Apophenia 357 Discussion Thread

The forum for Ghastly's Ghastly Comic. NSFW
Forum rules
- Consider all threads NSFW
- Inlined legal images allowed
- No links to illegal content (CG-wide rule)
Moo Cow
Cartoon Hero

Post by Moo Cow »

the crab is so cuuuute!

Yay, cd!

~Sara
OMG, new Icon!!!! From the genius of Potter Puppet Pals http://www.potterpuppetpals.com/, icon created by http://www.livejournal.com/users/minttea/
Snape is Love.

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

Apophenia 357 isn't going to be coming back this week after all. I'm still busy tweaking my new computer out and working on other projects. Sorry gang.

Chance are it won't be updating until April 5th.

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

Well... I missed this week too. Grrrrrrr.

Here's what happened. Old scanner. Just does not like scanning in high resolution in colour on XP. So I went out and bought a new scanner today. Many hours later with Canon tech support and I've got the new scanner working. Somehow (possibly when uninstalling the old scanner) important .DLL files got deleted. A quick trip to twain.org got me the needed files and now everthing is working fine.

Next wednesday I'll restart the story.

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

Incidently. I've just started penciling page 29 of the second chapter. There's a couple of really good action pages coming up. Sword Mistress and the Mage show up in a flashback.

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

Okay gang! New scanner is calibrated and working. New page is scanned and in the queue. Apophenia 357 should be back on a regular update schedule now.

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

Yup, it updated just fine.

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

Incidently, I finished the pencils on page 29 of chapter two yesterday. That page is going to be really cute.

ManaUser
Cartoon Hero

Post by ManaUser »

It's great to see this starting up again.

Swordsman3003
Cartoon Hero

Post by Swordsman3003 »

Allright, finally.

Goddessmisca
Cartoon Hero

Post by Goddessmisca »

Ghastly wrote:Incidently, I finished the pencils on page 29 of chapter two yesterday. That page is going to be really cute.
I like cute :)
"You know those things called "gamer girls" yes we exist, and I am one of them. If you could kindly stop worrying about your erection and pick up that controller so I can whip your ass I'd appreciate it."
naked pictures of Misca are going to be the new world currency when the tentacles take over. ~Squiddy
*suddenly wants a miscashake* ;) ~aeridus

Chaszmyr Mae'Val
Regular Poster

Post by Chaszmyr Mae'Val »

It hasn't been updating for a while. Is there anything wrong? :(
GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: Exposure to this .sig can be hazardous to your health.

Columbus The Cat's Blog

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

It's been very hard to try and find the time to ink and colour Apophenia lately. I've been plugging away at the pencils on a steady basis and I've been getting some of the inks done, colouring takes a very long time though. I think what I'm going to do is update it in entire chapters. So when I've got the rest of chapter 2 completed I'll upload it to the site. When I've got all of Chapter 3 completed I'll upload it all at once to the site. It'll make it easier to follow the story too.

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

After having thought everyone who was going to read Apophenia had read Apophenia I just got a submission of a lettered first chapter by Brian "Bear" Dillinger. And an awesome submission it is at that. I'll get it on the site as soon as I get a chance.

It reminded me that I have the second chapter completely done in ink and only the last few pages remain to be coloured. I'd given up working on the comic when my health forced my hiatus but now that I'm feeling quite a bit better i should finish up the second chapter before starting on Polly.

I don't know if I'll just post the uncoloured pages as-is and let the readers both colour and letter their submissions, or if I'll do them in mixed media watercolours and pencil crayons the way I did the rest of the second chapter. Or just do a quick and dirty computer colouring. I'll probably go with the last just to get them up. If I want to colour them with real media I can do that later.

I'll post here when Ive updated the site.

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Aeridus »

Hooray! Sounds fun. :D
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

Atom*Bonds
Regular Poster

Post by Atom*Bonds »

Joy! I was hoping it might get finished up ^_^ I think it was a neato idea for a comic

Jerry
Regular Poster

Post by Jerry »

Shit beggars can't be choosers I'll take rough pencil sketches as long as Ghastly is willing to post it.
You Live. You Die. Get used to it.
Duck!

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

Well I'd let things slide quite a bit on my Webcomics Nation site. Right before my first hospitalization Ray "Bear" Dillinger sent me a lettered chapter of my interactive comic Apophenia 357.

The the FTP account on AWC went t-up. Well given the hell that was my personal life this past year I had other priorities to concentrate on. But now I've added his chapter to the Apophenia Stories site.

I should really get chapter 2 finished up sometime soon. It's all inked i just need to colour it. I may cheat and CG colour it just to finish it up but I really hate to change colouring technique midway through a chapter.

In any case, my life has stablised enough now to start accepting lettered chapters again. Woohoo!

Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Post by Aeridus »

Awesome, Ghastly! :D It's nice to see you getting back in your groove.
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer

Ghastly
Cartoon Hero

Post by Ghastly »

By golly, I was so inspired by the recent updates that I actually coloured a new page for Apophenia 357

Hate changing the colouring technique mid-chapter like that but I can colour by computer much faster than I can by watercolours and most of my art goodies are in storage anyways.

ManaUser
Cartoon Hero

Post by ManaUser »

Excellent! I enjoyed Apophenia 357, and I look forward to seeing more of it.