Coolest Movie Characters?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Robin Pierce
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:48 am
Location: Should we check the internet? :S
Contact:

Post by Robin Pierce »

mcDuffies wrote:Ha ha Robin, I was so gonna say Wolf too.
That's because wolf is fantastic!!

The queen did a good job in it too. but.. WOLLLF :D
Image Image Image
Commissions currently at Sale Prices, for details click third link

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

God (as played by morgan freeman in Bruce Almighty)

Agent K (Tommy Lee Jones in Men in Black)

Joe (from Empire Records)

Lucas (also from Empire Records)

Col. Jack O'Neill (Stargate SG-1)

Pilot (Farscape)

Rygel (Farscape)

I'll second Yeahduff's Daryl Zero vote.

Alan Rickman (in various movies, Galaxy Quest, Dogma, need I go on?)

Sam Jackson's character in Long Kiss Goodnight

Maverick (Mel Gibson in the movie of the same name, James Garner in that movie also)

And then I agree with a lot of what's already been said.
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

User avatar
Kemmy
Regular Poster
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:14 pm
Location: I wish I knew

Post by Kemmy »

I agree with much of what has been said but would add, somewhat randomly, Chihiro and Yubaba (Spirited Away), Wladyslaw Szpilman (The Pianist...yes, it's sort of cheating because he was a real person, but Brody's interpretation of the character is wonderful), Mouse (Ladyhawke), Charlie and Donald Kaufman (Adaptation), Edward Scissorhands, Hellboy, and--for kicks--Belle (Beauty and the Beast). Oh...and Verbal (The Usual Suspects), too.
Image

User avatar
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 6319
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Niether here nor there
Contact:

Post by MixedMyth »

mcDuffies wrote: Jesus from "Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter". Heh heh heh.
Ha ha! That was a fantastic movie! Jesus had go go dancers! :lol:

He actually looks a lot like a guy I knew in college, too, once he gets the haircut.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards

User avatar
Sput
Needs an Oil Checkup
Posts: 2831
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:43 pm

Post by Sput »

I vocalize my love for Wolf too.

Anddd Alan Rickman. <o/
lazy sput is lazy.

User avatar
Duralict
Regular Poster
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:21 am

Post by Duralict »

MixedMyth wrote:
mcDuffies wrote: Jesus from "Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter". Heh heh heh.
Ha ha! That was a fantastic movie! Jesus had go go dancers! :lol:

He actually looks a lot like a guy I knew in college, too, once he gets the haircut.
I was so disappointed they didn't keep him in the robes and long hair for longer. After a while, it was like I wasn't even watching a religious movie any more.
Image
intended for mature audiences.

User avatar
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1050
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: On the run!
Contact:

Post by [AOD] »

Spock -- From any Star Trek movie or the show
Lt. Commander Worf -- From Star Trek: The Next Generation; You've gotta love his line in First Contact where, after having inexplicably repaired the hole in his spacesuit by tying a knot with the tube attached to the arm of a Borg drone, he shoots another with his phaser rifle, exclaiming: "Assimilate this!"
Data -- From Star Trek: The Next Generation; He's Data! Enough said.
Richard "Data" Wang -- From The Goonies; "Slick Shoes!"

!~AOD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS

User avatar
Killbert-Robby
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6876
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
Location: in the butt

Post by Killbert-Robby »

rkolter wrote:Any character Morgan Freeman has played, except the guy in Dreamcatcher.
God, I loved the book, can't believe I watched the movie.



You guys missed out the big ugly mu'fu'er from Sin City, whatshisname
Image

User avatar
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman
Posts: 1071
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: I are serious member. This are serious post.

Post by Legendary »

Marv, I believe.

But, hey, Kevin from the same movie was cool, too. Prior to Sin City, I wouldn't have believed Elijah Wood could do anything like that.
I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!

