Plug your comic in Berkeley!

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Taiwanimation
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Plug your comic in Berkeley!

Post by Taiwanimation »

Student Art Publishing, the comics club I started last year, is now in its 2nd year and we're ready to go for Issue #4!

For those who'd rather plug in print, Issue 4 is scheduled for a 7,000 copy print run, grayscale, distribution on October 7th. I can work out ad sizes for any budget, so ask away!
Image

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Hmmmmmmm... mind doing a favour for a fellow Berkeleyan?

?~AOD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Taiwanimation
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Post by Taiwanimation »

Hmm, help us distro it around town, and we'll give you a free ad, dimensions 3.75"x1.25" or 3.75"x2.5" depending on space. 1050x375 / 1050x750 grayscale graphics file.
Image

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Taiwanimation wrote:Hmm, help us distro it around town, and we'll give you a free ad, dimensions 3.75"x1.25" or 3.75"x2.5" depending on space. 1050x375 / 1050x750 grayscale graphics file.
Can I get a free ad if I distro around San Jose? :P

BTW, is Student Art Publishing sold at UC campuses only?
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Taiwanimation
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Post by Taiwanimation »

Sure, that sounds like a good plan.

Also, it's not sold, it's free and supported by the ad revenue, plus some other sources. 95% of distribution is around UC Berkeley, but we are trying to expand it elsewhere.
Image

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Do I get a fancy sounding title? Preferrably something like "Editor of San Jose Affiliate".
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
AndrewTaylor
Regular Poster
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 5:46 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Post by AndrewTaylor »

How much space will I get for a shiny British penny?

(Or, at a stretch, a grubby British tuppence?)

User avatar
Dr.Otto
Regular Poster
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Avril Ravine
Contact:

Post by Dr.Otto »

---Contact me (andrah@hotmail.com) regarding rates, if you would.
CMorrison
The Polymer City Chronicles
"Languishing in Obscurity since 2000."
http://www.polymercitychronicles.com

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Taiwanimation wrote:Hmm, help us distro it around town, and we'll give you a free ad, dimensions 3.75"x1.25" or 3.75"x2.5" depending on space. 1050x375 / 1050x750 grayscale graphics file.
Okay, sure. Just tell me the info I need to know ( where you guys ARE, when to get the goods, etc.) and I'll distribute it if I can.

@~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Pockybot
Regular Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Contact:

Post by Pockybot »

whoah, cool to see other bay area peeps...yeah Telegraph Ave rocks.

User avatar
Kensou X
Regular Poster
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: San Francisco (Monterey atm), CA
Contact:

Post by Kensou X »

*strokes ghoati in thought*

hmm....distro eh? I'm sure I could do that easily here at my school. And a free ad? Now you're speaking my language.
The Fan: Action, Drama, Suspence...All at a comfortable room temperature. Yeah, it's still there. I'm as shocked as you are.

Image

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.

User avatar
Zph719s
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:50 am
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Whoa

Post by Zph719s »

What are your rates for starving college students?

User avatar
Taiwanimation
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Post by Taiwanimation »

They're half that of normal rates, we've got some cheap deals such as $12 for a 3.75"x1.25" or 25 for a 3.75"x2.5". Ad buyers also get 10 issues mailed free of charge.
Image

User avatar
Dr.Otto
Regular Poster
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Avril Ravine
Contact:

Post by Dr.Otto »

---What's the biggest ad space/rate you've got?
CMorrison
The Polymer City Chronicles
"Languishing in Obscurity since 2000."
http://www.polymercitychronicles.com

User avatar
Taiwanimation
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Post by Taiwanimation »

Full page for $175. Of course you could always go for a two-page spread.
Image

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

When's the deadline? Feel free to e-mail me at jtyburke[at]stanford[dot]edu, I don't come here as often as I should...
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Taiwanimation wrote:Full page for $175. Of course you could always go for a two-page spread.
In full colour.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Seriocity
Regular Poster
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:40 pm

Post by Seriocity »

If I see that word "Berkeley" again, I will shoot myself until I'm a bloody bloody pulp at max and at the least, dead.

Let's just say I didn't have a 100% cool experience there last week and leave it at that.
Would you stay for These Days?

http://ntnation.keenspace.com

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

UCB is out of the running then?
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Taiwanimation
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Post by Taiwanimation »

Bums? Fratboys? I just try to ignore them. Or were you referring to the blackout on southside?
Image

Post Reply