Torchlight Shootout

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.
Post Reply
User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Torchlight Shootout

Post by Collapse »

Yeah, I'm working on another comic.

Oh, how do you get rid of the border around link buttons?

Edit: Er, okay, here's the concept of the comic.

TLSO is basically a gag comic about two friends and gamers who share an apartment/house (I don't remember which one it is). Real original, right? Probably fifty percent of our comics are about video games, but the rest are about normal life. One of the things I've been trying to do in writing TLSO is avoid overused and cliche jokes as much as possible, and I think that makes it a little different than other strips. We draw inspiration from real life experiences and I think it adds to the humor.

If you feel there aren't enough strips up, feel free to comment on the site, or the art, or whatever.
Last edited by Collapse on Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

In the image tag, add "border=0".
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

I should've known that.

Oh, right, comments, criticsm welcome and soforth.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

Not enough comics in your archive. You should know this. Come back when there's more to see.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Have a lot more, gonna put them up one day at a time or every other day. Another one'll be up tomorrow.

I might put up several tomorrow. I just don't want to rush our schedule.

Edit: Wait, how would I put up more than one in one day?
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Dude, what the hell? You hang out here more than I do. Plug for us, dammit!


Oh yeah, in a month, when you have an archive.


*sigh)

Ah well.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Stolle
Regular Poster
Posts: 307
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:37 pm
Contact:

Post by Stolle »

This forum...is a weird place.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

I have no idea what you just said, yeahduff. I did read your comic yesterday and I like it. I guess I'm confused as to who "us" is.

New comic up today (edit: whoops, forgot to resize it. It's very large (like 1400 pixels wide), plus three fillers I did in the gallery. The fillers are still comics, they're just mostly copy and paste artwork from other pages.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2446
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:08 am
Location: The Big Apple
Contact:

Post by Isukiyomi »

collapse wrote:I have no idea what you just said, yeahduff.
What yeahduff is saying is that people usually plug their comics when they have about 30 pages or more already displayed. So if you update everyday, you would have up to 30 pages, thus making it easier for people to comment on your stuff. That's when you would plug your comic.
Valar Morghulis - Michiko Monogatari & Tehuti

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

I meant "Dude, what the hell? You hang out here more than I do. Plug for us, dammit!"

That doesn't make any sense.

I just wanted to get people reading from the beginning. I don't care all that much what you think, though I'll listen to anything you have to say.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

collapse wrote:I meant "Dude, what the hell? You hang out here more than I do. Plug for us, dammit!"

That doesn't make any sense.

I just wanted to get people reading from the beginning. I don't care all that much what you think, though I'll listen to anything you have to say.
The point is collapse, you have to post after you have 30 comics because that's the rule. I too started a comic recently, but I didn't plug my comic because I followed the rules. You dig?
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

yeahduff wrote:At least fifteen would be acceptable, thirty would be better, but you can plug with less.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Ymmot
Regular Poster
Posts: 303
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: who?
Contact:

Post by Ymmot »

collapse wrote:I meant "Dude, what the hell? You hang out here more than I do. Plug for us, dammit!"

That doesn't make any sense.

I think he wants you to tell us about the comic...
what it is about and what not.
Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Yeah, I meant that you spend a lot of time in this forum, so the concept is not new to you. You know the guidelines, and know that they are guidelines, so it's frustrating to see you not put any effort in your plug, particularly with a small archive.

I guess I don't care though.

ps, glad you like the comic.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Did you actually go through the forums to find that quote by Yeahduff? :o
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

It's in the rules sticky at the top. I remembered it.

Since not a lot of people here like me, I figured I'd keep my talking to a minimum. Here, I'll edit the original post with some info.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

It's better. Thanks.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Post Reply