Sprites for a game.

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Rusty Knight
Regular Poster
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:12 am
Location: The Long Dark Teatime Of The Soul
Contact:

Post by Rusty Knight »

mcDuffies wrote:Hahaha! :twisted: You know what I like about Spy the most? Not that he's a competent artist, or that he's witty, or that he's quick on pencil, but that it's so easy to beg art out of him!
In that case... ... :-? ... ...can I beseech a sprite too please? (If that was alright and all) :)
ImageImageImage
My amazing avatar is by Black Sparrow
"Rusty Knight. A charitable heart who has spared the forum the untold horror that is his webcomic." ~ Yeahduff

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

*pushes Rusty down the stairs*




I love doing that. :D

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Rusty Knight wrote:can I beseech a sprite too please? (If that was alright and all) :)
Here *gives him can of soda*

User avatar
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light
Posts: 3276
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: The Past, the Present, The future
Contact:

Post by Kisai »

Whoa this is interesting. I should probably ask what's the story for the game, or is it' simply 'find the exit' type games?

User avatar
[AlmightyPyro]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 5339
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:12 pm
Location: noitacoL

Post by [AlmightyPyro] »

Kisai wrote:Whoa this is interesting. I should probably ask what's the story for the game, or is it' simply 'find the exit' type games?
Pretty much, as of now, yeah. I think I'm going to make it where the big mods where kidnapped by some one who is brain washing them to be evil minions. You, an unnamed comic artist/hero, where also kidnapped, but you break free and must now make it through many puzzling level to free the mods. You know, stereotypical cheesy game. :P

Any ideas on the story and such are welcome.
I'm glad 90's style forum signatures don't exist anymore.

User avatar
Linkara
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2211
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:29 pm
Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman
Contact:

Post by Linkara »

I'm thinking they kidnapped the newbie by accident, thinking they were someone else, like someone who has a popular comic, but doesn't really have a recognizable avatar.

Also, I'm thinking a level or area that's the cloning vats for new Linkaras and they have to be destroyed.

Lego and Rkolter share a level, but it's basically designed for the player to avoid them at all costs, since the two are undergoing a war of SCIENCE! against one another.

You get past McDuffies by giving him panties, obviously.

You get past Pimpette by giving her Tynan and DarkDancer.

Oh, and Batman is behind some boxes on a couple of levels.

You get the opportunity to rescue Ghastly, but only if you find his pipe. Otherwise he's not leaving.

And the final boss should either be Brubaker or a giant duck. Or possibly Brubaker in the form of a giant duck. Or maybe just the face of Kirb.
Image

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~

User avatar
Rusty Knight
Regular Poster
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:12 am
Location: The Long Dark Teatime Of The Soul
Contact:

Post by Rusty Knight »

Noise Monkey wrote:*pushes Rusty down the stairs*




I love doing that. :D
...and I love the...

...

...

...

...er...

...what do I love about this again?
mcDuffies wrote:Here *gives him can of soda*
Hey! Free Soda!

Now I remember!
ImageImageImage
My amazing avatar is by Black Sparrow
"Rusty Knight. A charitable heart who has spared the forum the untold horror that is his webcomic." ~ Yeahduff

User avatar
Nervous Spy
For your Eyes Only
Posts: 734
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Nervous Spy »

Rusty Knight wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:can I beseech a sprite too please?
A rusty Knight sprite? That should be easy, after all it's not going to move around much...

Image

:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist...I could add a skateboard or something like that for mobility?
My new avatar is by someone who holds many <a href="http://indepos.comicgenesis.com/">Indefensible Positions</a>.

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

heehee just make him part of the wall. XD
Linkara wrote:I'm thinking they kidnapped the newbie by accident, thinking they were someone else, like someone who has a popular comic, but doesn't really have a recognizable avatar.

Also, I'm thinking a level or area that's the cloning vats for new Linkaras and they have to be destroyed.

Lego and Rkolter share a level, but it's basically designed for the player to avoid them at all costs, since the two are undergoing a war of SCIENCE! against one another.

