in auto-only mode till dns propagates, cause I can't test the scripts while they resolve to boardy
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby YarpsDat on Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:46 am

More like:
"OMG people, read:
Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:35 pm Post subject: Status and Priorities"
^_^

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phalanx on Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:24 am

This post is causing a lot of confusion. Should I remove it? I'd do it already but I'm loathe to meddle with Kisai's stuff.
Phalanx

Postby YarpsDat on Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:26 am

I'd un-announce it (edit the 1st post), and maybe lock it.

YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Phalanx on Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:07 am

It's unannounced. It doesn't seem to merit locking though.
Phalanx

Return to Help Center