User avatar
Jops
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1951
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2003 9:55 am
Location: Zzyzx Rd.
Contact:

Post by Jops »

Killbert-Robby wrote:You guys missed out the big ugly mu'fu'er from Sin City, whatshisname
Marv
Jops

Image Image

User avatar
Toxic
Faster Pussycat
Posts: 4163
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:43 pm

Post by Toxic »

Estelle Getty in pretty much anything she's been in.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

User avatar
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Adventuring
Contact:

Post by Tynan »

Kyuzo - Seven Samurai
Kikuchiyo - Seven Samurai
Kambei Shimada - Seven Samurai
Gorobei Katayama - Seven Samurai
Heihachi Hayashida - Seven Samurai
Shichiroji - Seven Samurai
And Manco A.K.A "The man with no name"

User avatar
Arkaina
Regular Poster
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:21 pm
Contact:

Post by Arkaina »

The MacManus family - The Boondock Saints
Detective Paul Smecker - The Boondock Saints
The Tremors - Smokin' Aces
Buddy "Aces" Israel - Smokin' Aces
James Bond (particularily Sean Connery) - The James Bond movies
Mumble - Happy Feet (don't judge me!)
Batman - Batman Begins
Catwoman - Batman Returns

That's all I can really think of for some reason.
Image

User avatar
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Adventuring
Contact:

Post by Tynan »

Remon was far better than Mumble...you big Hobbit lover.

User avatar
Dotty
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2434
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:29 pm
Location: Drunk!
Contact:

Post by Dotty »

I enjoyed Batman and Scarecrow out of Batman Begins, but nothing tops Nicholson's Joker.
Caught in the headlamp glare of your own blinding vanity/Mesmerised by the stare of your shallow personality
Gorging the junk food of flattery you drag your fat ego around/Everyone floored by the battering you give to whoever's around
Oh Narcissus you petulant child admiring yourself in the curve of my eyes/Oh Narcissus you angel beguiled unsated by self you do nothing but die

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

these are not nominations for the list, but as terrible as the Schumacher Batmen were, I still have a special place in my heart for Jim Carrey's Riddler and even Tommy Lee Jones' Two Face, despite the fact it's an entirely different character from the comics. the two of them just seemed to enjoy the roles too much to stop me from enjoying it.

I approve of the list so far, I'd have to really put much more thought into it than willing at the moment to add anyone.
Image

User avatar
Tynan
A REAL ADVEEEENTURERRRRRRR
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Adventuring
Contact:

Post by Tynan »

grabmygoblin wrote:these are not nominations for the list, but as terrible as the Schumacher Batmen were, I still have a special place in my heart for Jim Carrey's Riddler and even Tommy Lee Jones' Two Face, despite the fact it's an entirely different character from the comics. the two of them just seemed to enjoy the roles too much to stop me from enjoying it.

I approve of the list so far, I'd have to really put much more thought into it than willing at the moment to add anyone.
It's true they stole the show for that movie

User avatar
Nanda
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4268
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:06 am
Location: Peeking out of the closet.
Contact:

Post by Nanda »

pierce studios wrote:The queen did a good job in it too.
Whenever I think of Dianne Weist, I think of her character in Edward Scissorhands. :)

And then I get choked up.
Image Image

User avatar
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero
Posts: 6518
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Fraggle Rock
Contact:

Post by Garneta »

Wolf for teh win! I love the 10th Kingdom!
Max Bialystock-The producers
If we can do TV shows as well, I nominate Dr. Cox from Scrubs
Elwood Blues-The Blues brothers
Tim the enchanter-Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Sir Didymus-Labyrinth
Willy Wonka-Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
A lot of characters from the Raggedy Ann and Andy movie, because man...that's one screwed up movie.
Plus I know I've forgotten a lot, and there've been more already mentioned.
Image
Image Image Image

User avatar
Dr Legostar
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 15660
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: right outside your window.
Contact:

Post by Dr Legostar »

Kat North wrote: Sir Didymus-Labyrinth
fro Labyrinth i have to add... LUDO!

"LUDO HAVE FRIEND!"
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff
Image

Locked