Plea for Fanart/Guest Strips
Plea for Fanart/Guest Strips
I feel kind of bad asking for it, since I'm not really known and popular and all that, and I'm not sure what I'd get, but it would be greatly appreciated if maybe even just a few people made some fanart or a guest strip for us. We're trying to play catchup right now, and we're a month behind. Any little bit would help so much.
Thank you for putting up with all that.
Thank you for putting up with all that.
http://mehcomics.keenspace.com
Click it. Unless you don't want to. But remember, we're the only site out there with a monkey as a cartoonist.
Click it. Unless you don't want to. But remember, we're the only site out there with a monkey as a cartoonist.
- ShineDog
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 974
- Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am
- Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
- Contact:
id be more inclined to do some guest art for a comic... and i really dont mean to be cruel here, but for a comic that.... erm...... damnit
**sigh**
ITS ANOTHER REAL LIFE COPY.
at least in terms of art.
basically, i cant actually get past the damn looky likey artwork to see if you have jokes worth telling, since the instant i look at a page, i have an insane urge to shout NEARRRGGHGHHHH. NO! and close the window.
go read HNTRAC. seriously.
**sigh**
ITS ANOTHER REAL LIFE COPY.
at least in terms of art.
basically, i cant actually get past the damn looky likey artwork to see if you have jokes worth telling, since the instant i look at a page, i have an insane urge to shout NEARRRGGHGHHHH. NO! and close the window.
go read HNTRAC. seriously.
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.
- Cat42
- Emo
- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:21 am
- Location: "Working" on Transitions. (and Confabulation)
- Contact:
Behold the webcomic equivilent of a Hanzo sword...


Someday, someday I'll finish Confabulation. That day is not today, however.
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
- Chibiartstudios
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 978
- Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
- Location: Right behind you!
- Contact:
Replyer #1: Chill, take a ritalin. *Offers one of his own. Theyre like tic tacs to me anyways*
Replyer #2: Stop that! Don't make me smite you!
That asside a good point has been made. Your comic does come dangerously close to RL. The Pepsi can specifically comes to mind. And this is a shame because you clearly have some tallent. I'd realy like to see you use your skills on a more original work.
Also, use a little more variation in character design. It looks like you took a blank character body and changed hair, eyes, etc. Real people have different heights and body types.
Sorry, I hate to sound mean. But I'd rather have you know this now than figgure it out 500 comics from now. Your art looks decent. Better than most who have requested critiques here. But if your art looks like someone elses' that will overshadow everything no matter how good the art or writing may be.
Replyer #2: Stop that! Don't make me smite you!
That asside a good point has been made. Your comic does come dangerously close to RL. The Pepsi can specifically comes to mind. And this is a shame because you clearly have some tallent. I'd realy like to see you use your skills on a more original work.
Also, use a little more variation in character design. It looks like you took a blank character body and changed hair, eyes, etc. Real people have different heights and body types.
Sorry, I hate to sound mean. But I'd rather have you know this now than figgure it out 500 comics from now. Your art looks decent. Better than most who have requested critiques here. But if your art looks like someone elses' that will overshadow everything no matter how good the art or writing may be.
- Paul.Power
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 293
- Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:24 pm
- Location: Churchill College, Cambridge
- Contact:
Maybe I'm oversensitive to this sort of thing, but frequent spelling and punctuation errors really, really turn me off a comic, because for me when I see one (confusion of "your" and "you're" really incenses me, and you seem to do it all the time) it's like someone's pulled the emergency cord on my train of thought.
The flow of dialogue is very important to me when I read a comic, and when I come up against something like that, the characters all suddenly feel very wooden and unreal. It's compounded by a lack of body language from your characters. They don't move their arms or legs, they don't slump in despair or straighten in shock. For me, communication and expression are the key in turning a difficult-to-read comic into an easy-to-read one, and I personally feel that that's the key thing to comic creation.
The flow of dialogue is very important to me when I read a comic, and when I come up against something like that, the characters all suddenly feel very wooden and unreal. It's compounded by a lack of body language from your characters. They don't move their arms or legs, they don't slump in despair or straighten in shock. For me, communication and expression are the key in turning a difficult-to-read comic into an easy-to-read one, and I personally feel that that's the key thing to comic creation.
- Cat42
- Emo
- Posts: 2010
- Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 10:21 am
- Location: "Working" on Transitions. (and Confabulation)
- Contact:
I'm sad. He's desperate for guest comics, and he doesn't put mine up?
I did extensive research into the psychological backgrounds of the caraches of your comic, read your archive 5 times, and then painstakingly drew that comic for you. It took 35 hours man! of constant drawing, until I came up with something I could be proud of, and here, you snub me man.
You cut me deep, very very deep.
I did extensive research into the psychological backgrounds of the caraches of your comic, read your archive 5 times, and then painstakingly drew that comic for you. It took 35 hours man! of constant drawing, until I came up with something I could be proud of, and here, you snub me man.
You cut me deep, very very deep.
Someday, someday I'll finish Confabulation. That day is not today, however.
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
- Van Douchebag
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:25 pm
- Location: The Televizzle
- Contact:
AHHHHH!! My ears! They burn!!!! *flees*Van Douchebag wrote:Yeah - stop bashing him!
I'm the Officially Sanctioned Asshole around here!
Now, if you'll excuse me...
RABLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHATKINSDIET
*returns later*
Yeah, I'm gonna have to side with McDuffies and Van. A comment here or there is fine. I encourage it actually. But bashing him when he calls for help might be a little harsh. Instead, why not make a parady guest comic that not so subtly hints that it's an RL ripoff. Bash him in a funny way!
I'd do this myslef, but I'm a little busy myself..
>.>
<.<
*walks away*
I am The Poster Formerly Known as Crossfire. Or PFKAC. ...has a certain ring to it, no?
That one annoys me as well, and I'm afraid that it seems to become more and more prevalent every year. I suppose in another fifty the spelling will change officially..Paul.Power wrote:Maybe I'm oversensitive to this sort of thing, but frequent spelling and punctuation errors really, really turn me off a comic, because for me when I see one (confusion of "your" and "you're" really incenses me, and you seem to do it all the time) it's like someone's pulled the emergency cord on my train of thought.
- Chibiartstudios
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 978
- Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 pm
- Location: Right behind you!
- Contact:






