A pressy for God of Tarot!

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
Locked
User avatar
Komiyan
HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:35 am
Location: Hrmph.
Contact:

Post by Komiyan »

Or walking down stairs. Or reaching for things. Or doing anything, really.
Image
Image

User avatar
Mooman
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:33 pm
Location: Defender of the Faith
Contact:

Post by Mooman »

it's simple supply and demand.

Got boobs? Your country needs you!

Got a willy? Sod off, you git.
What a rubbish signature.

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

Komiyan wrote:Or walking down stairs. Or reaching for things. Or doing anything, really.
Especially running and dancing. Boobs! BAH!
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

Mooman wrote:it's simple supply and demand.

Got boobs? Your country needs you!

Got a willy? Sod off, you git.
I'd rather not sod it off, that sounds a bit unpleasant.

User avatar
Mooman
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:33 pm
Location: Defender of the Faith
Contact:

Post by Mooman »

Well, basically sod means 'grass'.

So...erm...cover your willy in grass? :-?
What a rubbish signature.

User avatar
Komiyan
HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:35 am
Location: Hrmph.
Contact:

Post by Komiyan »

It doesn't always mean grass, though, does it? :)
Image
Image

User avatar
Mooman
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:33 pm
Location: Defender of the Faith
Contact:

Post by Mooman »

It does when I want it to, dammit.
What a rubbish signature.

User avatar
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: the sea side
Contact:

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

Nobody loves the bollocks ;-;

Without a pair of really good pants, Y-fronts, or chuddys (all of which you must be built like War to get away wearing), bollocks are about as impractical as boobs. And worse, nobody wants to see them! Woe.

User avatar
Mooman
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1454
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:33 pm
Location: Defender of the Faith
Contact:

Post by Mooman »

I believe that horse-riding example springs to mind.


I guess we just forget about them, since we're all big butch men who walk around flexing and lifting trucks and not complaining. 8)
What a rubbish signature.

User avatar
LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2532
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: the sea side
Contact:

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

*grunts acknowledgement*

*punches Mooman in a manly way*

*keels over after running down 12 flights of stairs*

Unnghhhhh...

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

Mooman wrote:I believe that horse-riding example springs to mind.
That's why you should ride Western style if you're a male. You can sit back on your butt instead of forward on your crotch. And it isn't necessarily pleasant for females, either.
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Stick_Figure_N
Regular Poster
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 3:52 pm
Location: right here
Contact:

Post by Stick_Figure_N »

To godoftarot: I appologize for offending you. You read as being rather upset about the comments being made by other spacers. I simply suggested a means of escape, and brief analysis of the problems possible root. Excuse me for sticking my large nose where it obviously doesn't belong. I'll keep any and all advice I think may or may not be prudent to myself from now on.

To collapse: I was not offended by you. I did not imply that you were offending anyone else other than godoftarot who seems to constantly be standoff-ish about most things.

To anyone else I managed to piss off: Again, my appologies. I'm a lurker, which I mean as I tend to read more than I post, and generally feel I 'know' people better than they believe I should.
"...we're looking for a near-sighted licorice fanatice with no tastebuds, and a very strong stomach..."

||<a href="http://stickfiguren.keenspace.com" target="moo"> The Adventures of Stick Figure N </a>|| <a href="http://members.rogers.com/pranam/HAT" target="hats"> Ear-ed Hats </a> (like Keff's x_X)

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

rkolter wrote:
The Neko wrote:I think women got the shorter end of the stick. First of all, they have these bare milk glands hanging out in the front of their chest, ogled by every knuckle-dragging bozos everwhere. And if they're too small, there's plenty of OTHER bozos out there to make sure they're sized appropriately. Then there's the bleeding, the childrearing, being paid less for the same job, and the glass ceiling looming inches above their heads.
While us men are satisfied with testosterone poisoning, shorter lifespans, knuckle-dragging jokes, and sexual organs that sit outside the body?
I could add on a list of male problems, just to show that we have problems too:

-I personally hate the fact that I have to shave every second day, because if I don't, I look like vagabond. I know it doesn't sound bad, but day-to-day, it really becames a bother.
-Women have more variousity in clothing. Women can safely wear man's clother but oposite is considered weird, even after a million of celebrities have done it. I'm specially annoyed by the uniformity of man's formal wear, as oposed to women's.
-Army service. We still have regular army service, something that I'll have to get done when get out of uni. I don't look forward to wasting almost a year of my life on being yelled at by someone who got his position and all his education by nodding and agreeing with superiors. And, in a country like this, with all these big and little wars...
-Men traditionally have iniciative, which is bad. For once, I would like a girl to approach me first.

