Could I get some advice?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

godoftarot wrote:I have never met a guy who thought I was cute when I'm upset.
*laughs* No, me neither.
Image Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

collapse wrote:Yeah, yeah, what have they done for me, what do I need girls for anyway, etc. I still want a girlfriend though. I at least want to give it a shot. I'm lonely.
Buy a cat.

Put it in a bag with four cups of water.

Shake the bag.

Snuggle up to the wet, shaken cat.

It's about the same thing.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

rkolter wrote:
collapse wrote:Yeah, yeah, what have they done for me, what do I need girls for anyway, etc. I still want a girlfriend though. I at least want to give it a shot. I'm lonely.
Buy a cat.

Put it in a bag with four cups of water.

Shake the bag.

Snuggle up to the wet, shaken cat.

It's about the same thing.
Unless you own my cat, in which case he'd run away and hide. Of course, if you had my cat you'd not A LOT more than four cups of water. He never puts his claws out.
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

godoftarot wrote:
rkolter wrote:
collapse wrote:Yeah, yeah, what have they done for me, what do I need girls for anyway, etc. I still want a girlfriend though. I at least want to give it a shot. I'm lonely.
Buy a cat.

Put it in a bag with four cups of water.

Shake the bag.

Snuggle up to the wet, shaken cat.

It's about the same thing.
Unless you own my cat, in which case he'd run away and hide. Of course, if you had my cat you'd not A LOT more than four cups of water. He never puts his claws out.
Maybe he's afraid to. :wink:
Image Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

collapse wrote:I'll think you're cute when your upset for you, GoT!
GoT and Collapse
sitting in a tree
g-o-t-b-e-a-t-i-n-g-h-i-m-i-n-t-h-e-h-e-a-d

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

mcDuffies wrote:
collapse wrote:I'll think you're cute when your upset for you, GoT!
GoT and Collapse
sitting in a tree
g-o-t-b-e-a-t-i-n-g-h-i-m-i-n-t-h-e-h-e-a-d
Already McDuffies knows me so well ^^
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Jha'Meia
Regular Poster
Posts: 114
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 7:24 am
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Formerly Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Contact:

Post by Jha'Meia »

collapse wrote:Yeah, yeah, what have they done for me, what do I need girls for anyway, etc. I still want a girlfriend though. I at least want to give it a shot. I'm lonely.
I must be the only one here who thinks that's an awful reason to get a significant other.

Love yourself and you shall never need for another.

I'd rather get a guy who's confident in himself enough to enjoy his own company, then a guy who wants me as a girlfriend just to assuage his own loneliness.

User avatar
Steverules
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1710
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Steverules »

Jha'Meia wrote: Love yourself and you shall never need for another.

I'd rather get a guy who's confident in himself enough to enjoy his own company, then a guy who wants me as a girlfriend just to assuage his own loneliness.
Damn skippy. Go by my motto, "I rule the world!!!!" Live by it and good things will come.
Image

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

Jha'Meia wrote:
collapse wrote:Yeah, yeah, what have they done for me, what do I need girls for anyway, etc. I still want a girlfriend though. I at least want to give it a shot. I'm lonely.
I must be the only one here who thinks that's an awful reason to get a significant other.
Doubt it. Otherwise I wouldn't still be single. I've had the opportunity...but I'd lose what little respect I have for myself. So here I am, all by my little lonesome.
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Smight
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:50 am
Location: A Dark Place
Contact:

Post by Smight »

Jha'Meia wrote: I'd rather get a guy who's confident in himself enough to enjoy his own company, then a guy who wants me as a girlfriend just to assuage his own loneliness.
My only fault is that I automaticaly agree with any sentence containing the word assuage.

Though I've been working on it. I have trained myself to instinctively disagree with any sentence that includes "ass usage" which is pretty close I think.
I remember caring... It was nice.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Jha'Meia wrote:Love yourself and you shall never need for another.
Women totally misinterpret men sometimes.

Collapse knows all about loving himself. That's WHY he's looking for a woman.

Sorry... I had to. No, really. It was too tempting.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Godoftarot
Regular Poster
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:34 am
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...
Contact:

Post by Godoftarot »

rkolter wrote:
Jha'Meia wrote:Love yourself and you shall never need for another.
Women totally misinterpret men sometimes.

Collapse knows all about loving himself. That's WHY he's looking for a woman.

Sorry... I had to. No, really. It was too tempting.
Ahhh, ya done me proud! :lol:

That was freakin' hilarious. Keep up the good work!
http://godoftarot.keenspace.com
God of Tarot: Giving new meaning to the phrase "Life sucks and then you die."

