Once again, it's Picture Time

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Why oh why do you girls always think that we guys are after toothpick-figure supermodel-like girls. We actually like some meat on those bones too. 95% of perfectly good-looking girls think that they're too fat, or that they have too wide hips, or anything else that they make up.

In other words, those are perfectly ok legs with me, Ly.

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

mcDuffies wrote:95% of perfectly good-looking girls think that they're too fat, or that they have too wide hips, or anything else that they make up.
I always seem to end up quoting this in these threads. Ah, well.

"'Sexy' is precisely defined by numbers and measurements laid out by Hollywood, by the fashion industry and by advertisers. Beauty is an image of the person within and is most often seen in the face."

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Seriocity
Regular Poster
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:40 pm

Post by Seriocity »

Yeah... agree with Joel Fagin.

I'm not posting another picture up... the latest one I did was embarassingly me posing in underwear (no joke).
Would you stay for These Days?

http://ntnation.keenspace.com

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

Ly wrote:*giggles* Glad you like 'em! I'm not really pale by choice either... i burn then go back to white. There's no 'tan'
I can't burn either. I can spend 20 minutes a day, every day for 30 days in a tanning booth and still come out Vampiric White... All I want is to be at least a normal shade of Pale... I'm like almost see through.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Post by Phact0rri »

could be worse... you could be pink. I can't tan either... I've been on hiking trips for weeks in the blazing sun and still say that same annoying pale pink colour.

OH SUPREME DEITY WHY HATH THOU FORESAKEN ME?
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Friend
Regular Poster
Posts: 375
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 4:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia
Contact:

Post by Friend »

Just because nobody's said it and yes, there IS a spiteful bone in my body:

I tan so well. I very rarely sunburn, I just get sexier and sexier.
Except, as a nerd, I fear the sun. If only CRTs pumped out UV, then, whoa.

That said, I don't like tanned skin. I dunno, maybe I've got a disorder or something but pale skin is super-duper attractive in my books.

User avatar
Cow!
Regular Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:14 am
Location: The Great Land of Oz
Contact:

Post by Cow! »

WHile we are talking pure visual here, I agree with Trinket about the skin. A heavy tan does nothing at all for me other than make me worry a little about the person getting cancer.

Now a nice pale skin, especially if there are freckles...

...

yeah. Pale skin and freckles is mondo attractive.
imo, of course.
Image
"Trying hard.. to take it easy"
Slack As
"Hold on to your Lunch Money!"
School Spirit

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

Tanned skin is overrated. All it means is that you'll be really wrinkly when you're older. Give me pale as a ghost any day.

User avatar
Ratbert
Regular Poster
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:22 pm
Location: vmbnslngslrjgoergm
Contact:

Post by Ratbert »

My skin is usually a shade of green or blue, is that weird?
Image

User avatar
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Post by JPSloan »

I, for one, dislike tans. Give me the alabaster skin any day!
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

User avatar
Zhan_Dvega
Regular Poster
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:49 pm

Post by Zhan_Dvega »

Sickly pale is extremely sexy.
<a href="http://aiyaiyai.keenspace.com">Image</a>
Updates Sundaily

User avatar
William G
Regular Poster
Posts: 528
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:37 pm

Post by William G »

Social theorists have suggested that pale skin tends to be considered attractive because it makes it easier for us to spot ill health that may be a hinderence towards successful breeding.

Wasnt that interesting and educational?

User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ghastly »

I have married a woman from India so the "Irish Curse" would be broken. I still have only two colours, pasty white and lobster red (which is soon followed by pasty white and freckled).

My children have the most wonderful tanned skin all year round.

User avatar
Alaina
Regular Poster
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Portland until California
Contact:

Post by Alaina »

trinket90 wrote:Just because nobody's said it and yes, there IS a spiteful bone in my body:

I tan so well. I very rarely sunburn, I just get sexier and sexier.
Except, as a nerd, I fear the sun. If only CRTs pumped out UV, then, whoa.

That said, I don't like tanned skin. I dunno, maybe I've got a disorder or something but pale skin is super-duper attractive in my books.
Me too. I never burn anymore and if I spend even an hour in the sun I tan. But I hate being golden. I'd much rather be pasty and pale.

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/M ... 0_0260.jpg

Fear my white white white legs! They never get any sun, poor things.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

I like pale girls too. Naturally dark tan is ok, but when a girl is obviously trying to get a tan, it puts me off. I specially hate to see a tanned girl in the middle of winter (solarium etc).

User avatar
Ratbert
Regular Poster
Posts: 697
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:22 pm
Location: vmbnslngslrjgoergm
Contact:

Post by Ratbert »

Ghastly wrote: My children have the most wonderful tanned skin all year round.
You have children!?
Do they ever see you draw your comic?

"Daddy! What's that thing doing to the nice lady?"
Image

User avatar
Sam_Charette
Regular Poster
Posts: 861
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:58 pm
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Sam_Charette »

I know it's been said already, and by people far more active here than I, but wow... All of you women are hot!

I wonder if it's a "web comic woman" thing, or if we're just extroadinarily lucky here at Keenspace :lol:

*throws his hat in for the no-tanned club, both as a member and as a fan*

User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ghastly »

Ratbert wrote:
Ghastly wrote: My children have the most wonderful tanned skin all year round.
You have children!?
Do they ever see you draw your comic?

"Daddy! What's that thing doing to the nice lady?"
Yes, two children. Girl 7 and a boy 12. Neither one of them have seen the comic. They know daddy does a comic on the internet and that lots of people read it and that like movies and TV shows some comics are meant for everyone and some are only meant for grownups and daddy's comic is one of the ones only meant for grownups.

They've seen some non-hentai pictures of some of the characters like Chibi Sue and Nort and Peep.

User avatar
Ida
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1042
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:41 am
Location: AWOL
Contact:

Post by Ida »

I'll just second trinket here and say that I tan extremely well. Not as well as my mother, but still, pretty damn well. And asapparently the only person here on keenspace, I do find tans pretty attractive, as long as they're not ridiculously overdone and/or appear in the middle of winter. The sight of a solarium-tanned woman among almost-but-not-completely albino danes in winter is enough to make babies cry. :(
Warning: This poster regularly makes unintentionally sexual posts. Or at least "unintentional" is what she claims...

Image

Post Reply