Introduction

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible
Contact:

Post by Sortelli »

... Circumstances! *flees* *in new shoe*

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Sortelli wrote:... Circumstances! *flees* *in new shoe*
i knew i'd regret making that thing.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Serenagold
Regular Poster
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:39 am
Location: The Newer York
Contact:

Post by Serenagold »

Noise Monkey wrote:
goldfish wrote:Is it the offical pollicy of CG to support canabalism?
Isn't it everywhere?
I read once that when South American cannibles from the Amazon were asked to compare what food substance most tasted like human flesh, most overwhelmingly chose SPAM as their luncheon meat of choice.

Squeemish newbies could enjoy spamwiches until they get over their fear of eating others. Perhaps this could be the solution.


Wait a second.... when I posted my newbie thread you all planned to set me on fire!!! :o :o :o HOLY CRAP! YOU WERE TRYING TO EAT ME< WEREN't YOU!!!!

No wonder I was never offered a sandwich. :cry:
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I'm pretty sure that was pork and not spam.

They called Human "long pig".
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
KWill
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2421
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:37 am
Location: Disappointed
Contact:

Post by KWill »

Serenagold wrote:Squeemish newbies could enjoy spamwiches until they get over their fear of eating others. Perhaps this could be the solution.
Isn't there a brand of human flavored tofu out there? That way we could reach out to the vegetarian members of the forum as well...

User avatar
Black Sparrow
Cartoon Anti-Hero
Posts: 6973
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:04 am
Location: Violating your restraining order
Contact:

Post by Black Sparrow »

KWill wrote:
Serenagold wrote:Squeemish newbies could enjoy spamwiches until they get over their fear of eating others. Perhaps this could be the solution.
Isn't there a brand of human flavored tofu out there? That way we could reach out to the vegetarian members of the forum as well...
As one of the vegetarians of this forum, I can honestly say... I completely condone cannibalism. Eating cows and chickens is barbaric... eating humans is justice!
This is going in my notebook titled "Things I Didn't Know about Surface Dwellers."
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Black Sparrow wrote:
KWill wrote:
Serenagold wrote:Squeemish newbies could enjoy spamwiches until they get over their fear of eating others. Perhaps this could be the solution.
Isn't there a brand of human flavored tofu out there? That way we could reach out to the vegetarian members of the forum as well...
As one of the vegetarians of this forum, I can honestly say... I completely condone cannibalism. Eating cows and chickens is barbaric... eating humans is justice!
justice for what?
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible
Contact:

Post by Sortelli »

legostargalactica wrote:
Black Sparrow wrote:
KWill wrote: Isn't there a brand of human flavored tofu out there? That way we could reach out to the vegetarian members of the forum as well...
As one of the vegetarians of this forum, I can honestly say... I completely condone cannibalism. Eating cows and chickens is barbaric... eating humans is justice!
justice for what?
The crime of self loathing.

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Sortelli wrote:
legostargalactica wrote:
Black Sparrow wrote: As one of the vegetarians of this forum, I can honestly say... I completely condone cannibalism. Eating cows and chickens is barbaric... eating humans is justice!
justice for what?
The crime of self loathing.
okay now i'm REALLY confused.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible
Contact:

Post by Sortelli »

I know Sparrow was joking but it's always been weird to me how the human race has such a capacity to hate itself so much that it seems reasonable to suggest that it'd be better if people died more often.

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

i don't think she's implying that though.

and frankly i think it's possible to hate the human race without hating yourself.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible
Contact:

Post by Sortelli »

Cognative dissonance makes anything possible!

Anyway, if we're going to use cannibalism for justice the vegetarians can bring it on.

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Sortelli wrote:Cognative dissonance makes anything possible!

Anyway, if we're going to use cannibalism for justice the vegetarians can bring it on.
well no, i mean the real justice would be "when animals attack" kinda shit, humans eating humans isn't justice for humans eating animals, i'm not sure it's even vengence, it's just sorta, odd.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Sortelli
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6334
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible
Contact:

Post by Sortelli »

True that, Lego.

Just in case I am going to get a bumper sticker that says "Why do we eat animals who eat animals to prove that eating animals is wrong?" The bumper sticker will feature the portrait of an imaginary Native American on the left margin and fit under my other sticker about the Air Force having a bake sale.

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

i'd prefer one that says "i break for animals, cause then i can catch and eat them"
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

rkolter wrote:I'm pretty sure that was pork and not spam.

They called Human "long pig".
Christ, I hope so. Though I suppose no one resorts to cannibalism for the taste.
legostargalactica wrote:and frankly i think it's possible to hate the human race without hating yourself.
But what's the fun in that?
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

I used to have a bumper sticker that said, "Save the whales - trade them in for valuable prizes!"
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Post Reply