Please do NOT e-mail your comics

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.
User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3276
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Please do NOT e-mail your comics

Post by Kisai »

Someone had the gall to e-mail me their comics, not just one, but "all" of them. Thanks for abusing my e-mail box. People wonder why I don't read help@ more than once a month. He didn't do it once either, but four times.

Going forward, anyone who e-mails me their comics with the expectation that I will put them in the right place will recieve one warning of where to find help and after that I will be sending their email straight to the trash.

Name removed to protect the guilty. I do not wish to make a habit of posting rude users e-mails.
Dear Keenspace,
My password doesn't work - or my ftp is sooo shit.
I was wondering if i could email you the comics and leave you to do the
rest...
1 JPG attached.
Dear keenspace,
as in connection with my last message - i have given
you my so far comics,
here you go...
10 JPGS attached.
Dear keenspace,
Answer my e-mail!!!
I want to send you my comics on e-mail - if you didn't get the message, so do it!!!!
10 JPGS attached.
Dear keenspace,
ANSWER MY EMAIL. If you didn't get it - I wanted to send you my comics because my computer can't use ftp - SO DO IT OR I WILL BE FORCED TO UNJOIN YOUR SERVICE.
Angrily,
10 JPGS attached.

The subject of the last two were "ANSWER MY EMAIL"

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

So did you just delete his account?
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3276
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Post by Kisai »

If he e-mails me again, emails goto trash.

I really really wanted to use "going forward" in a sentance because it's heavily abused at work.

User avatar
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Post by Terotrous »

Kisai wrote:If he e-mails me again, emails goto trash.

I really really wanted to use "going forward" in a sentance because it's heavily abused at work.
It's a linker word. You can connect sentances with it, which sounds cool until you have to repeat words over and over.

Like "also", "in addition", "moreover", "similarly", ... and uh I can't think of any more.

So if you have more than 4 related sentances you'd be glad you had the "going forward" one.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Image
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3276
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Post by Kisai »

Work uses "going forward" anytime they change a policy or react to someones abuse of a policy... like "Going foward, nobody will be allowed to park in front of the building." ... usually no specific reason is given, but I love the one about traffic accidents. Hello, pedestrians have the right of way at a cross walk, pity that nearly all drivers gun it the second they see someone at one.

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Going forward?

Down here I think we just say DON'T!
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: undef;
Contact:

Post by STrRedWolf »

This is why "abusing the admins" falls under the "any reason" clause.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

User avatar
Underbelly
Regular Poster
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 11:04 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Please do NOT e-mail your comics

Post by Underbelly »

Kisai wrote:
Dear keenspace,
ANSWER MY EMAIL. If you didn't get it - I wanted to send you my comics because my computer can't use ftp - SO DO IT OR I WILL BE FORCED TO UNJOIN YOUR SERVICE.
Angrily,
I love how he thinks quitting Keenspace is a threat. I mean, we could always use a little more bandwidth to go around, eh?
Image

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

I'm just amused by the use of the word 'unjoin'
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3276
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Post by Kisai »

You should see the last post, full of foul language... person must have been 11 or something. I'll be nice and censor it.
My ******* god you are stupid.
Firstly changing your password doesn't work, and your Ftp thing doesn't work
because i have a broadband computer. You bunch of ***** should go start a
homo website - because you are all gay.
From,
[*********]

I don't ******* care if you delete my website so go suck a condom you
bastards.
English is not his first language it looks like.

FYI... I do not make special exceptions for ANYONE.

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

:o The maturity of this person simply astounds me...

Dear person: My good sir, I fart in your general direction!
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
STrRedWolf
Confuzzled CG Admin
Confuzzled CG Admin
Posts: 2580
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: undef;
Contact:

Post by STrRedWolf »

Kisai, the next time he emails you, forward it to me. I need the mallet practice.
Kelly "STrRedWolf" Price
Admin, Comic Genesis
Artist/Writer, Stalag '99 (WolfSkunks and Drygers, oh my!)
I NEED MORE TIME, CAPTIN!

User avatar
Christwriter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1915
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Christwriter »

and your Ftp thing doesn't work
because i have a broadband computer.
And...broadband interfears with FTP how? I'd really like to know, as I started with broadband internet, am currently using broadband internet, and am having no problems whatsoever. :roll:

That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've heard of since one of our old foster boys tried to starch his pants with a potatoe.

CW
"Remember that the definition of an adventure is someone else having a hell of a hard time a thousand miles away."
--Abbykat, NaNoWriMo participant '04

Coloring tutorial It's a little like coloring boot camp. Without the boots.

<a href="http://blueskunk.spiderforest.com"> Image</a>
<a href="http://www.nanowrimo.org"> NaNoWriMo </a> --for anyone who has ever aspired to write a novel. Insanity is also a requirement.

User avatar
Sixguys
Regular Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:03 am
Location: Detroit Area, MI, USA
Contact:

Post by Sixguys »

Follow the bouncing signals...

Wireless broadband (city-wide project) --> WaveRider antenna/modem --> Ethernet cable --> LinkSys Wi-Fi G router --> (air again) --> LinkSys A+G laptop card.

And FTP works fine, surprisingly. Vanilla broadband (cable or DSL) can not be the problem.
The 6 GUYS In My Head
By Brian Malerich
http://www.6GUYS.com/
Your brain will never work the same way again.

User avatar
Numina
Regular Poster
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:30 pm

Post by Numina »

christwriter wrote: That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've heard of since one of our old foster boys tried to starch his pants with a potatoe.
Actually, that sounds.... well, inventive, at least.
Image

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

Numina wrote:
christwriter wrote: That's gotta be the dumbest thing I've heard of since one of our old foster boys tried to starch his pants with a potatoe.
Actually, that sounds.... well, inventive, at least.
Potatoes are for eatin', lassie! Arrgh... Okay I don't know if that was an Irishman or an Irish pirate....
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Kisai, C'mon.

Fail to show some restraint once in a while.

This person needs to be clubbed, gutted, tanned, and worn as a coat.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Grey_the_angel
Regular Poster
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:00 am
Location: where I'm at
Contact:

Post by Grey_the_angel »

kisai's a cat girl.... so if she gets mad... :o oooooo the horror the horror!
Image

User avatar
Grey_the_angel
Regular Poster
Posts: 233
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:00 am
Location: where I'm at
Contact:

Post by Grey_the_angel »

Crossfire wrote::o The maturity of this person simply astounds me...

Dear person: My good sir, I fart in your general direction!
you had to quote monty pyhon, didn't you? :-?
Image

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Kris X wrote:Potatoes are for eatin', lassie!
And for ammunition for a backyard potato cannon!
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

Post Reply