You get past McDuffies by giving him panties, obviously.

You get past Pimpette by giving her Tynan and DarkDancer.

Oh, and Batman is behind some boxes on a couple of levels.

You get the opportunity to rescue Ghastly, but only if you find his pipe. Otherwise he's not leaving.

And the final boss should either be Brubaker or a giant duck. Or possibly Brubaker in the form of a giant duck. Or maybe just the face of Kirb.
these ideas are really cute Link! I think Kirb's face would make an awesome endgame boss.
Image

User avatar
Linkara
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2211
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:29 pm
Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman
Contact:

Post by Linkara »

grabmygoblin wrote:these ideas are really cute Link! I think Kirb's face would make an awesome endgame boss.
D'awww, thanks! ^_^ Here's another one I just thought of:

One level you join forces with CJ to rescue Kisai! ...Except it turns out that after you rescue her, CJ just kidnaps her for herself.
Image

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~

User avatar
Lunar
Regular Poster
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:46 pm
Location: Do I look insane?
Contact:

Post by Lunar »

I'd like to be a part of this but I don't think I have a well enough developed identity yet to make the cut. I could help with story ideas though.

You could have War as one of those characters that is always hounding you and if he catches you you die. Like Hand thing in Zelda only more lethal.
Image

Image

User avatar
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger
Posts: 6538
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Too Old for this Shit
Contact:

Post by CJBurgandy »

darn tootin' and I'll keep kidnapping her until one of you alls give up that ransom money.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

User avatar
Nervous Spy
For your Eyes Only
Posts: 734
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Nervous Spy »

Linkara wrote:Oh, and Batman is behind some boxes on a couple of levels.
That's a given...

Image
My new avatar is by someone who holds many <a href="http://indepos.comicgenesis.com/">Indefensible Positions</a>.

User avatar
Shishio
Regular Poster
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:31 pm
Location: Toronto-ish
Contact:

Post by Shishio »

Is he doing what I think he is to that box?
Image
One-liners: Come for the laughs, stay for the abuse.

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

he's shuffling. SHUFFLING!
Image

User avatar
Rusty Knight
Regular Poster
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:12 am
Location: The Long Dark Teatime Of The Soul
Contact:

Post by Rusty Knight »

Nervous Spy wrote:
Rusty Knight wrote:
mcDuffies wrote:can I beseech a sprite too please?
A rusty Knight sprite? That should be easy, after all it's not going to move around much...

Image

:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist...I could add a skateboard or something like that for mobility?
:lol:
ImageImageImage
My amazing avatar is by Black Sparrow
"Rusty Knight. A charitable heart who has spared the forum the untold horror that is his webcomic." ~ Yeahduff

User avatar
Shishio
Regular Poster
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:31 pm
Location: Toronto-ish
Contact:

Post by Shishio »

grabmygoblin wrote:he's shuffling. SHUFFLING!
Is that what they call it these days? Damn kids and your colloquialisms.
Image
One-liners: Come for the laughs, stay for the abuse.

User avatar
Nervous Spy
For your Eyes Only
Posts: 734
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:26 pm
Contact:

Post by Nervous Spy »

Hey, I just realized there's another forumite who already looks like a videogame character by default: [AP] himself.

Image

Not sure about the hair colour, though...also not quite sure whether the 'liana' effect while work right when the sprite moves.
My new avatar is by someone who holds many <a href="http://indepos.comicgenesis.com/">Indefensible Positions</a>.

User avatar
Dragonkingdoms
Regular Poster
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:08 am
Location: A little place at the southeast end of America
Contact:

Post by Dragonkingdoms »

I was surprised that [AP] didn't have a sprite, seeing as he's the creator of the game. But, now he does. And all is totally awesome.

Hey, why not have a sprite of yourself in the game? I think you've earned it, after all.

I just thought of something. Fading Aura would make a great sprite.

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Post by Killbert-Robby »

No, I would be an awesome sprite.


*Sits back and watches the fireworks*
Image

Locked