Once again, it's Picture Time

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

I burn like a ... damn! I haven't been good at these similes lately. What's something that burns really well?
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Luprand
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1767
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:33 pm
Location: Cougar country
Contact:

Post by Luprand »

Tinder or dryer lint.

Another int'resting thought ... back in the Renaissance, etc., pale skin was attractive as a sign of the leisure class. If you had a tan, then you were one of those poor people who had to work outside in the blazing sun all day, unlike those rich people who could afford to stay inside while their underlings did the work.

It wasn't until the 40s, 50s, and 60s, when more people held inside office jobs, that a tan became a sign of the new leisure class, the ones who weren't cooped up in that stuffy old building all day.

So maybe this is yet another paradigm shift, where the attractive people are the ones with enough computer skills to keep themselves inside all the time.

--Sij
Torio - A cartoonist without a plot.
NeTrek and other low-quality scribbles.

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

Ghastly wrote:I have married a woman from India so the "Irish Curse" would be broken. I still have only two colours, pasty white and lobster red (which is soon followed by pasty white and freckled).

My children have the most wonderful tanned skin all year round.
They cheated though by coming out of a beautiful Indian Model. :lol:
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Ratbert
Regular Poster
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:22 pm
Location: vmbnslngslrjgoergm
Contact:

Post by Ratbert »

Ghastly wrote:
Ratbert wrote:
Ghastly wrote: My children have the most wonderful tanned skin all year round.
You have children!?
Do they ever see you draw your comic?

"Daddy! What's that thing doing to the nice lady?"
Yes, two children. Girl 7 and a boy 12. Neither one of them have seen the comic. They know daddy does a comic on the internet and that lots of people read it and that like movies and TV shows some comics are meant for everyone and some are only meant for grownups and daddy's comic is one of the ones only meant for grownups.

They've seen some non-hentai pictures of some of the characters like Chibi Sue and Nort and Peep.
If it helps, I look up to you like the father I never had, so does that make 3 kids?
Image

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Hmm...I'm with the underdog here, I guess...pasty white to me means 'get out and do something!'...

Mind you...it's only the beginning of Spring here, so whatever colour I had at the end of last summer is all but a memory, but there'll be yard duty this term, so there's time out in the sun...

I pity the pallid red head though...burn at the first sight of light...

Go outside...burn...open the fridge...burn...open the glovebox...burn...
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

personally I could careless what the skin tone of someone is. be it if it looks natural and healthy. for example, someone who forcefully bleaches thier skin, or has the deep rings under thier eyes from not getting enough vitamens is just as unattractive to me as someone who "oranges" themselves in heat lamp.

I'm not to picky in terms of tonality of the skin though. I guess really I'm not to in terms of apperance.. but nothing hawt like a mohawk!
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Deep rings are a vitamin defecency?


*takes some vitamins*
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

Yeah, skin tone and healthy fresh skin, and body is very much stemed from improper eating habbits and in lacking in vitamins. trust the vegan he's knows this stuff...

b-6 which helps blood flow can cause your face to be splotchy and deeper in color specially around the cheeks.

beta caratine also creates that "orangish skin tone" so if you don't have enough of that your might get some strange discolouration.

though as being a guy who has a zero fat in his diet, I tend to get rings due the lack of fat mass on my body. see skin around the eyes is actually the thinest skin on the whole body so if there is not faty substance you tend to get a redish tint due to not being much filler or mass around that area so the blood flow is more transparant. a lot of vegitiarians and vegan suffer from this as well as bags under the eyes. some more so than others.

b-12 the vitamin that enhanses the growth of red blood cells and the formation of nerves...

okay I'll be quiet now.. but yeah there are a lot of reasons for circles under the eyes deeper grey colors are usually a lack of oxide getting to areas of the skin. a good moisterizer with vitamin E or D usually can help wit that to.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Ratbert wrote:
Ghastly wrote:
Ratbert wrote: You have children!?
Do they ever see you draw your comic?