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

mcDuffies wrote: -I personally hate the fact that I have to shave every second day, because if I don't, I look like vagabond. I know it doesn't sound bad, but day-to-day, it really becames a bother.
-Women have more variousity in clothing. Women can safely wear man's clother but oposite is considered weird, even after a million of celebrities have done it. I'm specially annoyed by the uniformity of man's formal wear, as oposed to women's.
-Army service. We still have regular army service, something that I'll have to get done when get out of uni. I don't look forward to wasting almost a year of my life on being yelled at by someone who got his position and all his education by nodding and agreeing with superiors. And, in a country like this, with all these big and little wars...
-Men traditionally have iniciative, which is bad. For once, I would like a girl to approach me first.
-Try shaving your legs or under your arms all the time. Or getting various parts of your body waxed. Besides, a little bit of scruff is sexy. If women are unfortunate enough to have any hair on our faces, we're ugly.
-We have more variety in clothing because you boys want us to look good all the damn time. Can't do that if all we wear is jeans and t-shirts. (Unless you're like me, in a big ol' pair of men's cargo pants. Screw dressing up)
-I dunno about army service in the U.S. right now. There hasn't been a draft in a long time, but it could be reinstated. And while women are lucky enough not to be drafted, that kinda stems back to the barbaric times when women only cooked and cleaned and stuff. We weren't always allowed to go to war.
-Again, men have the intiative because so much of the world, even the good ol' U.S. hasn't shaken that women as inferior mentality to one extent or another. It wasn't that long ago that taking the intiative made a woman a slut. And in a lot of places even here it still does.
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Comi-what now?
Contact:

Post by Pimpette »

godoftarot wrote: Boobs are over-rated.
Mercury_Hat wrote: Especially running and dancing. Boobs! BAH!
But...
I like my boobs. :(


In my humble opinion, both genders are pretty much balanced.
But that's me.
Image

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

godoftarot wrote:-Again, men have the intiative because so much of the world, even the good ol' U.S. hasn't shaken that women as inferior mentality to one extent or another. It wasn't that long ago that taking the intiative made a woman a slut. And in a lot of places even here it still does.
I always found this one funny, women have fought for equal rights and more respect yet there's a lot of things that they still want to stay old fashioned. Talking to one of my friends where she sometimes complains that she sees a nice looking guy but he never comes up to her. I go to her "why don't you go up to her?" and her reason not to is "because it's the guy's job to take the intiative"

Argh I hate that, if you see someone you might be interested in go up to them, don't wait for the guy to make the move! Hell he may not even see you!
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

godoftarot wrote:
mcDuffies wrote: -I personally hate the fact that I have to shave every second day, because if I don't, I look like vagabond. I know it doesn't sound bad, but day-to-day, it really becames a bother.
-Women have more variousity in clothing. Women can safely wear man's clother but oposite is considered weird, even after a million of celebrities have done it. I'm specially annoyed by the uniformity of man's formal wear, as oposed to women's.
-Army service. We still have regular army service, something that I'll have to get done when get out of uni. I don't look forward to wasting almost a year of my life on being yelled at by someone who got his position and all his education by nodding and agreeing with superiors. And, in a country like this, with all these big and little wars...
-Men traditionally have iniciative, which is bad. For once, I would like a girl to approach me first.
-Try shaving your legs or under your arms all the time. Or getting various parts of your body waxed. Besides, a little bit of scruff is sexy. If women are unfortunate enough to have any hair on our faces, we're ugly.
-We have more variety in clothing because you boys want us to look good all the damn time. Can't do that if all we wear is jeans and t-shirts. (Unless you're like me, in a big ol' pair of men's cargo pants. Screw dressing up)
-I dunno about army service in the U.S. right now. There hasn't been a draft in a long time, but it could be reinstated. And while women are lucky enough not to be drafted, that kinda stems back to the barbaric times when women only cooked and cleaned and stuff. We weren't always allowed to go to war.
-Again, men have the intiative because so much of the world, even the good ol' U.S. hasn't shaken that women as inferior mentality to one extent or another. It wasn't that long ago that taking the intiative made a woman a slut. And in a lot of places even here it still does.
Light/fuzz hair on the arms looks fine. Not sure exactly how to explain that. Jeans and t-shirts are fine. Better than a lot of dresses, imo. And cargo pants are sexay!

I sure as hell wouldn't be offended if a girl took the initiative.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Carlin
...or Crossfire
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 9:13 pm
Location: Paragon City

Post by Carlin »

If it ain't as hairy as me it's all good. Clothing? Don't care. As long as it doesn't involve anything that might cause bloodshed when hugging. :o And damn would I like it if she took initiative. I know I probably wouldn't. Of course for this to happen I should probably not be 17 and get out more often.

>.>
<.<

I'm a gonna go away now.
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Women, just please remember that most men are disgusted by the glass ceiling and unfair wages as women are.

We don't act because: (1) we aren't the ones being discriminated against. and (2) the average guy doesn't think he discriminates against women or is perpetuating the problem.

Those aren't good reasons. But, they're the same reasons why you don't find an equal number of straight people fighting for gay rights. Or an equal number of white people fighting racism.

So why do men point out the draft, or limited clothing choices, or always having to pay for dinner, etcetera?

Easy - the average guy doesn't think he's sexist, and so only sees sexism actively when it's either (1) very blatent or (2) affecting him.

If you want the average guy to take equality between the sexes more seriously, you need to agree that there are issues in sexism that hurt men too, and then go on to make your case that all the issues need to be resolved.

If you only rally around issues that directly affect women, you'll mainly get women to agree with you.

In short, know your audience.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I actually like it when girls don't shave their legs, as it seems more natural that way. I've shaved my legs before and it feels weird, especially with pants on. And then it grows back and gets all stubbly and scratchy.

Although I'm cool with regular clothes, I'm kind of annoyed sometimes that women's clothing tends to be far cooler than men's clothing. I tried to steal my sister's jacket once, but it's just too small. Damn.
Image

Locked