Let's have an Art Show!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1479
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by KathleenJ »

Cow! wrote:Well I like Pie. I also like Furries.

I dont think I like Furry Pie tho.

or.. maybe..
That just makes me think of the scene in Amelie when the porn store guy says "Fur pie doesn't sell" (at least that's what it was in the subtitle).
Soap Soaperson wrote:AW, HELL NAW! This person wins.
Holy crap, that's amazing! Here, that person, have a trophy.
Image

Esoterik
Regular Poster
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:15 pm

Post by Esoterik »

Turnsky wrote:y'know what?.. i'll just post my favorite pics..

http://www.deviantart.com/view/6953607/ (this one had a 300 meg psd file, too)

take your pick :P
I love this one. Great work on the lighting, too.

Black Tapestries absolutely rules.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Image
acrylic on canvas
"you are not awesome"
Image
print from solar plate
"you fool"
Image
india ink drawing (unfinished. I already gave the finished orignal away and forgot to scan it).
"something to do"
Image
acylic on canvas
"the lords of autumn"
Image

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Soap Soaperson wrote:
Esoterik wrote:
collapse wrote:Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?
Dude... lighten up, okay? People like what they like.
What Esoterik said. Furry-stuff is a style like any other one - manga, western, marvel...I could go on and on.

Come on, there's no need to be rude.
Ahh.. you're right, sorry.It's just that most of the furry stuff I've seen has been obviously sexually themed, and it really sort of disturbs me. I don't really mind the normal stuff, like in Turnsky's work or SuperSnob's (spectacular) pic.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

No need to apologise...I saw your little dig at furries as just another little dig...honestly, it surprised me how defensive people got about it...I found it quite funny.

They just need to shave more often, that's all...
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

Esoterik
Regular Poster
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:15 pm

Post by Esoterik »

Dutch! wrote:No need to apologise...I saw your little dig at furries as just another little dig...honestly, it surprised me how defensive people got about it...I found it quite funny.

They just need to shave more often, that's all...
Yeah, well, when your style of choice is repeatedly bashed as "sick" or "disturbed" by ignorant knuckleheads, you're apt to get defensive.

Fortunately there are people out there like Soap and Luprand who see the validity of anthropomorphic characters (outside sexually oriented stuff).

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Like Sonic the Hedgehog? Sonic the Hedgehog ROCKS!
Image

User avatar
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania
Contact:

Post by Turnsky »

collapse wrote: Ahh.. you're right, sorry.It's just that most of the furry stuff I've seen has been obviously sexually themed, and it really sort of disturbs me. I don't really mind the normal stuff, like in Turnsky's work or SuperSnob's (spectacular) pic.
actually, that's pretty tame compared to what i've seen..
each art trend has their darker side, so yeah, it's hard to see the more cleaner things, etc..

my advice is, given that there's sometimes a few good ones in it, keep away from VCL.. try having a look around in Yerf instead, or Jen Seng's site Toonapalooza
also
http://www.kyoht.com/
http://www.goldenwolfen.com
http://www.drakkolupen.com

somma the best i've seen.. and clean, as well.
Image
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

actually, that's pretty tame compared to what i've seen..
Yeah, but if I posted links to the hardcore stuff I'd just get in trouble.

Thanks, I'll add those to my ever growing list of comics I need to look into.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Soap Soaperson
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
Location: Florida

Post by Soap Soaperson »

Evil Jamie! wrote:Like Sonic the Hedgehog? Sonic the Hedgehog ROCKS!
'

YEAH!
Yay. | Yay Part II.

---

NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.

<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Shaded this page from Falcon Twin (Painter crashed on him and he lost the shaded version, so he posted the base-colors version). Definitely my best shading to date, though that's owing heavily to BMan's excellent artwork.

Image
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

<a href="http://www.deviantart.com/view/9048889/"> scantity of marriage</a>: done with Colored Pencil (funny how I draw hands except when I do my comic.)
<a href="http://www.deviantart.com/view/8371807/">Through the looking glass</a>: Done with Flatside Charcoal.
<a href="http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/7608486/">Take my pain away</a>: Also in Flatside Charcoal.

so there are some of my personal favorties of mine out of my DA site.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

The first of those won't load.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

not sure why... it loaded for me. try the smaller view: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/9048889/
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Ah, there we go. That one's cool.

It actually makes me think of LotR.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

yeah, mom asked me once if it was a protest to let Sam and Frodo Marry
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

Er, isn't it sanctity? Or am I missing a clever pun? I need more sleep.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

I might be wrong, but I think it's a pun on the word "scant".
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

Wp
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1335
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:08 am
Contact:

Post by Wp »

Luprand wrote:Er, isn't it sanctity? Or am I missing a clever pun? I need more sleep.

--Sij
I think it's protesting the fact that Bush is an over-conservative jackass who thinks gays are evil and don't deserve the rights of straight people .

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

Please, lets' not start up a political flamewar over one loser moron's idiot confusion over whether someone else was making a clever pun or not.

I did not mean to inflame anyone's liberal or conservative gland over this issue.

I was confused because the latest catchphrase of the day is Sanctity of Marriage, something I happen to believe in but do not bring up often because of the risk of getting my fuzzy butt flamed to a well-done crisp. Thus, at first I thought it was a misspelling, but CJ is a clever lady who is more than capable of making a pun like that, and it's a better wager to assume she came up with something cool like that.

PLEASE don't get up in arms over something I'd thought was a simple question.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

Locked