Working?

Working?

Postby Matt Trepal on Wed May 22, 2002 1:29 pm

Hmm... Is this thing working again? Just after I set up a new forum? That would certainly be my luck....

I'm going to adopt a wait-and-see attitude about it.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Big Bad Al on Wed May 22, 2002 2:39 pm

It's touch and go. The Spot one works better then the Space one at the moment but both are a shit load better then they were.
Big Bad Al
Regular Poster

Postby Matt Trepal on Wed May 22, 2002 4:39 pm

Indeed....

Well, the 'Spot is the money-making side of their venture, so I don't have a problem with Gav & the others concentrating on that. Things seem to be going better than they have, though, and that's good!
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Andrick on Fri May 24, 2002 9:34 am

Other than some...minor quirks...things seem to be okay. If you don't mind not being able to delete or edit any posts then the forum is good. Otherwise... well... hey, it's free! Whad'a'ya expect?
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Really fixed?

Postby Matt Trepal on Mon May 27, 2002 4:01 pm

Well, I think this thing is fixed once and for all....

Right after I get an alternate forum. Oh, well. That other site can always be used when (I won't say if at this moment; it's definitely when) the Keen servers go down, or for something else that won't clog up this board.

Not like this board is in danger of being clogged up with posts, though. :roll:
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Re: Really fixed?

Postby Andrick on Wed May 29, 2002 2:46 am

Matt Trepal wrote:...Not like this board is in danger of being clogged up with posts, though. :roll:

Hey, now! Was that a challenge to us loyalists?
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Re: Really fixed?

Postby Matt Trepal on Wed May 29, 2002 4:52 am

Andrick wrote:
Matt Trepal wrote:...Not like this board is in danger of being clogged up with posts, though. :roll:

Hey, now! Was that a challenge to us loyalists?

Oh, not at all! Actually, I'm not sure that I could handle a really busy board (a la PDI or FRAMED!!!)! I'm just hoping the population here picks up to what it once was; there were (and will be, I'm sure) some good people here.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Andrick on Wed May 29, 2002 12:06 pm

PDI's forum is not busy. Other than Gin Cat, BloodEye, Saski Berth and Dalenna, noone has posted there in several days and those first three are involved in active dialogue/games with me there. Come to think of it Dalenna only posted to say I won the caption contest so I guess that would be a clean sweep.

All forum traffic has tanked and several formerly active boards are absolutely deserted. Case in point is the Jack forum which was seeing five new topics a day and a minimum of thirty posts has trickled down to three active posters and a half dozen lurkers from a former high of over one hundred forumites. That is a blow that will take time to recover, if ever.

You seemed to be doing all right when you had a score of forumites frequenting the boards. Noone expects you to respond to each post or thread, after all, just the important ones addressed to you.
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

forum busy-ness

Postby Matt Trepal on Wed May 29, 2002 2:59 pm

Well, you're right, Andrick, the Great Forum Crash of 2002 <small>(&copy; M Trepal, all rights reserved)</small> has culled the herds, and it will be a while before the populations rise again. Posting is down across the board (pun intended ;))

As people realize and are convinced that the forums are back up to snuff, things should improve. I just worry that sometimes I'm not doing enough to encourage people here. The problem is that I'm naturally a lurker, and not all that vocal in RL, so I don't spur discussion here. :\

Thanks for sticking around!
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Re: forum busy-ness

Postby Andrick on Sat Jun 01, 2002 1:58 pm

Matt Trepal wrote:Matt Trepal, Lt. Commander

I dunno, you seem to be vocal about something for a natural lurker. And thank you for providing an excellent comic which compels me to provide feedback in the forum.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Matt Trepal on Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:26 pm

Andrick wrote:
Matt Trepal wrote:Matt Trepal, Lt. Commander

I dunno, you seem to be vocal about something for a natural lurker. And thank you for providing an excellent comic which compels me to provide feedback in the forum.

Well, if I've been around since December of 1969, 950 posts isn't much! :wink:

But, seriously, if I find something interesting to talk about, I'll talk about it. My problem may be that I'm not a natural talker, therefore I don't gab about everything that strikes my fancy.

I'll have to start working at it-- "The Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire. Discuss among yourselves...."

:wink:
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Matt Trepal on Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:42 pm

Andrick wrote:And thank you for providing an excellent comic which compels me to provide feedback in the forum.

And "excellent," eh? That nagging voice in the back of my head would argue that point, but I won't let it, this time. Thanks! I do my best, and I'm just glad that other people find this same stuff funny.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Andrick on Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:56 pm

Well the Romans did go about making other people holy with their tactical invention of the legion. And that city by the river Tiber was still deemed to be the seat of power to the nation. But I'm not sure what dilineates an empire from despotism. :)

But yes, the comic is excellent. The criteria I have for that judgement is if something can make me laugh out loud... without cynicism (just to make a seperation from politics).

That is such an apt word "politics". Derived from the root words of "poli" meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "blood sucking vermin".
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Return to Fight Cast Or Evade