Not one of mine obviously, but I thought it would be relevant.
Good dog. n_n
EDIT: Removed the hotlinked comic. Replaced it with an URL tag.
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die
Having said all this, there's been at least one example of a show continuing after the title character/lead actor died: Taggart.
And don't forget Last of the Summer Wine... I swear, by the end Peter Sallis (Clegg) must have been the only surviving original cast member... quite ironic as he was the first person to be cast as well.
Of course, in Garfield's case he's a comic strip star, and there is no-one playing him, so he doesn't have to die (hence he's now, what 25? 26?). But even if he did, I bet there'd be some way to try and continue the strip.
Having said that, I think I've just had a theory: Garfield must actually have died circa 1994, and the strip is currently doing either a) an elaborate but not too well-disguised attempt to pull off repeats as new material, b) somehow, don't ask me how, they're doing a Last of the Summer Wine or c) it's Garfield's reanimated corpse.
Boot Camp - There don't appear to be many Worms webcomics out there...
Didn't Gabe Caplan only make the very odd cameo appearance in the the last two seasons of Welcome Back, Kotter? Or am I one of five people here old enough to remember it...
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Garfield was (IMO) a good strip, but it began to go downhill by around 1994 as they'd basically used up all the gags and had to start doing the same jokes over and over. It's sad but true.
Boot Camp - There don't appear to be many Worms webcomics out there...
Paul.Power wrote:Garfield was (IMO) a good strip, but it began to go downhill by around 1994 as they'd basically used up all the gags and had to start doing the same jokes over and over. It's sad but true.
Wait... that's not how it's supposed to be done?
If you'll excuse me I have to go scrap a bunch of upcoming comics and come up with some new jokes... jeez just when I thought I could sit back and relax...
::Grabs legos and digital camera and skulks away::
Oh, and as for how Garfield should die, I would personally like to see all the mice he hasn't killed over the years gang up on him and sacrifice him to their god...
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
You know. I grew up with Garfield. It's sad to see how far he's fallen.
I changed the Parking Lot is Full images to links. Keenspace doesn't allow hotlinking of our comics, why should we be able to hotlink other sites' comics?
orion wrote:Well I don't know about you people, but in america we have a higher moral standards, we are about a lot more than just money!
Bwahaha!! Sure man, sure. Whatever you say.
I live in america and I don't believe that. That may have held true in the 50's and 60's but now, the only moral story wrote in america is Money = success and Harry Potter is the Anti-Christ. I don't believe in these either.
mcDuffies wrote:Actually, all this reminds me of MP sketch with radio drama:
Radio: And now, a radio drama: "The death of Mary, queen of Scotland".
*drama begins*
Male voice: Are you Mary, the queen of Scotland?
Female voice: Yes?
*crackling voices*
*thumbling*
*woman groaning*
*gunshots*
*more woman screaming*
*those noises continue*
*that goes on for some time*
Announcer: That was first part of the radio drama "The death of Mary, queen of Scotland".
*pause*
Announcer: And now, thesecond part of radio drama "The death of Mary, queen of Scotland".
*noises of killing, thumbling, shooting and groaning queen continue for some time*
Male voice: I think she's dead.
Female voice: No, I'm not.
*noises continue and go on for some time*
...
Classic
Wasn't that a Monte Python skit? or atleast someone like them?
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.
Ian Moulding wrote:
I want a cashcow, dammit! I hate my job, and I deserve something better! WHERE'S MY CASH COW?!
::hands Ian a genuine imitation cashcow, warenty void in 49 states, canada, and mexico::
Edit: It's probably void due to the spread of mad cashcow disease, damn monitary encephalopathies.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff