Guess Who...

User avatar
Mikhail Dragoslav
Regular Poster
Posts: 289
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:14 pm
Location: New York

Guess Who...

Post by Mikhail Dragoslav »

Unless Sanctuary City suddenly became infested with Bog Dragons, I'd guess that little Nessie and her pet have come to visit our favorite Questor. I really hope he didn't lose his eye. The Moshe Dayan look isn't for him.
There is something to be said for competent silence.

Persephone_Kore
Regular Poster
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:45 pm

Post by Persephone_Kore »

I have to say, his expression on finding the bog dragon sitting on him is somehow really funny. :)

Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line
Regular Poster
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:55 pm
Location: Giving the Enemy a right good thrashing.

Post by Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line »

I doubt any bookie in the seven villages would lay odds on that bet, Mikhail. They'd lose their shirts.
Image

User avatar
Dalak Lutra
Regular Poster
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:43 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Post by Dalak Lutra »

Persephone_Kore wrote:I have to say, his expression on finding the bog dragon sitting on him is somehow really funny. :)
So did I, but I mostly found it funny because I stated earlier that nessie would probably be at sanctuary city by now.
Oh and in the last comic I knew squidge would come back for his shinny gold ring that Quentyn never gave him.Pfffft no one ever belives my last opinion...
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh." -Magus
Image

Traxer
Regular Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:30 pm
Location: Here or There

Post by Traxer »

For some reason I was expecting this little twist of fate and I'm sure quite a few others have. What, pray tell, could happen next? Panic? Well, maybe on normal circumstances but our Questor has been up against things slightly more...scary than this little bog dragon.

But then again, who can be sure when you're dilerious and coming back from being half-dead.

DUDE 8) Nessie's back! :wink:

User avatar
Starfury
Regular Poster
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Looks around..... "Um, you know, thats a pretty good question..."
Contact:

Post by Starfury »

Well then... Here's my take on it...

Nessie is gonna somehow shift her liking to Colin. How, I don't know. But it does tie up the loose end. And it may take a lot of strips to do it in, but I'm staking claim to the theory now, while the gettin's good.
My LiveJournal!
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10

Dragoncry
Regular Poster
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:06 am

Last

Post by Dragoncry »

You know I've been missing her. The whole scene where she knocks down the mudgullet is still one of the most powerful in the series. second only to when Quenton pronounced himself a quester to the soothstone.

There is STILL the mystery of what the frog mage -saw- when he keened her, his expression says there was something, but no mention was made after that. So many story bits that are delightfully wonderful and still yet untold.

I've been waiting for this point for some time, and I'm glad that at least a piece of it may have arrived.
Last edited by Dragoncry on Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mad Mike
Regular Poster
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:04 pm
Location: Columbus, GA

Post by Mad Mike »

starfury wrote:Well then... Here's my take on it...

Nessie is gonna somehow shift her liking to Colin. How, I don't know. But it does tie up the loose end. And it may take a lot of strips to do it in, but I'm staking claim to the theory now, while the gettin's good.
You may be jumping the gun just a little there... :wink:

I'm curious to see how this reunion plays out - especially the next strip, given that Nessie didn't acquire Oggy until after she was rescued by Quentyn, and waking up with a bog dragon on your chest could be mildly disconcerting... :D

As for what the frog mage saw, I think it's pretty clear that he received at least a glimpse of her amazing abilities.
When trouble arises and things look bad, there's always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is insane.

User avatar
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

Well, this is an interesting turn of events.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

Squirrelly61104
Regular Poster
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 8:11 am
Location: Sitting up and facing forward. Why?

Guess who's back

Post by Squirrelly61104 »

Well, either Nessie is back, or they use some really nice meds in Rac-Conan hospitals! :lol:
Plus, I wouldn't count on young Nessie being too fickle just yet. That girl has one strong will, and while she is, of course, too young to seriously start thinking about beaus just yet, Quentyn still has a few years to go, too.
For a teenager, a few years differance seems considerable. When they're both in they're twenties, it might seem less so.

