SF Bay Area Get-Together-Cooky-Outy-Thingie-Event

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Hmm... the 26th? That's a thursday, right? That's a school night for me. Is the 27th possible?
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Pockybot
Regular Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Contact:

Post by Pockybot »

[AOD] wrote:Okeydokey... how's August 26th, Union Square sound to everyone? Okay?

?~AoD
Thats around the time all the webcomic people are flocking to Penny Arcade Expo...isnt everyone going? ;)

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

Christ, I leave for one lousy month and stop updating and suddenly Cory's joined the forums and San Fransisco people are getting together on August 26th!

Count me in. Wheeee!
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Pockybot
Regular Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Contact:

Post by Pockybot »

Wait wait wait...how bout just have the meeting at the Japan Town Anime Faire Sept 11 or Sept 12th in San Francisco?

My time is going to be very very divided tho. I wanted to go to the Penny Arcade expo...but its the same time as this Vega sAnime con I might be invited to as a guest...then the same weekend as JTAF there will be Sacramento's first ever anime con. So mmm, a lot going on;)

And DevoBot, so sorry ya missed PockyBot at Fanime! We wish we could have stayed thru Sunday. I was happy we were able to get GhostBat and Captain Meana (two other characters in PockyBot/actual people) They shall be returning to the strip soon.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

DEVO-Bot wrote:Christ, I leave for one lousy month and stop updating and suddenly Cory's joined the forums and San Fransisco people are getting together on August 26th!

Count me in. Wheeee!
Hurray! Devo's in! Did I mention I finally started ZH?

And the idea just at Japantown Anime Fair? Nah. Enough weirdos already.


Lemme round up the guest list so far:

Toxic (me)
Kensou
Dehn (I guess?)
AOD
Pockybot
Seriocity (I think I convinced her)
Taiwanimation
Chill Clan (Possible)
Alaina (Possible)
Nightgaunt (I guess?)
KittyKatBlack (Please come!!!)
Melody (Possible)
Devobot
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Yes, the 27th works for me too. I'm free most of summer, except through the beginning of August for two weeks.

And Sept wouldn't work for me - school starts on the 1st!

@~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

The 29th would also be good (that's a sunday), but the 27th works best in my opinion.


Frontrunners:

Date: August 27th
Place: Union Square
Time: ???
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Nightgaunt
Regular Poster
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Post by Nightgaunt »

The 27th is actually one of the few days that works really well for me.
http://ruetheday.keenspace.com Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners.

User avatar
Alaina
Regular Poster
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Portland until California
Contact:

Post by Alaina »

Bah, better scratch me off. I'll be in Oregon for college orientation by then.

User avatar
Kensou X
Regular Poster
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: San Francisco (Monterey atm), CA
Contact:

Post by Kensou X »

College shmollege!! Come hang with us: the cool people! :)
The Fan: Action, Drama, Suspence...All at a comfortable room temperature. Yeah, it's still there. I'm as shocked as you are.

Image

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.

User avatar
Alaina
Regular Poster
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Portland until California
Contact:

Post by Alaina »

Eh, I dunno Kensou X, my college is rumored to have a large percentage of nudists.

Hm, meeting cool people or seeing cool people nude...hm, hur, hard decision.

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

Just remember, most people do not look good naked.

And yay! I might get to meet Seriocity! *runs off to hatch evil plan*
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Pockybot
Regular Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Contact:

Post by Pockybot »

DEVO-Bot wrote:Just remember, most people do not look good naked.

And yay! I might get to meet Seriocity! *runs off to hatch evil plan*
hey, nakie is good...as long as noone sees it;) Btw Tynan, youve been missed on the PB forums^___^

User avatar
Seriocity
Regular Poster
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:40 pm

Post by Seriocity »

27th? I'll have to do it in the evening - I've got classes in City College. 28th or 29th work much better for me, really, but whatever. Just AIM or e-mail me anything about it, yeah?

Oh, and I'm bring my camera along... mwahahahahaaha!!!!!!
Would you stay for These Days?

http://ntnation.keenspace.com

User avatar
Feru
Regular Poster
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:46 pm
Location: Right behind you...
Contact:

Post by Feru »

Gah, see what I miss when I leave? Anyway, I think my travels might work out so I'm actually in the area around the right time for this meet-up thing. If so, I think I might stop by as long as no one minds. It'd be interesting to actually meet some of the people from the chat.

Ja,
Feru =^_^=
Yes, I am Feru and I am a lurker, I lurk with all the mighty powers of n00b! Now leave me alone...
Image
Image

User avatar
Kensou X
Regular Poster
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: San Francisco (Monterey atm), CA
Contact:

Post by Kensou X »

Kurai_Seishin wrote:Gah, see what I miss when I leave? Anyway, I think my travels might work out so I'm actually in the area around the right time for this meet-up thing. If so, I think I might stop by as long as no one minds. It'd be interesting to actually meet some of the people from the chat.

Ja,
Feru =^_^=
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Yayyyyyyy!!! :P
The Fan: Action, Drama, Suspence...All at a comfortable room temperature. Yeah, it's still there. I'm as shocked as you are.

Image

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Do we have confirmation on August 27th, late afternoon, Union Square?
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Yes, I think we do. Everyone else?

?~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
DEVO-Bot
Regular Poster
Posts: 873
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 1:41 pm
Location: College, CA
Contact:

Post by DEVO-Bot »

Sounds lovely!
<KensouX> DEVO-Bot spouts out the mad phrases, tweekin' your brain harder than 35 cocaine cases.
Image

Now Alive Again

User avatar
Kensou X
Regular Poster
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: San Francisco (Monterey atm), CA
Contact:

Post by Kensou X »

I...err...umm..... *looks at word-a-day calender* concur! :D
The Fan: Action, Drama, Suspence...All at a comfortable room temperature. Yeah, it's still there. I'm as shocked as you are.

Image

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.

Post Reply