Let's have an Art Show!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Just because it says contest doesn't mean you have to aim to win to enter it...you can go in just to enjoy yourself...

You reckon the hundreds who join a marathon contest enter because they think they're good enough to win? I reckon most of 'em join cos it's more fun than staying home with the wife on a Saturday and being told to clean the yard...

Nah...contests can be fun as well...
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Warofwinds
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Beneath stormy skies
Contact:

Post by Warofwinds »

Here's a painting I did my senior year of HS, but it the digital cam was a piece 'o crap, so sorry about the blurriness:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/k/e/ ... 8.jpg.html

This was a self-portrait, again, piece 'o crap camera:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/k/e/ ... t.jpg.html

And this is a sculpture of one of my characters in his greyken form:
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/k/e/ ... y.jpg.html
....and I know you guys all love the top left part of this one. Don't deny it ;)


There's the whole gallery... but those ones are my favs.

-Kez
-Kez
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3479
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Under your skin
Contact:

Post by Stinkywigfiddle »

Dutch! wrote:
Nah...contests can be fun as well...
Like a pie eating contest.
ImageImage

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Okay...it's annoyed me long enough...what the hell is this big infatuation most people here seem to have with pies?
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Post by Cope »

Probably subliminal invocation of that infamous scene in "American Pie" :P
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3479
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Under your skin
Contact:

Post by Stinkywigfiddle »

I dunno. I don't like pie.

But when it comes to eating contests I immediately think of pie eating contests. And when I think of someone entering a contest that would be fun whether you win or loose, I think of a pie-eating contest.
ImageImage

User avatar
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania
Contact:

Post by Turnsky »

Image
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?

I like http://www.deviantart.com/view/3498990/ the best, the lighting and shadow is really awesome.
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania
Contact:

Post by Turnsky »

collapse wrote:Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?
i found them easier to draw.... getting better with humans, mind you.
collapse wrote: I like http://www.deviantart.com/view/3498990/ the best, the lighting and shadow is really awesome.
thanks :D
Image
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

Image

The possession of Red Ring Rico by Dark Falz. That hi-contrast look was a signature style of mine for a while.

- Joel Fagin
Image

Esoterik
Regular Poster
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:15 pm

Post by Esoterik »

collapse wrote:Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?
Dude... lighten up, okay? People like what they like.

User avatar
Collapse
Regular Poster
Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:52 pm

Post by Collapse »

Joel Fagin wrote: The possession of Red Ring Rico by Dark Falz. That hi-contrast look was a signature style of mine for a while.

- Joel Fagin
Sweet.

Oh, here's some other stuff I've colored:
Image
Everything on this page
Image
Image

Disclaimer: By responding to this post, you acknowledge the possibility that collapse may argue with you.

User avatar
Cow!
Regular Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:14 am
Location: The Great Land of Oz
Contact:

Post by Cow! »

Well I like Pie. I also like Furries.

I dont think I like Furry Pie tho.

or.. maybe..
Image
"Trying hard.. to take it easy"
Slack As
"Hold on to your Lunch Money!"
School Spirit

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

collapse wrote:Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?
If people only drew/wrote/sang about/painted what they found sexually appealing, this would be a sad world indeed, and probably populated entirely by whoever writes and draws for DC and Marvel. Vince Suzukawa of The Class Menagerie provides a good list of reasons in his FAQ page as far as why he chose to use anthropomorphic animals in his comic; some of them are also the reasons I draw them myself.

F'r'example, most of the time, people look at my drawings of people and see maybe a few quirked eyebrows or whatnot, leaving them with no idea what emotion I'm trying to show. Compare that with a picture of a dog with crestfallen ears and tucked tail ... you get the idea. Plus, fur coloration and species are wonderful crutches for someone like me, who can't individualize faces worth crap (a reason why my four roommates who look like me will probably not get into NeTrek).

I've gotta stop rambling, darnit.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
Soap Soaperson
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
Location: Florida

Post by Soap Soaperson »

Esoterik wrote:
collapse wrote:Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?
Dude... lighten up, okay? People like what they like.
What Esoterik said. Furry-stuff is a style like any other one - manga, western, marvel...I could go on and on.

Come on, there's no need to be rude.
Yay. | Yay Part II.

---

NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.

<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Well... I don't really do very much art these days. What time I have I waste reading other comics or drawing my own. What art does come out isn't all that much better than what I normally do - that is - Jhonen Vasquez-esque half-assed pencil sketches and doodles.

But here's a strip that I think turned out very well: complete with lots of shading and things!
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Axonite
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:06 pm
Location: NEPA
Contact:

Post by Axonite »

An "Art"

Random, not V3-related, and left-handed.

User avatar
Soap Soaperson
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1182
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
Location: Florida

Post by Soap Soaperson »

AW, HELL NAW! This person wins.
Yay. | Yay Part II.

---

NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.

<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Post by K-Dawg »

Esoterik wrote:
collapse wrote:Ahh! What the hell is it with furries? Why do people find half-human, half-animals sexually appealing?
Dude... lighten up, okay? People like what they like.
Oddly enough I keep forgetting I'm apparently a furry comic. :D
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
SuperSnob
Regular Poster
Posts: 160
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:33 pm
Location: SK, Canada
Contact:

Post by SuperSnob »

And that, frenz, is why I don't draw furries anymore.

Er...oh crud...does THIS count? --->

Image
Image
These Days - updates on Thursdays.

Locked