JAGS (Just Another Gaming System; not)

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.
Post Reply
Martenzo
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:23 am

JAGS (Just Another Gaming System; not)

Post by Martenzo »

Well, this system is my personal favorite, and my hope that it will one day be a lot more known is undying. Here's a link to the site: http://www.jagsrpg.org
That site is under repair, but has been coming back online, albeit at a very slow rate. Now, I know where to get most of the supplements it has, but the legality of that location is dubious at best and it's probably best that I don't put it out for public view. Lest there be trouble for ComicGenesis.
Basics: it's a roll-under, point-buy for stats, it is suitable for every possible setting, if you have played GURPS, then the learning curve will be manageable, if not, then you might need a GURPS fan (or a JAGS fan) to help you with some of it.
Oh, and a few questions:
  • How many of the people here are already familiar with it or have already heard about it?
    Would you be interested in playing a PbP game with this system?
PS: Don't be scared about the standard roll as explained in the book. It may sound complex, but it's not. And people who want to use online rollers for proving the roll can use 4d6-4 instead.

User avatar
Levi Kornelsen
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:49 am

Re: JAGS (Just Another Gaming System; not)

Post by Levi Kornelsen »

Martenzo wrote:Well, this system is my personal favorite, and my hope that it will one day be a lot more known is undying. Here's a link to the site: http://www.jagsrpg.org
I (still) haven't played with it, yet, but I read it the first time a year or so back - and it's kind of neat.

Best two things for it (my opinion) are JAGS Wonderland - as in, 'Alice in...', which is dark and freaky as hell, and JAGS Have-Not, which is minimalist post-apocalypse goodness.

Keep in mind that I haven't played it, though; salt heavily.

Martenzo
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:23 am

Re: JAGS (Just Another Gaming System; not)

Post by Martenzo »

Have-Not? Minimalist? It's as over-the-top as it gets without going to the realm of Exalted or Wushu. I once built a GSH with cybernetics. It summed up to 28 REA points and had two rounds of actions in one normal round because of bullet time (Totaling a massive 56 REA points/round). Not to mention the accuracy, armor and strength of the thing. Although, this was intentionally made to see how easy or difficult HaveNot is to break (it came with 250CP and 40-something AP).

But I still like HaveNot the most. Wonderland is... well, I've read it, and it's not bad, it's just not my taste.

And the bottom line is: Would you like to play?

User avatar
Levi Kornelsen
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:49 am

Re: JAGS (Just Another Gaming System; not)

Post by Levi Kornelsen »

Well, by minimal, I mean "total stuff per character". Maybe I'm projecting a bit.

As to play, I have two games right now to play, a LARp, and I'm thinking about running a tabletop, in addition to Amagi-Games. That pretty much kills me for time.

Post Reply