Once again, it's Picture Time
He's too young to be my father.TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:
We all look up to Ghastly as the father we never had.
Wanna pay for my college?
Though I often think of him as the bitter ex-band-member-who-never-returned-my-goddamn-distortion-pedal-and-shielded-patchcords I never had.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.
- CJBurgandy
- Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
- Posts: 6538
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Too Old for this Shit
- Contact:
*feels ashamed and slinks off to the corner*
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
- Soap Soaperson
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1182
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
- Location: Florida
When we're all rich and famous from our comicing endeavors, we should set up some kind of pretentious comic institute.
Yay. | Yay Part II.
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
- Cow!
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:14 am
- Location: The Great Land of Oz
- Contact:
I will not mention any names as I did not ask permission to tell this story. I am going to tell it tho. cos its slightly relevant and i feel like posting.
I know this person. Lets call him.. ahh.. James. Yeah. James is a nice neutral every-man kind of name. Good. AHEM..
James is not good with the schooling stuff. Reading, writing, maths, etc. Not really things he cares for. James however was a gifted artist. So James was taken out of High School where they taught the "important" stuff and put into TAFE (thats.. sorta.. college for my Overseas Spacers) years before he should have been allowed to attend by normal standards. Here he did all sorts of different "arts" classes that had nothing really to do with conventional schooling.
How cool is it that a kids who can't count up to 11 without taking off his socks now has SEVERAL degrees in different aspects of education, even tho he never finished High School.
Meh. I like that story. Gives us lesser smart people a bit of hope.
Anyway.. Here in Oz we actually HAVE schools simillar to what you are talking about. Sort of. In a way. kinda.
...
what!?
I know this person. Lets call him.. ahh.. James. Yeah. James is a nice neutral every-man kind of name. Good. AHEM..
James is not good with the schooling stuff. Reading, writing, maths, etc. Not really things he cares for. James however was a gifted artist. So James was taken out of High School where they taught the "important" stuff and put into TAFE (thats.. sorta.. college for my Overseas Spacers) years before he should have been allowed to attend by normal standards. Here he did all sorts of different "arts" classes that had nothing really to do with conventional schooling.
How cool is it that a kids who can't count up to 11 without taking off his socks now has SEVERAL degrees in different aspects of education, even tho he never finished High School.
Meh. I like that story. Gives us lesser smart people a bit of hope.
Anyway.. Here in Oz we actually HAVE schools simillar to what you are talking about. Sort of. In a way. kinda.
...
what!?
- Cow!
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 69
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:14 am
- Location: The Great Land of Oz
- Contact:
He HAS a job thankyou! He does a Web-Comic! its a good one too!
Ok, so sure the pay is lousy.. but the hours are perfect for him and at least when he is say 137 years old or something he kan say to the great grand kiddies "This is what I did when I was a lad" and hand over some cool pocket PC os some desctiption where they can look on his comic and admire it and say "I want to be a web-comic artist too great grandpa Jimmy"..
I'd like to see an accountant try THAT trick.
Ok, so sure the pay is lousy.. but the hours are perfect for him and at least when he is say 137 years old or something he kan say to the great grand kiddies "This is what I did when I was a lad" and hand over some cool pocket PC os some desctiption where they can look on his comic and admire it and say "I want to be a web-comic artist too great grandpa Jimmy"..
I'd like to see an accountant try THAT trick.
It's not too late for pictures, is it?
People always give me funny looks when I show them this one:

This is me after converting a photo to comic form (complicated procedure I use for making my comic because I can't draw. I'll explain later if anyone cares) and then coloring it.

Another:

Edit: And because it's late and I can't sleep, the original photo (shrunken to save space) used for the previous image.

People always give me funny looks when I show them this one:

This is me after converting a photo to comic form (complicated procedure I use for making my comic because I can't draw. I'll explain later if anyone cares) and then coloring it.

Another:

Edit: And because it's late and I can't sleep, the original photo (shrunken to save space) used for the previous image.

- Kris X
- Forum Pocket Kitten
- Posts: 2728
- Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
- Location: Forum Pocket.
- Contact:
Hey, Kris decided to post here again.
Anyway, I always get the jeer, "Hey there Casper."
*Grumble* Funny people, Funny people! Let the comic make the jokes, don't quit your day job. I can see most of my veins and proud of it, let's me know I'm still alive.
Which brings me a bit off topic. If you say something funny, why do some people have to say, "Haha, she's like..." and then repeat your joke. Well duh, I just said it.
Anyway, I always get the jeer, "Hey there Casper."
*Grumble* Funny people, Funny people! Let the comic make the jokes, don't quit your day job. I can see most of my veins and proud of it, let's me know I'm still alive.
Which brings me a bit off topic. If you say something funny, why do some people have to say, "Haha, she's like..." and then repeat your joke. Well duh, I just said it.
- CJBurgandy
- Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
- Posts: 6538
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Too Old for this Shit
- Contact:
gotta love the chainsaw.TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:War, I love you.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
- LAGtheNoggin
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 2532
- Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: the sea side
- Contact:
Holy crap! I almost missed out on a photo thread, how can this be?! Damn my sudden college productivity drive! Damn it and my university prospects too!
So, uh, yes;

That would be me on the left, with a pint of Carlsburg, being molested by my dad for wearing a head band and for drinking Carlsburg. A pox on you old man, stop molesting, I am the height of fashion! The very height!
Actually that's a lie, I now sport designer stubble which elevates me even higher. Mmmm, designer.
Also;
So, uh, yes;

That would be me on the left, with a pint of Carlsburg, being molested by my dad for wearing a head band and for drinking Carlsburg. A pox on you old man, stop molesting, I am the height of fashion! The very height!
Actually that's a lie, I now sport designer stubble which elevates me even higher. Mmmm, designer.
Also;
Blimey! That's the exact same type of bench all London suburban train platforms use, to think people are vandalising the very same furniture I sit on, all the way on the other side of the world... Amazing.Evil Jamie! wrote:I was caugh off gaurd when I found this on my forum:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/ ... dtimes.jpg
So, you know, I totally wrote about my life at some point.









