Potential enemies

Greatdane
Regular Poster
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:59 pm
Location: Denmark

Potential enemies

Post by Greatdane »

Now that we have a thread to allies, perhaps it would be proper to have one with his enemies.

So, here they are:
The diciples of the Gragnum "god"
The, possible, diciples of Rosad Beithers.
Rahan (that idiot smith-boy, hit him with a stick!)

Also remember the mentioning about the last questor's mystical dissaperance, maybe some old enemy is going to resurface...

The possebilities are endless! It is indeed a dangerous world the Racconians inhabit. <wry smile>

LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Re: Potential enemies

Post by LoneWolf23k »

greatdane wrote:Now that we have a thread to allies, perhaps it would be proper to have one with his enemies.

So, here they are:
The diciples of the Gragnum "god"
The, possible, diciples of Rosad Beithers.
Rahan (that idiot smith-boy, hit him with a stick!)

Also remember the mentioning about the last questor's mystical dissaperance, maybe some old enemy is going to resurface...

The possebilities are endless! It is indeed a dangerous world the Racconians inhabit. <wry smile>
I think the Gragum "God"'s disciples aren't going to be a huge problem... Considering that he failed his "test of divinity" and got his @$$ killed by a young Racconan, I doubt he's going to get many believers.

RHJunior
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: WV
Contact:

Post by RHJunior »

You forgot Gilder, the fat blowhard from Freeman Downs.

Also, the Big Papers apparently aint too fond of him, considering their reception of him....
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert

User avatar
StrangeWulf13
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1433
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:03 pm
Location: Frozen plains of North Dakota...
Contact:

Post by StrangeWulf13 »

RHJunior wrote:You forgot Gilder, the fat blowhard from Freeman Downs.
Ah yes, Gilder. Isn't he Rahan's father? Or at least an associate of his? =P Fat blowhard indeed; thinks he's more important than he is, and will try to get anyone willing to listen to side with him.

I personally hope he goes bankrupt when Quentyn solves the mystery of the dwarves and why they stopped trading.
I'm lost. I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait. Thanks.

User avatar
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

Heh feed Gilder to the Gragnum, they choke on the blowhard. 2 problems solved.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

User avatar
Astral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1577
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:15 am
Location: "I am the terror, that flaps in the night!"
Contact:

Post by Astral »

Three actauly; The swamp also disposes of eidence :D

User avatar
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

Heh, very good point.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

User avatar
Astral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1577
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:15 am
Location: "I am the terror, that flaps in the night!"
Contact:

Post by Astral »

*pom-poms* Go jellys, Go jellys, Go jellys :D

I bet that place would be heven for any botinist. The entire swamp is a self contained eco-system, can you imagin the fasinating species you could find and study.

User avatar
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

And be their lunch.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

User avatar
Astral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1577
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:15 am
Location: "I am the terror, that flaps in the night!"
Contact:

Post by Astral »

Oh you are such a spoil sport solidus! Where is your sense of adventure! Where is your craving for action! And more importantly... Where is my hat?

Squirrelly61104
Regular Poster
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:11 am
Location: Sitting up and facing forward. Why?

Eminies

Post by Squirrelly61104 »

Want to find out who might be Quentyns potential eminies? :x
Find someone who has been ordering Jello Brand Jelatin by the crate load. :evil:
(expecially lime!)
You can fool some of the people all of the time
And all of the people some of the time
But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

I am confused...Where was this about dwarves? I asked this question earlier but no one answered me. So I ask it again: Did RH not invent the Rac'conan? I assumed he did, but am I wrong? I see stuff on the forums sometimes that I have no clue where they got that from....so, whats the answer?

Also one thing that Quentyn is eventually going to have to figure out is who made the sword in the first place. And why such a seemingly very powerful weapon was broken in half. Anyway, something to think about, Tootles!
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line
Regular Poster
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:55 pm
Location: Giving the Enemy a right good thrashing.

Post by Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line »

It was forged at the Artifacer's Guild by an unnamed smith. Its subsequent use as a training weapon for luxcrafters resulted in a prodigious amount of half-finshed or unanchored spells bieng stored within that unassuming blade. As to its temporary sudering, perhaps the sheer number of spells overstressed the blade and snapped it, or perhaps it is standard procedure to break training blades when they are retired from active service. As to the unusual qualities of the blade, well the only person who knows that for sure at the moment is Ralph, as the contents of a barrel of sherry have obliterated the memories of those who repaired and tampred with the blade. Please correct me if I have stated inaccuracies.
Image

User avatar
Wayfarer
Regular Poster
Posts: 776
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:15 pm
Location: Lantern Waste
Contact:

Post by Wayfarer »

I see stuff on the forums sometimes that I have no clue where they got that from....so, whats the answer?
I'm not positive because I don't have them, but I think a lot of that stuff is probably coming from the CDs. There's extra info about the Questor world and stuff on those.
“The mirror may tell us what we are; memory may tell us what we were; but only the imagination can tell us what we might be.” – Donald Keesey

“You go whistling in the dark/ Making light of it/ Making light of it/ And I follow with my heart/ Laughing all the way// Oh 'cause you move me/ You get me dancing and you make me sing/ You move me/ Now I'm taking delight/ In every little thing/ How you move me”
~ "You Move Me"
Pierce Pettis, Gordon Kennedy

CasVeg
Regular Poster
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:06 am

Post by CasVeg »

Madmoonie wrote:Also one thing that Quentyn is eventually going to have to figure out is who made the sword in the first place. And why such a seemingly very powerful weapon was broken in half. Anyway, something to think about, Tootles!
See http://npc.keenspace.com/d/20020908.html and http://npc.keenspace.com/d/20030810.html.

The sword was broken because, at the time Quentyn aquired it, it was a useless piece of junk.

At to its current state, you can blame Kestrel, Fennel, and Quentyn himself.

RHJunior
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: WV
Contact:

Post by RHJunior »

minor point:

you never ever put spells in the BLADE. You put them in the HILT and POMMEL, and extend them out THROUGH the blade, as an antennae.

You don't put rune paths in the part of a tool or weapon that you're constantly pounding against other objects, anymore than you'd put a keyboard on the head of a hammer.
"What was that popping noise ?"
"A paradigm shifting without a clutch."
--Dilbert

Bengaley
Regular Poster
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Bengaley »

But I l438q;akjsb;dlkjhake doing that...

Sorry, a spider came by I and I had to hit it with my keyboardhammer.

Ransom Returns
Regular Poster
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:00 pm

Post by Ransom Returns »

I am confused...Where was this about dwarves?

It's explained here:
http://npc.keenspace.com/d/20020331.html

User avatar
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

RHJunior wrote:minor point:

you never ever put spells in the BLADE. You put them in the HILT and POMMEL, and extend them out THROUGH the blade, as an antennae.

You don't put rune paths in the part of a tool or weapon that you're constantly pounding against other objects, anymore than you'd put a keyboard on the head of a hammer.
Learn something new every day.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

Squirrelly61104
Regular Poster
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:11 am
Location: Sitting up and facing forward. Why?

Keyboard

Post by Squirrelly61104 »

You don't put rune paths in the part of a tool or weapon that you're constantly pounding against other objects, anymore than you'd put a keyboard on the head of a hammer.
:o
My computer insists on doing on what I tell it to do instead of what I want it to do.
Is it okay if I put the head of a hammer on the keyboard? :x
Hard. :o
Repeatedly! :x
You can fool some of the people all of the time
And all of the people some of the time
But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Post Reply