Dunk the RedWolf! (Obligary Furry Admin Criticism thread)

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
Locked
User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

-1. Hey! I got banned for bumping! :evil:

Er, don't ban me for bumping this one. Wolfy told me to.

Well, now that I've finally been released, I'd like to express my disappointment with the moderation we've got on these boards.

1. I got warned and classified as "dead humanoid walking" for saying the themes for a contest suck. A new account and Phactorri both flamed me. THe new account got a warning (most forums ban people who flame on their first post). Phactorri didn't even get a warning.

2. Then I got attacked and banned for trying to show the forums can handle a lot of posts by reviving two old threads (well, and one about the topic, so three).

3. Only a few hours after I got banned Kisai came in and basically confirmed what me and Sam had been trying to show/say, that the forums could handle way more than 200 posts/thread. Everyone said okay, except Wolf who sort of said he would implement limits anyway if he felt like it.

4. I was told I would be banned for one week. Since the incident I was banned for occured midafternoon Monday, I should have been unbanned Monday. It's 10pm Wednesday night and Wolf just unbanned me because I asked him about it. When I asked him why I hadn't been unbanned yet he said that Keenspace has been down for the last few hours. I pointed out that shouldn't have affected my being unbanned and he said he was "on the phone with Nate for a while".

Er, he just told me "a lot of things" happened. I guess that explains it?

5. Another thing I'd like to mention is that when people were teasing me and GoT and saying I have a crush on her, she got pissed off and said as much. Instead of stopping, people made fun of her more, and a few even made fun of her period. Nobody got warned for that.

Now I know not a lot of people like me here, and I don't really understand why. I know I'm a bit harsh at times but a lot of other people are that way too. I really get the feeling that people are being much harder on me for things that everyone does, just because they don't like me. I don't think that's really fair.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

My feeling is, you were being a dick, but you still got screwed.

You weren't being a "bannable" dick, in other words.
Last edited by Kevin Wolf on Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

We're allowed to have lesbian porn in our av?

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME THAT EARLIER?!?

See, I don't really see what I did that was so horrible.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

Neither do I. If folks drop by and pitch their website, contest, comic, whatever, they should brace themselves for the possiblity that somebody will think that what they're pitching sucks.

I don't think it's the content of your posts that got you, but rather the delivery. Poison tastes a lot sweeter when it's delivered with tact.
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

I was doing my best.

Hey, I just realized something. I'm a zombie!

*conspires to always be just bad enough to be in a state of warning without being banned*




:wink:
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

*whips out a Mossberg*

Oh, this just ain't your day.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Uh, what exactly does that mean?
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

collapse wrote:
Hey, I just realized something. I'm a zombie!
"We're not using the 'zed' word!"
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Huh? When did that happen?

Ooh boy, I feel bad for Toxic.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

*Sigh* here we go:
collapse wrote: 1. I got warned and classified as "dead humanoid walking" for saying the themes for a contest suck.
No. You were saying that REPEATEDLY.
Saying something once - expressing your opinion
Repeating it - showing your opinion.
Besides, you were rude to a nice girl who was posting on these forums long before you, and who put a lot of effort into that contest. The least you could do was being more polite.
A new account and Phactorri both flamed me.
Nothing Phactorry said to you could be considered flaming.
"Collapse had it comming" - you call that flaming?
THe new account got a warning (most forums ban people who flame on their first post). Phactorri didn't even get a warning.
The new account got the same as you, good for you being that you started first.
I don't know what are rules on other forums, but here we have it less harsh. Besides, new account didn't just come here and flame, he was, let's say, summoned by you.
2. Then I got attacked and banned for trying to show the forums can handle a lot of posts by reviving two old threads (well, and one about the topic, so three).
When you get warned, the smartest you can do is stay out of fire for a while.
Instead, the very NEXT DAY after the warning, you get into another edgy discussion, and you're the loudest voice in it. And then you ressurect not one or two, but five old threads, even though you know that ressurecting old threads annoys people. So bonus for doing something that you know is wrong.
Without a warning before, you would get away with it. But you did it while eyes of all mods were on you, while you still had "ACME" sign on your back.
3. Only a few hours after I got banned Kisai came in and basically confirmed what me and Sam had been trying to show/say, that the forums could handle way more than 200 posts/thread. Everyone said okay, except Wolf who sort of said he would implement limits anyway if he felt like it.
No, he said he will implement it if he sees signs that forums can't handle it.
I'm saying this just to point out your habit to take quotes of other people and misinterpret them. Which you do in discussions often.
4. I was told I would be banned for one week. Since the incident I was banned for occured midafternoon Monday, I should have been unbanned Monday. It's 10pm Wednesday night and Wolf just unbanned me because I asked him about it. When I asked him why I hadn't been unbanned yet he said that Keenspace has been down for the last few hours. I pointed out that shouldn't have affected my being unbanned and he said he was "on the phone with Nate for a while".

Er, he just told me "a lot of things" happened. I guess that explains it?
So? You're not in position to make any conditions.
5. Another thing I'd like to mention is that when people were teasing me and GoT and saying I have a crush on her, she got pissed off and said as much. Instead of stopping, people made fun of her more, and a few even made fun of her period. Nobody got warned for that.
If Got or you complained to me, I would put a stop to it. Even if I was teasing as well, I am a mod and I have an obligation to protect all forums member. I know that you know who to contact when someone on forums is bothering you, so be sure that GoT knows too.
Now I know not a lot of people like me here, and I don't really understand why. I know I'm a bit harsh at times but a lot of other people are that way too. I really get the feeling that people are being much harder on me for things that everyone does, just because they don't like me. I don't think that's really fair.
Noone is harder for you because they don't like you. But you're being hard on everybody else, so you're, as serbs would say, "pulling our tongues".
You said yourself that you don't have much of social skills. I'm afraid that's translating to forums as well. Even more, perhaps, because text conveys emotions bad so some thinks can take totally different meaning when typed on forum. People are careful about that.

