One game to rule them all ..... Sims-2-mania!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Asarea
Regular Poster
Posts: 718
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:53 pm
Location: Outta space
Contact:

One game to rule them all ..... Sims-2-mania!

Post by Asarea »

Anyone out there who loves this game too? *grin* I got it at the european release date (16th september) and I'm dedicated fan since then, playing in over 6 families different life styles and carreers. And as I discovered the BodyShop, the Maxis tool to create own clothing and genetic files, I'm even working with this ...

Did you get this game already? Do you like it? Let me know :) Sims 2 is my best drug today. :P (and the main reason I'm so lazy with the forums after finishing my work for university)
My DA-Gallery - some art stuff

User avatar
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1479
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by KathleenJ »

<geek>
I am so into it. I played the hell out of Sims 1 to the point where there was basically nothing left to do...and now Sims 2 has exceeded all my expectations and I love it all over again.

I'm actually working on using it to make "correct" standard floorplans of the houses and apartments in my comic, so I can use the screenshots for reference.

And of course, I made all the characters to go with it. So when the buildings are finished, I'll package the lots and have the whole house-character combo available to download.

Wanna see my sim characters, huh, huh?

Jenny
Denny
Teresa
Jamie
Kristan
Dylan
JP
Image

User avatar
PieceOfSkunk
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: DFW TX USA

Post by PieceOfSkunk »

I, too, have been drawn into the sinister web of The Sims 2. I made all my comic characters in it, as can be seen <a href="http://skunk.keenspace.com/gallery/scre ... l">here</a>. They're available for download at the Sim Exchange, just search for keyword "Batavious".

User avatar
Phalanx
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3737
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 am
Location: Superglued to the forum by Yeahduff
Contact:

Post by Phalanx »

I used to have a model Lanner Place (Headquarters for the characters in my comic) built in The Sims, complete with the characters running around in it.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of leaving them running in the background when I did something. By the time I came back, I found a few of the characters uh... dating the wrong people.

All that said, I'm not going near that game with a 10 foot pole this year. If I did I'd never get anything done!
Image
The Jaded - Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.
Lonely Panel - Explore. Travel. Comics.

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

kathleenJ wrote:<geek>
Eeh? As much as gaming has previously been the domain of geeks, that's changed recently. Many sports games, a FPS or two, and most of all The Sims have broken the barrier into the mainstream. Playing The Sims 2 is hardly a geek experience.
Personally, The Sims was the worst $40 US I ever spent, and I don't plan to get the second one. To all those that love it, go with what you love, but I'll say this : one indie punk cd does not make you a hardcore punk.

User avatar
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1479
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by KathleenJ »

Vorticus wrote:
kathleenJ wrote:<geek>
Playing The Sims 2 is hardly a geek experience.
Be that as it may, I'm fairly certain I'm justified in calling myself a geek for a variety of reasons...

You're right that Sims probably is by far the biggest game to reach an audience outside traditional gamer geeks. But I was calling myself a geek in this context not so much for just playing it, as for getting really deep into it to the point of making my own custom textures, etc.
Image

User avatar
Zhan_Dvega
Regular Poster
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:49 pm

Post by Zhan_Dvega »

kathleenJ wrote:I'm actually working on using it to make "correct" standard floorplans of the houses and apartments in my comic, so I can use the screenshots for reference.
Har, that's a damn good idea O_o
<a href="http://aiyaiyai.keenspace.com">Image</a>
Updates Sundaily

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Michelle isn't allowed to play. :cry: (She got frighteningly addicted to the Sims last year, and Maria cut her off.)
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
Cow!
Regular Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:14 am
Location: The Great Land of Oz
Contact:

Post by Cow! »

OMG I SO LOVED THE SIMS!!!ONE!!1

sorry.. sometimes n00bspeak is the only way to get the intent across. When I forst got the sims I made Dutch play it on his laptop cos my PC at the time did not play it well enough. I think we spent about 4 days straight in front of that screen.

Later when I got a slightly improved computer (I believe it came from Dutch's father actually.) I decided to give it a go miself. and my GOD did I get addicted. Talk about a time eater! sheesh! I spent more time on the computer with that than I dd with FFVII when it came out.

Strange as it may seem tho, I picked up the Sims2.. played it for about 30 minutes, and then never went back to it. It just did not seem to have the appeal that the original did to me. I can not explain why as most of what I saw seemed to be improvement.

Maybe I will try it again at some point. right after I finish these 40 or so PS2 games I have piled up waiting to be played.. and the 30 or so X-Box ones.. and of course then there is the GameCube assortment that I really would like to play just sitting there. Also, I never did get to play most of those 60 or so PSone games either..

woah.. I got a LOT of catching up to do..