"Daddy! What's that thing doing to the nice lady?"
Yes, two children. Girl 7 and a boy 12. Neither one of them have seen the comic. They know daddy does a comic on the internet and that lots of people read it and that like movies and TV shows some comics are meant for everyone and some are only meant for grownups and daddy's comic is one of the ones only meant for grownups.

They've seen some non-hentai pictures of some of the characters like Chibi Sue and Nort and Peep.
If it helps, I look up to you like the father I never had, so does that make 3 kids?
We all look up to Ghastly as the father we never had.

Wanna pay for my college? :P
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Ratbert wrote:
Ghastly wrote: My children have the most wonderful tanned skin all year round.
You have children!?
Do they ever see you draw your comic?

"Daddy! What's that thing doing to the nice lady?"
Instead of the "Birds and the Bees" talk, you can tell them about tentacle monsters!
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Ratbert wrote: If it helps, I look up to you like the father I never had, so does that make 3 kids?
You can be his pale son he never had. :wink:

User avatar
BOMC
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:13 am
Location: with your mom

Post by BOMC »

where were all you pale-loving people when i was in high school? i had to defend my right to pale skin daily.... grumble grumble
-Grace (BOMC)

User avatar
Sam_Charette
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:58 pm
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Sam_Charette »

BOMC wrote:where were all you pale-loving people when i was in high school? i had to defend my right to pale skin daily.... grumble grumble
Well you have no worries now, at least. Seems as though you have a veritable army to defend your right for you :D

Though I do know how you feel. One of my friends often referred to me as a vampire for my complexion in highschool.

Not that my complexion is any different now. He just doesn't ever get the opportunity to say it any more! (I'll let you guess why... it's more fun that way)

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

I was in Alaska, waiting ever so calmly for you to reach a legal age.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
PieceOfSkunk
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1350
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:42 pm
Location: DFW TX USA

Post by PieceOfSkunk »

Like many of you, I am cursed with a deathly pallor. When people ask why I never tan, I just say I actually <i>am</i> tan, cuz normally I'm transparent.
Mercury_Hat wrote:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/M ... 0_0260.jpg

Fear my white white white legs! They never get any sun, poor things.
Even though it's clear that neither of us has any hindrance to successful breeding, I propose that we never breed with each other. Our kids would be so white they'd appear to be internally illuminated.

Of course, if you ever wanted to <i>practice</i> breeding, I'm up for anything.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

BOMC wrote:where were all you pale-loving people when i was in high school? i had to defend my right to pale skin daily.... grumble grumble
Hey! Where were you geek-loving people when I was in high school?

User avatar
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Comi-what now?
Contact:

Post by Pimpette »

DarkMagician wrote:I burn like a ... damn! I haven't been good at these similes lately. What's something that burns really well?
Me!
Yeah, I'm one of those fearing-the-natural-light pale people. If I go outside in bright sunlight wearing shorts, I blind people! :D
PieceofSkunk wrote: Like many of you, I am cursed with a deathly pallor. When people ask why I never tan, I just say I actually am tan, cuz normally I'm transparent.
Hey neat, you're like my older brother.
Image

User avatar
CapitanG
Regular Poster
Posts: 410
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:32 pm
Location: My mountain hideout
Contact:

Post by CapitanG »

GRAR! I SHALL SUMMON A DEMON OF MODERATE DISCOMFORT SO AS TO DIVERT THIS THREAD AWAY FROM THE "SUNBATHING" TOPIC!

Image
Gnomes! --Still being updated!
Talent Optional -- Surreality TV--Both on Hiatus

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Just remember...I hear you're supposed to drink the chicken blood, not spill it...
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1981
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:35 am
Location: Finland, Finland, Finland
Contact:

Post by Prettydragoon »

I find an even skin colour the most attractive. It doesn't matter so much whether it's tanned or pale. Tan lines look rather silly to me.

My skin burns easily so my getting a tan would require a lot of carefully timed effort. Much easier to just keep my clothes on.
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!

Post Reply