Now, let me straighten the facts:
-When you post on forums, you're part of every single arguement on it. People choose arguements that actually interest them, or where they have something to say, but you have to be in every single one.
-You're not "a bit harsh" when discussing, you're very rude. You're the one who's cussing and attacking, while everyone else is calmed and reasonable. Check back old threads and you'll see that you're the one who pulls out strong words.
-You can't let it go. Sometimes you do have to. Not every discussion ands with a winner and a loser - in fact, none does. So sometimes, even if someone says something you disagree with, you just have to think whether it's worth discussing about. And sometimes, even though you thing you're right, just let it go. People do that, it makes their life easier and their social life nicer.
-You jump from one discussion to another, without a rest. One example is that thing: You're warned. Your "dead humanoid" tag didn't even have time to dry, you're already up to the neck in another discussion. Think about it, maybe you simply like to fight? Most of people don't.
-You'll find excuse for anything. Now, first sentence in your post is something along the lines of "How can mcDuffies bump threads, and I can't?" I know it's not to be taken seriously, but you always try to find an excuse for yourself by pointing finger at someone else: "Ok, I was bad, but they were bad too and they weren't punished." That's not helping you with your problems. That's just opening getaway from your problems.

I don't think this forum is more harsh to you than to anyone else. In fact, I think it was pretty tolerant while you were breaking unofficial rules, it just broke down on you when you started breaking official. It is just your perspective on events that is twisted.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

See, now you're twisting things. I only revived three old threads. Not five. I only said the themes suck once. And Phactorri attacked me before I said anything to her. And I haven't been harsh and cursing all the time like you're saying.

Besides saying I had it coming, she also said I piss everyone off and don't realize it. I found the whole thing offensive.

I didn't know resurrecting old threads annoys people. How would I know that?

Edit: And how can you get mad at me for bumping if you do it?
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

Just for the sake of clarification, I'm pretty sure Phact0rri is a guy...
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

Let's let sleeping dogs lie, shall we?
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

collapse wrote:See, now you're twisting things.
Looking for excuses by pointing finger to someone else: Check!
I only revived three old threads. Not five.
Wasn't it three in GD and two in Games? I am sure it was more than three.
I only said the themes suck once.
So what, you repeated bashing the contest, in these or other words. She didn't post it to receive a critique, she posted it to inform and get publicity. So even one was too much, but tolerable.
And Phactorri attacked me before I said anything to her.
To him. Phactorri was defending the other person, just like I was.
Besides saying I had it coming, she also said I piss everyone off and don't realize it. I found the whole thing offensive.
He said the sole thruth. You do piss people off and you do find it offensive. In that very same thread you said you're straight and honest to all people and that that's the best way to do. But when someone is straight and honest to you, you find that offensive.
I didn't know resurrecting old threads annoys people. How would I know that?
Well, how would you know that you can't get out on the street in your pajamas? Common sence combined with experience, I guess.

Now, see this, Collapse? This is your first day back, and you're already in the middle of the arguement.
If this thread turns out as a flamewar, you'll get more pummeling than me.
You think it's unfair? Well, think about it: you're just unbanned with a reputation of a flamer, I'm an old poster with no such reputation. You're on trian, I am not. It's not unfair, it's a basic principle of every law.

Now I guess you'll have something to answer to this post too? Some "valid arguments", as you think? Replying to this will only show that you can't stay out of fight.

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

mcDuffies wrote: Now I guess you'll have something to answer to this post too? Some "valid arguments", as you think? Replying to this will only show that you can't stay out of fight.
That's a pretty lame way to force somebody into letting you have the last word, McDuff...that's all I'm sayin'.
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Kevin Wolf wrote:
mcDuffies wrote: Now I guess you'll have something to answer to this post too? Some "valid arguments", as you think? Replying to this will only show that you can't stay out of fight.
That's a pretty lame way to force somebody into letting you have the last word, McDuff...that's all I'm sayin'.
I wouldn't use it if I didn't have reason to. Collapse won't let me have the last word with it or without it.

User avatar
Driving Without Pants
Regular Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:48 am
Location: French Indochina
Contact:

Post by Driving Without Pants »

You guys sound remarkably like an old married couple right now.
~ Mike Ramsey

The State News

User avatar
Kevin Wolf
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1232
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Walking the Earth.
Contact:

Post by Kevin Wolf »

You should hear them really get into it when collapse leaves toast crumbs in the butter. Hoo, boy!
Of course, I'm the one that isn't JP Sloan or Jim North.

BLOGTRONIC Text Server

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

orion wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:<<

>>

I just thought, did he even notice the plead about games forum?
Indeed, I'd like to know if this is happening or not.

And if its not, then this is one of those cases where it would be good to let us know the reason.

On a different subject, I believe a bunch of forums got moved around, unused forums shifted and locked to help clean things up. I'm sort of wondering why this concern went unadressed, or for that matter why we haven't at least been given an excuse as to why it's not feasible.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
IVstudios
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3660
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:52 am
Location: My little office
Contact:

Post by IVstudios »

mcDuffies wrote: But you're being hard on everybody else, so you're, as serbs would say, "pulling our tongues".
So if you were to do this we could effectively say, "Cat got your tong?"

Locked