Return of the happy thread.

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.
Locked
User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Just Peanuts. which aren't nuts. They're legumes. And they're the only legume I'm allergic to.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

rkolter wrote:Just Peanuts. which aren't nuts. They're legumes. And they're the only legume I'm allergic to.
ah okay, there are walnuts in this banana bread.

I only ask cause i've known people allergic to peanuts as well as actual nuts, i couldn't remember if that was the case with you.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I'm in the same boat as rkolter.
Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I'm in the same boat as rkolter.
then you'd best start bailing, cause that boat's sinking!
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Yeah. It's also shaped like a peanut. Which it probably why it's sinking.
Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Not to mention that it's populated by a couple of nuts.

... legumes.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Post by Killbert-Robby »

Chicken fajita for dinner tonight :D Mmmmmm I can smell it from up here. I LOVE that stuff.
Image

User avatar
Rickford
Irreverent
Posts: 1065
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:52 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by Rickford »

Couldn't decide whether to put this in the happy thread or the unhappy thread. There should be a ambivalent thread. Oh well, I'm a glass half full kinda guy so it goes here.

I just turned 20.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Now that you're no longer a teenager, you can complain about today's youth. A definite plus.
Image

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Post by Killbert-Robby »

One more year til you can drink in the States? As a Brit, that opens up all new travel options for you.
Image

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

I was productive today! My company's website, which I'm fixing on my own time, is progressing.

User avatar
BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1848
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:24 pm
Location: Lurking in the Corners
Contact:

Post by BrownEyedCat »

I finally rediscovered the title of that movie I watched in my Utopias and Distopias filler class! It's 'Things to Come'! It was based on an HG Welles novel!

Gawd, you have no idea how much losing that name bothered me. And with a name like 'Things to Come', it's not exactly distinctive . . .

It was the only movie we watched where the future was a shiny white marble apparent Utopia. Right after that it was Blade Runner, and it was all soot and grit from there on.
Image

Image
Previously Catrine until my account crashed.

User avatar
The Neko
A Blithe ray of Schadenfreude
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2003 6:16 pm
Location: New York City

Post by The Neko »

I got a Wii today. HORRAY! And it was after I gave up hope of finding one.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

The Neko wrote:I got a Wii today. HORRAY! And it was after I gave up hope of finding one.
ZOMG I just got one last week too! I guess Nintendo wasn't joking when they said they were upping production, because I saw 4 at a Gamestop a few days ago.

You should play Wario Ware Smooth Moves with a bunch of people. It's a hell of a thing.
Image

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

My dad bought me "Masters of the Universe" (the live-action He-Man movie from the '80s) on a whim, and I was surprisingly excited about it.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

I put "Masters of the Universe" on the same level as "Street Fighter." They're both pretty bad, but watchable and strangely entertaining.
Image

User avatar
Nervous Spy
For your Eyes Only
Posts: 734
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Nervous Spy »

theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I put "Masters of the Universe" on the same level as "Street Fighter." They're both pretty bad, but watchable and strangely entertaining.
Although, as far as concept art vs. reality is concerned, I think the discrepancy was not as great in MotU as in SF. :lol:

Image
My new avatar is by someone who holds many <a href="http://indepos.comicgenesis.com/">Indefensible Positions</a>.

User avatar
Ekolter
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2623
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:24 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Post by Ekolter »

Applied for a childcare job closer to home. Got an immediate response - wanted to meet with me tomorrow. Good pay too. Only they wanted two to four hours a day. Well, bummer! I need full-time. I had to politely decline.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Nervous Spy wrote:
theSuburbanLetdown wrote:I put "Masters of the Universe" on the same level as "Street Fighter." They're both pretty bad, but watchable and strangely entertaining.
Although, as far as concept art vs. reality is concerned, I think the discrepancy was not as great in MotU as in SF. :lol:

Image
Raul Julia may not have looked the part, but man did he have fun in that role. Shame it was his last movie though.
Image

User avatar
Rock_dash
NOTHING
Posts: 2363
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:37 am

Post by Rock_dash »

I was going to post a scan of my new driver's permit, but then I decided against it. So instead, I'll just tell everyone I got my permit.

...

I got my driver's permit.

...

Kind of loses the dramatic effect, doesn't it?

Locked