TRI wrote:Kisai wrote:And yet they don't appear at all... well Nancy does in like one panel, in this one I have. If any reason Archie needs a reboot is to make more lead characters of racial diversity... X_X ... then again, every cartoon that has tried that still starred the white dude and the minorities turned into redshirts that needed the help of the white guy for every episode. gwah... darn I sound like that boondocks person...
I needed something to put me in the mood to draw and you just inspired a doodle.
And since you're a stickler for this I used this, this and this as references.
LOL! OMG, that is hilarious.
And yeah, I was aware of Chuck and Nancy, just they never have stories about them, and tend to show up for like one or two panels out of any story they do show up in. Like I said, the stories are entrenched in the 40's with some slight revisionism to technology (Archies Jalopy replaced with a Mustang, Computers updated from taking a room to smaller things)
But Archie comics (including other stuff they do, like the sonic comics), is not known for story, only one-shot stuff. With the sonic stuff, the only time story came up was with the release of a new game, that they had to mangle into continuity, even though there was no continuity in the games themselves. Archie I don't see being able to step away from their one-shot style system without actually starting from stratch and building the character development all over again. Which is why I'm saying it should be more 'rebooted' than simply restyled. The existing archie is too white and boring.