SF Bay Area Get-Together-Cooky-Outy-Thingie-Event

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Taiwanimation
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Post by Taiwanimation »

Late August (after the 15th) sounds good to me. Before that I'm still home in NJ on summer break.

Unfortunately July 10th is when I go on a family trip to Taiwan, otherwise I could attend both the East and West coast events!
Image

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Late august seems fine, but after the 23rd, because by then I'll have come home from my vacation overseas.

~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Pockybot
Regular Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Contact:

Post by Pockybot »

What about at the Japan Town Anime faire in mid September?

User avatar
Kensou X
Regular Poster
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: San Francisco (Monterey atm), CA
Contact:

Post by Kensou X »

Heh, I'm thinking with a collection of Keenspacers already getting together, there'll be enough freaks as it is.

GG Park would probably be best. There are a lot of nice places in there. At least that's my opinion. Or we could just over take some McDonald's playplace somewhere.
The Fan: Action, Drama, Suspence...All at a comfortable room temperature. Yeah, it's still there. I'm as shocked as you are.

Image

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.

User avatar
Kensou X
Regular Poster
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: San Francisco (Monterey atm), CA
Contact:

Post by Kensou X »

Heff has a comic?
The Fan: Action, Drama, Suspence...All at a comfortable room temperature. Yeah, it's still there. I'm as shocked as you are.

Image

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Yes, but GG park is BIG! Where should we meet? On the grounds in front of the conservatory of flowers? Somewhere in front of the old Natural History Museum?

"Location, location, location", as the real-estate people say.

?~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Pockybot
Regular Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Contact:

Post by Pockybot »

[AOD] wrote:Yes, but GG park is BIG! Where should we meet? On the grounds in front of the conservatory of flowers? Somewhere in front of the old Natural History Museum?

"Location, location, location", as the real-estate people say.

?~AoD
What about next to the crusty punks on hate beggin for change? ;)

User avatar
Nightgaunt
Regular Poster
Posts: 346
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Washington State
Contact:

Post by Nightgaunt »

http://ruetheday.keenspace.com Banners? We don't need no stinkin' banners.

User avatar
Taiwanimation
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Fremont, CA
Contact:

Post by Taiwanimation »

GG Park is a pain to get to by mass transit. How about Union Square instead?
Image

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Union Square would be excellent. I know how to get to Union Square!

!~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Union Square would be perfect! And we'd be right downtown.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Pockybot
Regular Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Contact:

Post by Pockybot »

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:Union Square would be perfect! And we'd be right downtown.
Man, noone wants to meet at the Man Factory? Evcen just one on one for a drink? ;) *cue the tumbleweeds*

User avatar
Heffaloop
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1013
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2002 2:49 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by Heffaloop »

*sends the tumbleweeds over to pockybot*
omgwtf

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

The important dates I'm unavailable, due to stupid mandatory college orientation crap I really wish I could skip:

July 19-20 (Monday and Tuesday)
Aug 18-20 (Wednesday to Friday)
Aug 22 (Sunday)
Aug 28 (Saturday)
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Pockybot
Regular Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Contact:

Post by Pockybot »

heffaloop wrote:*sends the tumbleweeds over to pockybot*
whoooosh! I have a long and narrow history with tumbleweeds:

http://www.pockybot.com/gallery/barstow.jpg

Btw Heffaloop, how will ya get tp San Francisco from Australia?
TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:The important dates I'm unavailable, due to stupid mandatory college orientation crap I really wish I could skip:

July 19-20 (Monday and Tuesday)
Aug 18-20 (Wednesday to Friday)
Aug 22 (Sunday)
Aug 28 (Saturday)
The dates I'm available...*points to every single day of the summer calendar* W00t for living off money from one's comic ^___^

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

pockybot wrote:Btw Heffaloop, how will ya get to San Francisco from Australia?
Probably by plane.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Kensou X
Regular Poster
Posts: 398
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:41 pm
Location: San Francisco (Monterey atm), CA
Contact:

Post by Kensou X »

I should post my impression of crickets chirping (which I must say I do rather well).

Union Square is cool with me. In the end I don't really care what we do, I'm just happy meeting people. I'm just bad at coming up with ideas. I'm more of the kind of person you bring along to add background color.....or colour......whichever.
The Fan: Action, Drama, Suspence...All at a comfortable room temperature. Yeah, it's still there. I'm as shocked as you are.

Image

El doctor Tran es mas chingon en forma de quesadilla.

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Kensou, should we assume Dehn is also coming?
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Pockybot
Regular Poster
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Contact:

Post by Pockybot »

Or we can all take the West Coast Caravan to the Penny Arcade Expo in late August^___^

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Okeydokey... how's August 26th, Union Square sound to everyone? Okay?

?~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

Post Reply