What's going on? (Thread locking? EMH?)

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Post by Terotrous »

I'm sure I'm too late for this, but what does "EMH" stand for?
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Image
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Emergency Moderating Hologram.

I guess there was a problem when they made Yarps a mod, so he made a new account that he only uses to moderate during an emergency. Pretty funny if you ask me.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 3698
Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
Location: Missouri, USA
Contact:

Post by Faub »

Talk about a recruitment drive. Is the interest in Keenspace a reaction to boardy failing or is this the start of something bigger? Chris Crosby mentioned something about an upcoming portal system and some other vague improvements.

User avatar
Executor_Arthas
Regular Poster
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:00 am
Location: NewfieLand

Post by Executor_Arthas »

Lol, yup. Star Trek rules though.
-Exe
I draw/write Eternal Destinies
http://eternaldestinies.keenspace.com

User avatar
Plothole
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: In the Kitchen.
Contact:

Post by Plothole »

At least he didn't put "Please state the nature of the moderating emergency" in his signature...

*Dislikes Voyager*

User avatar
Executor_Arthas
Regular Poster
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:00 am
Location: NewfieLand

Post by Executor_Arthas »

*snicker* Not THAT'd be funny!!!
-Exe
I draw/write Eternal Destinies
http://eternaldestinies.keenspace.com

User avatar
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Post by Terotrous »

faub wrote:Talk about a recruitment drive. Is the interest in Keenspace a reaction to boardy failing or is this the start of something bigger? Chris Crosby mentioned something about an upcoming portal system and some other vague improvements.
I'd credit it to people surfing the boards more often to find out when Keenspace would be working again. And then there's the moderating controversy. It didn't affect me, though. I almost forgot about this place.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Image
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

yeahDuff, are you going to take up that offer of being made mod of Comic Pitching??

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

I responded with a nervous "yes." We'll see if she wisens up and changes her mind.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Executor_Arthas
Regular Poster
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:00 am
Location: NewfieLand

Post by Executor_Arthas »

Lol, well this should be interresting to say the least...
-Exe
I draw/write Eternal Destinies
http://eternaldestinies.keenspace.com

User avatar
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
Contact:

Post by Mr Ekshin »

Just when I thought.....

If yarps had something to do with VT getting banned, then I was right the first time. If such is true, I have no use for YarpsDat.

[allegory] We had a singer for our band who used to futz off while the rest of us worked our asses and fingers off trying to improve ourselves. Finally had to let him go.

At a open tryout rehearsal, we were dissapointed in all people who showed up for the position. To our amazement, our ex-singer was there to legitimately try out!

He sounded good, and had finally gotten all the lines right. It seemed he had realized that being in a band is hard work as much as play. We talked to each other and voted him back in.

He actually jumped up and clapped his hands, saying "I've got a band again!" We looked at each other with that "aw crap, he hasn't changed at all" telepathic message. But it was too late. We had dates, he had improved... But to the end of that band, he was always more enamored with the "I'm in a band" image than the actual responsibility that goes along with it. [/allegory]

Yarp's reply to seeing VT banned, as well as his response to being a moderator give me that same sinking feeling. I'll just have to stay out of the kid's way.

Anti-Do not reply and Do not reply weren't my cup o' tea. I won't miss them. Lock-em and delete them, whatever. People can just make new silly threads.

But.....

There IS a point to such threads. Since it appears that no one has picked up the point to defend it, I'll make a new thread to state it.
Judge dredge.

User avatar
Executor_Arthas
Regular Poster
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:00 am
Location: NewfieLand

Post by Executor_Arthas »

Huzzah!!!
-Exe
I draw/write Eternal Destinies
http://eternaldestinies.keenspace.com

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Well, Yarps WASN'T responsible. Striker was. She did it in response to Vile's email about Yarps. She got it late for one reason or another, weighed the case, and decided that Vile should be banned. I didn't like the decision, and I think it's based on a misunderstanding, but that's how it goes. If Yarps isn't exactly sad about it, that's his perogative. He wasn't responsible, though.
executor_arthas wrote: Lol, well this should be interresting to say the least...
Is this showing less than full confidence in my abilities? It certainly should be.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Executor_Arthas
Regular Poster
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:00 am
Location: NewfieLand

Post by Executor_Arthas »

Not really, I'm just saying that it's gonna be interresting's all...
-Exe
I draw/write Eternal Destinies
http://eternaldestinies.keenspace.com

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

Let's face it.
Now that STrRedwolf is here, these forums are now dead.
We are just dancing around the corpse.
Tra la la la la la fucking la.
*breaks into tears and runs*
Last edited by Nyke on Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Executor_Arthas
Regular Poster
Posts: 577
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:00 am
Location: NewfieLand

Post by Executor_Arthas »

Amen to dat Magi. Something tells me that she fucked up BIG time.
-Exe
I draw/write Eternal Destinies
http://eternaldestinies.keenspace.com

User avatar
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
Contact:

Post by Mr Ekshin »

Well, that's why I put an "If" in front of my statement more than once. But from what I read, Yarps had stated that

"EDIT: Apparently I also convinced Wolf to put Viles in "brig". Kinda funny it's a result of Vile's e-mail. :D :D :D "

So Yarps convinced StrRedWolf to ban VT? Is that what "put Viles in brig" means?

He's no saint. The kid has a big gun. Stay out of his way. I will. I'll be over there sipping iced tea.

Peas. :)
Judge dredge.

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

Poor English translation. What he meant was, "my explanation as to why I should be a mod not only got my status back but got Vile banned." Yarps coulda banned Vile for the past month, but didn't. The two never got along, so he's not going to weep when she's gone.

That doesn't mean you have to trust him. Do what you want, but that's how it is.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:28 am
Location: Back against a wall with an apple on my head.
Contact:

Post by Mr Ekshin »

[vent] Here's a point. VT may have deserved to be banned for past outbursts and posts. VT maybe should have been banned for crap in the past.

But VileTerror has been quite passive and actually productive lately. We've already weathered the damn storm. This happening now is B.S.

It's a sentence carried out improperly timed. It's simply not right.

How many of you have participated and posted in the "King Lear" thread? Anyone who hasn't should pipe up now to say how she is better gone than here. Who's first?

I didn't participate in that thread, and I don't agree with the ban. There's at least something to say. [/vent]
Judge dredge.

User avatar
TheGoobla
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1831
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:48 pm
Location: Your anus. (That's how you do a pun, right?)

Post by TheGoobla »

I wholeheartedly concur. This banning was entirely uncalled for, and inappropriate, hopefully it'll be corrected in due time.

Post Reply