03/16/2005 -- Possible Translation?

User avatar
Maxgoof
Regular Poster
Posts: 961
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2003 11:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Contact:

Post by Maxgoof »

Mjolnir wrote:Dammit Jim, I'm a Doctor not a Bog Dragon Wrangler!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

- Mjolnir (who spend 7 very fine years at Pitt)
"Bones, get over here this man's hurt."

"Dammit, Jim, I'm a doctor, not a.....oh....yeah...right."
Max Goof
"You gotta be loose...relaxed...with your feet apart, and...Ten o'clock. Two o'clock. Quarter to three! Tour jete! Twist! Over! Pas de deux! I'm a little teapot! And the windup...and let 'er fly! The Perfect Cast!" --Goofy

Gildedtongue
Regular Poster
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 pm
Location: Cave Creek, AZ
Contact:

Post by Gildedtongue »

Bones, what time is it?

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor not a grandfather clock.

I wasn't putting parrallels that deep between Quentyn and Frodo, just similar wakings in a House of Healing... But you're right, Quentyn is more of a Sam.

But, Quentyn hasn't faced his most greuling enemy in this quest. Nay, something more life sapping and inhuman remains...

Reporters...

CasVeg
Regular Poster
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:06 am

Post by CasVeg »

Gildedtongue wrote:But, Quentyn hasn't faced his most greuling enemy in this quest. Nay, something more life sapping and inhuman remains...

Reporters...
Hey, wait. . . This isn't heaven! It's. . .it's. . .AAAAAH!

Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line
Regular Poster
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:55 pm
Location: Giving the Enemy a right good thrashing.

Post by Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line »

No, I do not believe that there are medicinal uses for a bog dragon, tame or no, unless you count entertaining swamp village kits as a medicinal purpose.
Image

CasVeg
Regular Poster
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:06 am

Post by CasVeg »

Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line wrote:No, I do not believe that there are medicinal uses for a bog dragon, tame or no, unless you count entertaining swamp village kits as a medicinal purpose.
I do!

User avatar
Astral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1577
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:15 am
Location: "I am the terror, that flaps in the night!"
Contact:

Post by Astral »

Yeah, its a stress remody for the perrants ^_^

Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line
Regular Poster
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:55 pm
Location: Giving the Enemy a right good thrashing.

Post by Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line »

And parents as well!
Image

Squirrelly61104
Regular Poster
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:11 am
Location: Sitting up and facing forward. Why?

Stress relief

Post by Squirrelly61104 »

its a stress remody for the perrants ^_^
Ah, yes. Nothing is more stress relieving than knowing your grade school age kit is playing with an organic flamethrower! :o
That would certainly calm my nerves! :P
You can fool some of the people all of the time
And all of the people some of the time
But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

User avatar
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:44 am
Location: Slightly south of Tampa, Florida

Post by Squeaky Bunny »

Well it's better than those two dimbulbs who stuffed their vehicle with acetyline balloons.
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:

User avatar
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:47 pm
Location: Pa, The 'Burgh

Post by Tbolt »

squirrelly61104 wrote:
Ah, yes. Nothing is more stress relieving than knowing your grade school age kit is playing with an organic flamethrower!
Well, if the alternative is a pet mudgullet.....


SolidusRaccoon Wrote:
You from Pitty city? I'm from the icebox of PA myself.
Yes, although I do not actually live in town, I'm pretty close to what I lovingly call "The Cultural Armpit of America" :)

I don't mind the cold too much. I like to think of all the insects freezing to death outside rather than growing larger and larger throught the year.

Rich-online
Regular Poster
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:37 am

Post by Rich-online »

[quote]Yes, although I do not actually live in town, I'm pretty close to what I lovingly call "The Cultural Armpit of America" [/quote]

I wouldn't worry too much about that eponym; where I grew up, the going joke was that the only way to get live culture there was to buy yogurt. :wink:

Post Reply