Cower, for the End is Nigh

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)
Toawa
Cartoon Hero

Cower, for the End is Nigh

Post by Toawa »

Spy Kids III was a warning shot. The Battlefield Earth animation project was (thankfully) canceled. But now, the signs are unmistakable.

I have just seen, on TV, an advertisement. For a sequal. To Baby Genius.

For those of you fortunate enough to have never heard of this particular piece of tripe, it was a movie based on the idea that all babies are, in fact, incredibly smart, know the secret of life, and forget everything the moment the utter one word. The movie followed a baby, and his father, who is obsessed with trying to "decode" the babbling and cooing to leard the answers to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

It was incredibly formulaic, the jokes were tired and overused (and in some cases disgusting; maybe it's just me, but constantly using the same scat joke over and over just bugs me.), and it is the one movie that has ever come close to me walking out of halfway through. (I didn't, but only because I'm one of the ones that once I've paid money, I'm getting my movie, damnit!).

Naturally, it had to get a sequal. Why do I fool myself into thinking these movies won't?

It's no Manos, Hands of Fate, but it has to be on the Worst Movies List somewhere.

CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Post by CJBurgandy »

I saw it's poster in the theater a few weeks ago. I can't figure out why you'd make a sequal to a flopped movie... I mean I understand the straight to video kind of sequal, but releaseing it to the theaters?

actually you know hell has frozen over when you see a preview for Gigli 2: still the same ol' Gigli from the block
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

Toawa
Cartoon Hero

Post by Toawa »

cjburgandy wrote:I saw it's poster in the theater a few weeks ago. I can't figure out why you'd make a sequal to a flopped movie... I mean I understand the straight to video kind of sequal, but releaseing it to the theaters?

actually you know hell has frozen over when you see a preview for Gigli 2: still the same ol' Gigli from the block
::was fortunate enough to miss that one::

CJBurgandy

Post by CJBurgandy »

i made it up....

BTW, like my new, Ghastly Inspired, Avatar?

*derails thread*

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

Squidflakes
Cartoon Villain

Post by Squidflakes »

The octopus sure looks happy, and the dog looks exausted... I guess it was some good good tentacle

Happypeepeehead
Regular Poster

Post by Happypeepeehead »

Just noticed it now and was wondering how long that avatar was there. Love the juxtaposition.

I've only seen the commercials because I've watched more TV in three days than I have the time before friday and march. I'm sharing a hotel room with my fiance and her mother (NO, YOU SICK FUCKS, NO!) and after the fourth showing of that commercial I became a bit agitated when they began discussing finding the first movie to watch so they could decide if they want to watch this one...

"Can a rubber get some water?"

I would think to use KY or some other lube for my rubbers.

Squidflakes
Cartoon Villain

Post by Squidflakes »

happypeepeehead wrote: I'm sharing a hotel room with my fiance and her mother (NO, YOU SICK FUCKS, NO!)
I would think to use KY or some other lube for my rubbers.
Uh huh.

Toawa
Cartoon Hero

Post by Toawa »

I know you made it up...

As for the avatar, well done. I can say, without reservation, that it's in my Top 2 Favorite CJ avatars. (the other being the one with the angel and devil on your shoulders...) Precisely which is in the top spot, I don't know. It's probably a tie.

CJBurgandy

Post by CJBurgandy »

my favorite might still be the "spamate" vibrator one. It's so cute. I just get bored looking at the same thing all the time.

Goddessmisca
Cartoon Hero

Post by Goddessmisca »

OHMYGOD THATS FREAKEN GREAT.
"You know those things called "gamer girls" yes we exist, and I am one of them. If you could kindly stop worrying about your erection and pick up that controller so I can whip your ass I'd appreciate it."
naked pictures of Misca are going to be the new world currency when the tentacles take over. ~Squiddy
*suddenly wants a miscashake* ;) ~aeridus

RantinAn
Cartoon Hero

Post by RantinAn »

poor corky, he looks shagged out.
Wonderful avatar