Current Storyline

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.
User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Post by Xaq »

But IS Abbie GMing? Or have we just not met her character yet? Only time will tell! ;-)

User avatar
Dustman
Regular Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Dustman »

Unless you tell us first. :wink:
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy

DEBO
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by DEBO »

Tom the Fanboy wrote:Yeah, I could totally see Abbie doing that, especially since Mark is a natural born munchkin.

Also, I love your sigline DEBO.
Thanks.

Exactly, he's supposedly a munchkin, and yet I didn't see a single Strato-9, let alone the half dozen or so munchkins normally take. Logically, he must be something even worse! Or he's more settled into actually roleplaying now, he does seem to have a fairly detailed backstory for his charcter, but where's the fun in that?
"I like ShadowRun because I like Yatzee!"

User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA
Contact:

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

Well, she might be playing but I don't think so.
http://weregeek.comicgenesis.com/d/20070425.html

She doesn't say she runs it but we've seen all of the other players personified in their characters. Judging by the way Alina does things my money is still on Abbie as the GM.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman

User avatar
Dustman
Regular Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Dustman »

Well, there are other people in their roleplaying group; remember when they met up after the larp? There were a few other people chilling at the diner; it's not too crazy to theorize that one of them is GMing.
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy

User avatar
Nolori
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 5:50 am
Location: In the closet
Contact:

Post by Nolori »

Dustman wrote:Well, there are other people in their roleplaying group; remember when they met up after the larp?
Are they in their tabletop group too? I thought they were just in the LARP group. Since we didn't see them during the DnD session.
I'm sorry Dave, I can't find this signature for you.

Maki-P
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:47 am

Post by Maki-P »

Ok, they have cool diferent names, and seem to introduce each other.
I think this is Role Play (not live of course, but still)

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I think most likely he's a hacker. It's the one job that wouldn't require obvious cybernetics.

And judging from the way he handled the thugs, he prefers to outhink his opponents.

DEBO
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by DEBO »

Narf the Mouse wrote:I think most likely he's a hacker.
GAH! Surely you mean Decker, yes? :)

What I am interested in is whether or not this MCT thing is a background deal or whether we're coming into a campaign in progress. Like did the MCT run actually finish last session, and Dustin and Abbie's characters died, and rather than doing the 'we need new people now' thing they decided to flash forward 3 years, or is it just a very elaborate collective background.

Then there's the issue of the GM. That Joel's character is the one that ran down the background story might indicate he is GMing, but he seems to intwined in the plot. I geuss it's possible he's using a GMNPC, and it's only my own prejudices which are making me think this probably isn't the case.
"I like ShadowRun because I like Yatzee!"

User avatar
McManus
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:05 am

Post by McManus »

Well hey, it fits the bill.

Team of heroes, check.
Inn, check.
Old guy in the corner giving the quest, check.

This time the elf might join the party after giving the quest tho :p

McM

User avatar
Tom the Fanboy
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2250
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Beaverton, OR, USA
Contact:

Post by Tom the Fanboy »

DEBO wrote:
Narf the Mouse wrote:I think most likely he's a hacker.
GAH! Surely you mean Decker, yes? :)
OK, DEBO, enough with correcting people on their terminology. Everybody settle down. We don't all need to know Shadowrun specifics in able to understand the comic.
Tom the Fanboy
Enthusiasm over Accuracy!

"You should totally put that in your signature Tom. You drain 1d10 investigators per round." -Dustman

User avatar
Dustman
Regular Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Dustman »

See, you say Decker, I think Blade Runner, and now I'm all confused.

Because clearly, Blade Runner and Shadowrun have nothing in common.
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy

DEBO
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:51 pm

Post by DEBO »

Tom the Fanboy wrote:OK, DEBO, enough with correcting people on their terminology. Everybody settle down. We don't all need to know Shadowrun specifics in able to understand the comic.
It's a joke. Not In Space.
Dustman wrote:See, you say Decker, I think Blade Runner, and now I'm all confused.
Mark IS a Replicant! How else did he survive that fall from the roof?
"I like ShadowRun because I like Yatzee!"

User avatar
Dustman
Regular Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Dustman »

DEBO wrote:Mark IS a Replicant! How else did he survive that fall from the roof?
Um... he's a werewolf? And this is actually some bizarre Shadowrun/Underworld crossover, using White Wolf rulebooks?
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy

User avatar
Jbaum2
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:22 am

Post by Jbaum2 »

high impact armor FTW!

Or maybe he has the Toughness edge...

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Narf the Mouse »

First: Well, there should be!!!

Second: Maybe he's a cyborg with a body made to look human?

User avatar
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:51 am
Location: Honshu, Japan
Contact:

Post by Thanatos5150 »

Hey, I JUST noticed Joel's ears...
I feel un-observant, now.
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~

User avatar
Dustman
Regular Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Dustman »

Um... does anyone else find it funny that they picked the gnome as their driver? I've got two funny pictures in my head: Twitch driving the car around sitting on phonebooks, and everyone piled into a clown car.
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Thanatos5150 wrote:Hey, I JUST noticed Joel's ears...
I feel un-observant, now.
...Two of us.

User avatar
Lunaroki
Regular Poster
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 am
Location: north-central PA
Contact:

Post by Lunaroki »

Narf the Mouse wrote:
Thanatos5150 wrote:Hey, I JUST noticed Joel's ears...
I feel un-observant, now.
...Two of us.
Ditto for me.

Looking back through, it seems as though he didn't even have ears until he took off his hat. ^,^
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware."
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny."
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Half-elves and golems and nymphs, oh my!

Post Reply