On the other paw, I gotta agree, a Colin/Nessie relationship seems... right. Friendship-wise at least. :)
You can fool some of the people all of the time
And all of the people some of the time
But you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

User avatar
SolidusRaccoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3046
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Outer Heaven

Post by SolidusRaccoon »

I remember when I had my cornea trasplant, I was in trippy land for a while.
Yes, sir. I agree completely. It takes a well-balanced individual... such as yourself to rule the world. No, sir. No one knows that you were the third one... Solidus. ...What should I do about the woman? Yes sir. I'll keep her under surveillance. Yes. Thank you. Good-bye...... Mr. President.

User avatar
Tbolt
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1162
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:47 pm
Location: Pa, The 'Burgh

Post by Tbolt »

One quick comment on Quentyn's expression: Bog dragons have methane breath. I can't imagine that being a pleasant wake-me-up! :D

User avatar
The JAM
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2281
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in Mexico...
Contact:

Post by The JAM »

[...unWARP!!!]

Good evening.


And the two storylines converge!!! This is CERTAINLY going to be an interesting month. Great work, Ralph!!



User avatar
Garbled
Regular Poster
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:25 am

Post by Garbled »

Nessie is gonna somehow shift her liking to Colin. How, I don't know. But it does tie up the loose end. And it may take a lot of strips to do it in, but I'm staking claim to the theory now, while the gettin's good.
I get the feeling you're going to be right.
If I'm wrong, then it's your fault, too.
"If life hands you lemons, kick the lemon farmer in the shins."
Hehehe. Funny.

Ringcaat
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:16 am
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Contact:

Agreed!

Post by Ringcaat »

Congratulations on calling those two predictions, Darak!

I suppose it's natural that either the frog mage or any expert they might have gone to see in Sanctuary would have been alerted by the messenger, and have gone to see what was happening. So of course Nessie would tag along!

Nessie and Colin! I suspect you're right about that...but they're still a bit young for it to have much meaning. Wait and see.
This signature has been left empty to heighten your anticipation.

User avatar
Starfury
Regular Poster
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Looks around..... "Um, you know, thats a pretty good question..."
Contact:

Post by Starfury »

Like I said, its a while coming... But I want bragging rights when it comes out, so I said it. (Come on, its the first time I really get a chance to make a prediction, ok? I'z gots ta, I'z just gots ta say it... )


Cornea transplant? They can DO that?
My LiveJournal!
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10

Ransom Returns
Regular Poster
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:00 pm

Post by Ransom Returns »

But don't you guys see? 8)

He's going to be bed ridden for awhile now, and he's stuck with Nessie, Colin, the independent newspaper, and all the new found Questor fans. Death by Fanboys (and girls)!!

User avatar
Starfury
Regular Poster
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Looks around..... "Um, you know, thats a pretty good question..."
Contact:

Post by Starfury »

Ransom Returns wrote:But don't you guys see? 8)...
...Death by Fanboys (and girls)!!

Ack! Not the Fanboys (and girls)!!

Ahem...

A group of oddly dressed Boys and Girls burst into the room...
"Nobody expects the Fanboys (and girls)!! Our main weapon is persistance... Persistance and Surprise... Two, our two main weapons are Persistance, surprise, and Fear... Three, our three main weapons are Persistance, Surprise, Fear, and Absolute Loyalty! Four! Four main.. Oh drat. Forget it."
My LiveJournal!
http://www.LiveJournal.com/~akkettch

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, including every secret thing, whether good or evil." Ecclesiates 12:10

User avatar
The JAM
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2281
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in Mexico...
Contact:

Post by The JAM »

[...unWARP!!!]

Good evening.


"And now, for something completely different..."



Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line
Regular Poster
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 1:55 pm
Location: Giving the Enemy a right good thrashing.

Post by Bolo Unit_BRL of the Line »

A man with a Lux recorder up his nose.
Image

Post Reply