Your own little slice of heaven

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Prettysenshi
Bork Bork Bork
Posts: 2269
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2004 8:23 am
Location: Anywhere else but here....
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Prettysenshi »

Well cooked meat.

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

Damn it why is that movie so hard to find nowadays

Post by Cope »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0pWejAnLUQ

....okay, so that's not actually mine.
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Hiding from my employers in the interwebs!
Contact:

Buwahahahaa!

Post by Netpoet »

My own little slice of heaven?

Image

Tormenting Cope = happiness

User avatar
Cope
Incompetent Monster
Posts: 7378
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:37 pm
Location: Masked man of mystery
Contact:

...wait, when did this become the twentieth storey?

Post by Cope »

Well, you ain't taking a slice outta me! *jumps out a window*
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

User avatar
Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 5772
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:04 pm
Location: ????
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Phact0rri »

going to a book or music store and finding some gem that you thought no longer could be found. Then partaking of such thing and having it even better than you could have dreamed.

also the first note on a new instrument. that first concept of how different it will sound and how many new options are available to you..

... ahh the moments of life.
Image
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

User avatar
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Ste-Julienne
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Ti-Phil »

Riding my bike on a spring day in a park filled with lilas in bloom.
Hearing the pleasant laugh she does when I hug her when we are sleeping.
The feeling of well-being after a time of training.
The feeling of wonder when you see still drawings coming to life by animating them!
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

User avatar
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Jim North »

Ti-Phil wrote:Riding my bike on a spring day in a park filled with llamas in bloom.
What I read at first. I was thinking, damn Ti-Phil lives near some awesome parks.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

User avatar
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3269
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Laemkral »

Finishing a very satisfying bowel movement. The kind where your pants fit better and you feel a little lighter. You just smile, wipe your bottom, and enjoy the rest of your day a little more.

Conversely, there is little on this earth as aggravating as pooping, then having to poop again for non-diarrhea related reasons barely an hour later. It's like your colon is mocking you.
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

User avatar
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2291
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Ahaugen »

Jim North wrote:
Ti-Phil wrote:Riding my bike on a spring day in a park filled with llamas in bloom.
What I read at first. I was thinking, damn Ti-Phil lives near some awesome parks.
now now, llamas only bloom in Sim City

btw, Sim City is my little slice of heaven
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

User avatar
Ti-Phil
Héro de Dessin Animé
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Ste-Julienne
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Ti-Phil »

Ahaugen wrote:
Jim North wrote:
Ti-Phil wrote:Riding my bike on a spring day in a park filled with llamas in bloom.
What I read at first. I was thinking, damn Ti-Phil lives near some awesome parks.
now now, llamas only bloom in Sim City

btw, Sim City is my little slice of heaven
I also like Sim city.
The Volet

What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?

"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter

User avatar
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2623
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Ekolter »

My beloved son's smile and laughter. I actually had him in such a giggle fit earlier today that Ryan heard him upstairs. Also his pouty sad face - it's just so damn cute. :shucks:

User avatar
Terotrous
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1975
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:23 pm
Location: Canada, eh?
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Terotrous »

I like how this thread is an odd mishmash of very serious responses and very jokey responses. Quite a lot like Comic Genesis in general, actually.

My favourite thing is just to spend time with my friends and loved ones. Unfortunately, due to a variety of factors this has not been possible much lately.


Failing that, kicking some severe ass in a video game is also fairly good. I got Excitebots recently, it's a lot of fun and very intense.
What Lies Beyond - A Psychological Fantasy Novel
Image
Stuff that updates sometimes:
ImageImage
I also did phbites.comicgenesis.com and hntrac.comicgenesis.com way back when.

User avatar
Netpoet
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Hiding from my employers in the interwebs!
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Netpoet »

living an hour and a half away from my place of employment. Yeah, I have to drive 3 hours out of the day, mon-fri... but when I lived closer (like, 4 blocks away from work) I was constantly called in to work for STUPID things. Changing printer cartridges, turning idiots' computers ON, things like that. Now, when I leave work, I *KNOW* I'm not going back here until the next day. And on Friday, oh, it's HEAVEN to hit the road.

Where I live, it's a VERY small town. There's four houses on my street, TOTAL. And we're surrounded by mountains. Once I get home, I can go out on my back porch with a pitcher of lemonade, climb into the porch swing with my wife, and watch the sun set while my son plays on the playground and my daughter coos from her playpen.

Though I'll admit having two full lots SUCKS when I need to mow. :P

>Net

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by McDuffies »

Scratching my back.

User avatar
Dreamaniaccomic
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1096
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:17 am
Location: In my head.
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Dreamaniaccomic »

Spending a day doing nothing but eating spicy food, arguing/concurring on nerd stuff, playing videogames with friends and kicking each other's butts, then ending it all with a movie marathon of Monty Python movies.
Although, all things considered, that day was the whole freaking CAKE, not just a slice.
Dreamaniac
Has a thing for bandannas...

User avatar
elkarlos
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by elkarlos »

Modifying and painting Nerf guns, then duking it out with my friends in the middle of campus.

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Killbert-Robby »

Laemkral wrote:Finishing a very satisfying bowel movement. The kind where your pants fit better and you feel a little lighter. You just smile, wipe your bottom, and enjoy the rest of your day a little more.
Good lord it's like having Jesus himself pat you on the butt and send you on your merry way.
Image

User avatar
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2623
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Ekolter »

The serentity and beauty of nature - especially trees.

User avatar
Ahaugen
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2291
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:44 am
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Ahaugen »

Killbert-Robby wrote:
Laemkral wrote:Finishing a very satisfying bowel movement. The kind where your pants fit better and you feel a little lighter. You just smile, wipe your bottom, and enjoy the rest of your day a little more.
Good lord it's like having Jesus himself pat you on the butt and send you on your merry way.
It's amazing what a few minutes on an uncomfortable porcelain chair will do for your day.
Read The Times-Picayune
Comic Genesis' daily source for news since 2009

A Lamestream Media Company

User avatar
Bustertheclown
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2390
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:17 pm
Location: ATOMIC!
Contact:

Re: Your own little slice of heaven

Post by Bustertheclown »

Conan-the-Barbarian.jpg
Conan-the-Barbarian.jpg (29.87 KiB) Viewed 5361 times
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
"Just because we're amateurs, doesn't mean our comics have to be amateurish." -McDuffies

http://hastilyscribbled.comicgenesis.com

Locked