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Well..... If you're lonely, your lonely. It's all well and good to be on your own and to have confidence in your abilities and to have a firm knowledge of who you are independent of another being, but sometimes it sucks not having someone there. If you never allow yourself any time alone and just go from relationship to relationship with no down time to reflect, you'll have trouble knowing yourself, but you may have the same problem if you keep to yourself, never stepping out of the bounds of your own solitude. This doesn't mean that you should desperately seek the first person who walks by, but if you wanna find someone, by all means, look.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Jha'Meia wrote:
collapse wrote:Yeah, yeah, what have they done for me, what do I need girls for anyway, etc. I still want a girlfriend though. I at least want to give it a shot. I'm lonely.
I must be the only one here who thinks that's an awful reason to get a significant other.

Love yourself and you shall never need for another.

I'd rather get a guy who's confident in himself enough to enjoy his own company, then a guy who wants me as a girlfriend just to assuage his own loneliness.
Well, not neccesarily. First, pretty much often love is gained through spending time together rather than just strucking you like thunder.
Second, getting a girlfriend/boyfriend is somehow like getting a visa for travelling abroad: first time it's hard, second time it's much easier. That's because through a relationship, a person gets that kind of confidence you're talking about. First relationship is pretty much a thing of getting mature.

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

I know guys dread that whole "like you like a friend" thing, but sometimes it pays to be her friend and stick it out. In highschool, I kept my best guy friend at an arm's length for about a year - dating all kinds of losers in between - before I finally came around and actually considered dating the guy. I should have known all along; he was the only guy I'd ever really trusted - that should have been a huge green light. We're still together, and it's been ten years. Married, with child. So if she just wants to be friends, I would definately look around some more, but don't lose all hope. Sadly, girls can be immensely stupid about what's best for them, but some of them do eventually wise up.
Image Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Eeeh... My best friend is a great guy, funny and charming and all, but he's been canned by a lot of girls as "Too good friend to be a boyfriend" until he finally found a love of his life (and in the end it was actually her that toom the iniciative). Now I don't want to generalize, I think he had a really bad choice of crushes if you ask me - they weren't always good persons, but still it's a thing to dread from.

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

mcDuffies wrote:Eeeh... My best friend is a great guy, funny and charming and all, but he's been canned by a lot of girls as "Too good friend to be a boyfriend" until he finally found a love of his life (and in the end it was actually her that toom the iniciative). Now I don't want to generalize, I think he had a really bad choice of crushes if you ask me - they weren't always good persons, but still it's a thing to dread from.
You're right, too. Unfortunately, there's no formula for success. In the end, it all comes down to the individual girl.
Image Image

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

I really hate the fact that every girl I've been interested in has said I need to find a nice girl. Every nice girl I've ever met has been attached to the love of her life. I also hate the fact that I've effectively blown off every girl who has shown the smallest amount of interest in me because they weren't exactly right.

My point? Don't waste the chance you have, even if you screw it up. You will never get anywhere waiting for the perfect someone to ask you out. When and if it happens, grab her and don't let go. Don't wait for it and whatever you do, don't expect it. If you do, it will never happen.

If you wait too long you eventually get desperate. I've met a person like this. She is (or was) in a horrible relationship with a guy who openly cheats on her. She's 40 and this was her first relationship. She won't leave him because she "loves him." This is not a pretty thing. Do not be this person.

I can't tell you how to do it. I'm well on my way to becoming this person. I can only say that if you have a crush on her, make it count for something. Don't just let it go away because it will eventually. You will forget about her (maybe not completely) and there will be another girl who catches your eye. Once you start letting it go away it's really easy to let the next one slide too. And the next. And the next. The day you realize your mistake may be a day too late to do anything about it.

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

I married my best friend, and she was my first girlfriend too. Back when we were "just friends" and I was getting interested in her as something more, she knew it, but didn't want it to go any farther than where it was because we had so much fun as friends. And I found I could live with that too, cuz if anything, if I couldn't have her to love, I'd have her to hang out with. But I didn't give up, and I slowly wore her down to the point that she decided to go with it, and it turned out being a million times better than when we were just friends. So you never know. If you're persistent enough, and do all the right things, the "just friends" curse can be overcome.

It's all about just finding the right person. Sometimes you go through a lot of people, sometimes you get lucky and find it with the first one. I highly recommend finding someone that you KNOW has the same interests as you though. If anything, just get to know her. Don't go asking her out or anything like that. Getting to know her saves you the trouble of dating her, finding out you two don't work so well, and then have to break up.

Besides, if you're in high school right now, just wait 'til college. It's easier to find/start relationships then, 'least that's how I found it to be.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I've never been on a date, and I've never had a relationship of any sort.
The only person I've ever kissed was at a spin the bottle game in junior high. I never really cared about it before, but I just don't know anymore.
Image

Locked