Happy Halloween!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:

Happy Halloween!

Post by Jim North »

Image

Anybody else make Halloween comics or whatnot?
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

apparently no. at least, Cricket and I have not....we seem only vaguely aware of what's going on around us.

Love the Ash-thing, though. sweet.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Every year, baby. A week of Halloween party. Every year.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

I'm doing a Halloween episode which is apparently branching out into early November, mostly because I'm busy.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

I'm not American, so no. I spent most of yesterday laughing at the kids who wanted to go trick or treating and calling them Yanks.
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

There's nothing wrong with trying to get candy in a way that does not involve buying or stealing.

Sometimes even the stealing of candy is ok.

User avatar
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Post by [geoduck] »

I swapped character-costume pics with Tim Volpe of Alternate Delusions.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Image

User avatar
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3243
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:34 am
Location: Starring in your latest sex dream.

Post by Jackhass »

I did two Halloween themed comics.

For some reason I was under the impression that Halloween was on Sunday, so I put a Halloween themed comic up on Friday. Of course I realize it's actually on Monday, so what the heck...I did a 2nd one for today.
Image

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!

User avatar
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:

Post by Jim North »

Dutch! wrote:I'm not American, so no.
Halloween isn't just an American holiday, tho'. :P It has it's roots in European traditions - like the Celtic ritual of Samhain - and several other nations/cultures have their own holidays that parallel it - such as the Day of the Dead festival.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

woohoo! Dia de los muertos!

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Nah.



Edit/ date.
Last edited by Yeahduff on Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Rhellik
Regular Poster
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:21 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by Rhellik »

I kinda did. I was reading my usual webcomics this morning and thought. "Ohoh it's Halloween and i forgot to make a Halloween comic". Problem was I didn't have that much time today, cause of courses and my ride home. But I somehow managed to squeze one in real fast.
It makes more sense if you read the page before that one.

I actually CARVED that pupkin on the left. :) I'll post some pictures as soon as I made some. Anybody else made some online-comic-character- lookalike-pumpkins?
Image

User avatar
Axonite
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: NEPA
Contact:

Post by Axonite »

I swapped Halloween art with Fizzle, had a "Happy Halloween" sign partially visible in today's Station V3, and gave the Gordon Dimension some Halloween colors in today's Z7. :)

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

It's the brain's fault! It always is.

Post by Cope »

I would've done something if I could have thought of anything.

*drags his brain to the cellar and beats it for being unimaginative*
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

What I want to know, is weather you drew your avatar normally and then flipped it, or weather you actually took the effort of writing backwards...

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

I remain ever the eternal doofus.

Post by Cope »

Mr.Bob wrote:drew your avatar normally and then flipped it
*smacks forehead*

It never occured to me to do that.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Corgan_dane
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1899
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:12 pm
Contact:

Post by Corgan_dane »

Image

User avatar
Humbug
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:05 am
Location: Not here.
Contact:

Post by Humbug »

I just did Halloween filler. :D I enjoyed it immensely.
Image

User avatar
CaptainClaude
Witty British President
Posts: 5647
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:50 am
Location: SITTING ON A BOMB IN A GREENHOUSE.
Contact:

Post by CaptainClaude »

I get link, Mario peach and snake, but arent you breaking the theme by putting TLH and Ti-phil in there?

User avatar
Levi-chan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1498
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:34 pm
Location: THE TOOBS

Post by Levi-chan »

Mother of god, Humbug. You GODDAMNED ROCK.

Post Reply