D you remember your first fans

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ghastly »

JPSloan wrote: And just think... I'm currently experiencing a surge in traffic from Ghastly's Wild Ride.
Indeedily do.

Started the ad campaign ranked 193rd, currently ranked 75th.

Oh, incidently, Toxic. I miscalculated your previous rank. You were ranked 512th not 812th (I wrote down page 8 #12 which would put you at 512 in rank, but for some reason I read it as 812 when I first reported your stats) when you started your ad period. Don't worry though, you still have the record for the biggest jump. You're currently ranked 136th meaning you've jumped 376 ranks since starting your advertisement. Beating by a longshot the previous jump records of 132 ranks shared by Zeera the Pirate, Vlad Damien, and Hejhox. With 5 days left it looks like JP would have beat that jump record too if not for Toxic's mighty leap.

User avatar
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Post by JPSloan »

And another happy thing is that my porn page and my fanart page are now my highest exit pages... which hopefully means that those browsing through are also browsing through my contributors as well.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ghastly »

Yes, the spinoffs from a turn on Ghastly's Wild Ride are many and varied.

It's like your comic gets a "The first three rows may get wet" splash zone.

User avatar
ZorroandEster
Regular Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:18 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by ZorroandEster »

My first fan... -Stares blankly at screen-

Fan... Hmm... I don't understand. People are supposed to READ my comic? -Puts on his pity face-

Will someone be my fan? I will give them a big hug and perhaps even bake them some cookies!

You know you like cookies!
Image
Image

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Ghastly wrote:Yes, the spinoffs from a turn on Ghastly's Wild Ride are many and varied.

It's like your comic gets a "The first three rows may get wet" splash zone.
I'm surprised how much fan mail I've been getting from female readers who saw my ad on Ghastly. Who said only horny males read GGC?

*Shocking thought* What if I'm turning into th webcomic Liberace?!?!
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Post by RPin »

I still have on my HD the first feedback from a reader I ever got (I saved every other I got before that too). I got it on the very month my comic started, which was pretty awesome.

I think I'm really lucky on this department, come to think of it. From the encouragement letters, cool gift arts and significant amount of people linking me, you guys are way too good. I don't deserve it :cry:

User avatar
Apatheticus
Regular Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:29 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Contact:

Post by Apatheticus »

I've still got my first letter from a reader too. It's nothing exciting, just a "Hey, your comic is funny" kind of thing, but it's like a store keeping the first dollar they make. It's cool to have it.
Image
Your sister reads it. And Likes it. Hard.

User avatar
Seriocity
Regular Poster
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:40 pm

Post by Seriocity »

I was my first fan and my last. Beat that! 8)
Would you stay for These Days?

http://ntnation.keenspace.com

User avatar
Apatheticus
Regular Poster
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:29 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Contact:

Post by Apatheticus »

*beats it savagely with a lit tiki torch*
Image
Your sister reads it. And Likes it. Hard.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

JPSloan wrote:And another happy thing is that my porn page and my fanart page are now my highest exit pages... which hopefully means that those browsing through are also browsing through my contributors as well.
Or that people come for porn, get it and go away.
I just love miserabling people
My first fan... -Stares blankly at screen-

Fan... Hmm... I don't understand. People are supposed to READ my comic? -Puts on his pity face-

Will someone be my fan? I will give them a big hug and perhaps even bake them some cookies!

You know you like cookies!
Don't worry. From your comic, I can tell than getting some fans is a matter of time.
I think I'm really lucky on this department, come to think of it. From the encouragement letters, cool gift arts and significant amount of people linking me, you guys are way too good. I don't deserve it
Then give it back. :P


Funny enough, I don't remeber my first fan mail. I think it was some disguised plug, which might be why I didn't remember it. Anyway, the ones I got later ment much more, consiodering who sent them.

Justinpie
Regular Poster
Posts: 938
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: HELLO.

Post by Justinpie »

My first fan was this worker at a Burger King who saw me drawing some comics before they were even put online and he was all "yous all doodlin? Sheeeeeeeit."

THE END

User avatar
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1406
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Germantown, MD
Contact:

Post by JPSloan »

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote: *Shocking thought* What if I'm turning into the webcomic Liberace?!?!
Pray that Bob doesn't read that.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

Or that he does, depending!
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Strangely enough, I got several comments of people who were working in fast food restaurant who said that I really captured the essence of working there or something like that. Some even assumed that I was myself working in one. I think everyone who ready mcDuffies knows why this is funny.

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Ghastly wrote:
MariaAndMichelle wrote:Can't remember the first person to link to us, though...

That would be me.

Oh wait! You said link... I thought you said spank.

Nevermind...
:lol: We love you, Ghastly... :lol:
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

Oh...by first fan you mean the first person to actually link to your site...hmm...bugger...don't think I've got one of them yet...at least...if I do, they've managed to keep it quiet...

Do have two replies in the forum though...but two replies do not a forum make :)
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
The Zebu
Regular Poster
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:53 pm
Location: America, Baby!
Contact:

Post by The Zebu »

I've gotten "fans" from my animation, but not on my webcomic.... mostly because I haven't released it yet ^_^;

User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ghastly »

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote: I'm surprised how much fan mail I've been getting from female readers who saw my ad on Ghastly. Who said only horny males read GGC?
Believe me, nobody was more shocked to discover my comic has such a huge female fanbase as I was.

It certainly put an end to the myths in my mind at least that girls don't like naughty jokes, hentai, or tentacled beasties.

One of the fringe benefits of doing a comic like mine is I get a whole lot of e-mail from female readers who tell me not only that they like hentai and tentacled beasties but who will then tell me in great detail their own personal sexual fantasies involving being roughly taken by tentacled monsters.

User avatar
Ghastly
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5154
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Ghastly »

MariaAndMichelle wrote: :lol: We love you, Ghastly... :lol:
And Uncle Ghastly loves you two too. 8)

Now hop up on my lap and let's play the "Happy Fun Tickle Game"!

User avatar
AndrewTaylor
Regular Poster
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 5:46 am
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Post by AndrewTaylor »

Ghastly wrote:One of the fringe benefits of doing a comic like mine is I get a whole lot of e-mail from female readers who tell me not only that they like hentai and tentacled beasties but who will then tell me in great detail their own personal sexual fantasies involving being roughly taken by tentacled monsters.
I have to start a webcomic about girls being roughly taken by mild-mannered science students. That seems like the only responsible course of action open to me.
Andrew | If you are not 100% Irony-compliant, please disregard the above post.

Apathy: Join The Self-Deprecation Society

Post Reply