*Puts FF X-2 into PS2 and hits start*
Image
"Trying hard.. to take it easy"
Slack As
"Hold on to your Lunch Money!"
School Spirit

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

meh... i need to spend my time studying. And looking for a new keyboard, apparently. Stupid shift key.
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I have never played the Sims. I think I would rather have a root canal performed by untrained monkeys, via my rectum.

Maybe not... that'd be bad. But I don't get the Sims experience. It seems frightfully dull. I'd feel the urge to slap my sims. All the time. And kill them and stuff.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Ron, the mad one
Regular Poster
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:28 am

Post by Ron, the mad one »

well, it IS easier to set them on fire this time, i.... uh someone checked.
Arshatpay Ahmjay, haiay Asclamtbay! raay myaay asclamtbay allpay abay.

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

rkolter wrote:I have never played the Sims. I think I would rather have a root canal performed by untrained monkeys, via my rectum.

Maybe not... that'd be bad. But I don't get the Sims experience. It seems frightfully dull. I'd feel the urge to slap my sims. All the time. And kill them and stuff.
I don't get the Sims either,

Have you tried the game Black and White? It has a creature you can abuse to your hearts content. Although I've met people who thought the object of the Sims was to see how creatively they could kill of their Sims.

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

i think I should finish putting my gaming computer together before I buy another game that will suck hours, days, weeks, months and maybe even years off my life.

Sims is way too addicting
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I have yet to install Sims 1.

User avatar
Evil Jamie!
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1408
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
Location: Tasmania

Post by Evil Jamie! »

Geez, what speed is your CD drive?
Image

User avatar
Cow!
Regular Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:14 am
Location: The Great Land of Oz
Contact:

Post by Cow! »

Vorticus wrote:
rkolter wrote:I have never played the Sims. I think I would rather have a root canal performed by untrained monkeys, via my rectum.

Maybe not... that'd be bad. But I don't get the Sims experience. It seems frightfully dull. I'd feel the urge to slap my sims. All the time. And kill them and stuff.
I don't get the Sims either,

Have you tried the game Black and White? It has a creature you can abuse to your hearts content. Although I've met people who thought the object of the Sims was to see how creatively they could kill of their Sims.
I somhow think DUNGEON MASTER (and its sequel) may be a better recommendation in this situation than Black or White. U can Slap your imps silly, and the goal is to KILL THE HEROES.. sweet..

The think I REALLY liked about the Sims was the fact that it was indeed a game for grown-ups that did not involve killing or guns or war or anything like most of the other games out there. It was so amazinly non-generic and refreshingly different that I got totally sucked in.

Did any of the other Sim-a-holics actually write mini stories using the Photo Album as they played? The one time I tried that was the most fun I ever had playing the game.
Image
"Trying hard.. to take it easy"
Slack As
"Hold on to your Lunch Money!"
School Spirit

User avatar
ShineDog
Regular Poster
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:56 am
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Post by ShineDog »

thats dungeon keeper for the record, dungeon master was something else entirely. (btw - if you liked dungeon keeper, try Evil Genius, ists almost the exact same game but your a blofeld style supervillain, and its possibly funnier than DK (the first game thats made me laugh through its option menu alone))

erm. im slowly working on keentown, and im working on Keenspace sims clothing (have done a few Alex and Ilia shirts for sims to wear - if you want a sims 2 t-shirt for your sims, just drop a note in the forum.

Image


first attempts btw, rest should improve.
Last edited by ShineDog on Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaw droppingly large strawberry desserts.

User avatar
Bekka
Regular Poster
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:52 am

Post by Bekka »

Hello, my name is Gianna and I'm a Sims 2 addict...

My favorite Sim is the old town lecher, especially when he suddenly developed a weird desire to bang the old nanny, that he actually disliked (all minuses in relationship). I tried to make him make conversation with her to see if things would work out, but she started insulting him.

Anyway it's a great game, and it's still full of surprises. Even sims with similar personalities and aspirations end up acting differently and uniquely.
-------------
Gianna
http://www.thenoobcomic.com

User avatar
Dalis
Regular Poster
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:50 pm
Contact:

Post by Dalis »

Argh, I never got into the first Sims, nor the Sims 2... ok that's a lie. I think it's a horriable game that... I can't stop playing. >.<;; It's very addicting and I love the idea that it's a great time waster... I have it run while I study, so everytime my sims finish sleeping (on normal speed) it's declared as break time from my studying... then I start playing again.

I've yet to play with the bodyshop, maybe I should though. I'm sort of curious about it now that you mention it. But yeah... Sims 2...

Bad game... but so good... :oops:
-Dalis

Image

Post Reply