Would you take the money?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

If your bank put several MILLION dollars into your account, would you take the money and run?

Yes - I would take the millions and flee.
2
7%
Maybe - I'd be tempted enough to seriously consider it.
12
44%
No - I wouldn't take the money.
13
48%
 
Total votes: 27

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Bustertheclown »

I would invest in nothing but my own happiness.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

User avatar
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Comi-what now?
Contact:

if I had a million dollars..

Post by Pimpette »

I would buy you a green dress.





But not a real green dress, that's cruel.
Image

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: if I had a million dollars..

Post by Phact0rri »

Pimpette wrote:I would buy you a green dress.
made of hemp?
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by K-Dawg »

Killbert-Robby wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:You'd be wise to report it to them.

Once the bank realizes their mistake (and they will with that much money) they are just going to take all the money back, whether you took out some or not. There's no finders keepers here.
Six million dollars is a lot of money to the REST of us, KEON.
I've had enough of you implying that I am crazy rich! I'm normal just like you. :evil:

Now if you'll excuse me my butler is bringing my lunch of dodo meat, t-rex steaks, and the finest caviar from under the sea.
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
Pimpette
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2004 10:13 pm
Location: Comi-what now?
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Pimpette »

I get mailed the leftovers!
Image

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Phact0rri »

Pimpette wrote:I get mailed the leftovers!
Not delivered via KD's personal helicopter?
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Killbert-Robby »

K-Dawg wrote:
Killbert-Robby wrote:
K-Dawg wrote:You'd be wise to report it to them.

Once the bank realizes their mistake (and they will with that much money) they are just going to take all the money back, whether you took out some or not. There's no finders keepers here.
Six million dollars is a lot of money to the REST of us, KEON.
I've had enough of you implying that I am crazy rich! I'm normal just like you. :evil:

Now if you'll excuse me my butler is bringing my lunch of dodo meat, t-rex steaks, and the finest caviar from under the sea.
The finest and rarest caviar is the pearly white roe of a centennial beluga sturgeon which is a FRESH WATER fish and therefore not from UNDER THE SEA
You POSER
Hell, now I'll bet that Dodo is actually Kiwi, and the T-rex is just komodo dragon... You make me sick Keon. Sick.
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by McDuffies »

Phact0rri wrote: A and C... and we can start the real life Keentones band *l*
If we convince Sublet to join...

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Mercury Hat »

Clearly the finest and rarest caviar would be one from on land.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Killbert-Robby »

Mercury Hat wrote:Clearly the finest and rarest caviar would be one from on land.
.... toucheeee
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Rkolter »

Mercury Hat wrote:Clearly the finest and rarest caviar would be one from on land.
The only land-fish I can think of off the top of my head is the loanshark. And if you eat it's caviar, it'll send two guys over to break your arms.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE
Posts: 4844
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Yes, let us check!
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by K-Dawg »

Killbert-Robby wrote:
The finest and rarest caviar is the pearly white roe of a centennial beluga sturgeon which is a FRESH WATER fish and therefore not from UNDER THE SEA
You POSER
Hell, now I'll bet that Dodo is actually Kiwi, and the T-rex is just komodo dragon... You make me sick Keon. Sick.
I'd expect a NORMAL to say that. You haven't even seen or heard the Fantasmopotomus I bet.
Image

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Killbert-Robby »

K-Dawg wrote:
Killbert-Robby wrote:
The finest and rarest caviar is the pearly white roe of a centennial beluga sturgeon which is a FRESH WATER fish and therefore not from UNDER THE SEA
You POSER
Hell, now I'll bet that Dodo is actually Kiwi, and the T-rex is just komodo dragon... You make me sick Keon. Sick.
I'd expect a NORMAL to say that. You haven't even seen or heard the Fantasmopotomus I bet.
I'll bet you haven't tasted anything not in a bagel. Living in a Jewish neighborhood is soooooooo 90s-rich-person.
Image

User avatar
RPin
Gentleman Pornographer
Posts: 2930
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:12 am
Location: I'm off to Brazil, bitches!
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by RPin »

I think I've seen caviar that could be considered 'on land', since it was made from callinectes eggs.

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Phact0rri »

Rkolter wrote:
Mercury Hat wrote:Clearly the finest and rarest caviar would be one from on land.
The only land-fish I can think of off the top of my head is the loanshark. And if you eat it's caviar, it'll send two guys over to break your arms.
walking fish?
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2291
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Ahaugen »

Phact0rri wrote:
Rkolter wrote:
Mercury Hat wrote:Clearly the finest and rarest caviar would be one from on land.
The only land-fish I can think of off the top of my head is the loanshark. And if you eat it's caviar, it'll send two guys over to break your arms.
walking fish?
the landshark
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Phact0rri »

Ahaugen wrote:
Phact0rri wrote:walking fish?
the landshark
isn't that a beer?
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Nanda »

I could never take the money. In 1990, when Joseph Mollicone embezzled $13 million and caused the collapse of RI's credit union network, my family and some 211,000 people just like us lost access to our savings for almost two years - that's a really fucking big deal to people who are living hand to mouth, just barely able to keep their heads above the poverty line.
Image Image

User avatar
Dracomax
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1145
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:13 pm
Location: in a defective ficional universe
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Dracomax »

Surely the rarest caviar is from the ostracoderm.

mmm...prehistoric caviar....
ImageImageImage
You and TRI are the crazy mad ones.~Cope
Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day; set a man on fire, keep him warm for life.~unknown

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Re: Would you take the money?

Post by Rkolter »

Dracomax wrote:Surely the rarest caviar is from the ostracoderm.

mmm...prehistoric caviar....
Mmm... rocks.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Locked