How long does it take you to draw a comic?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Sincerely
Ice Queen
Posts: 1814
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:09 pm
Location: In my frigid kingdom
Contact:

Post by Sincerely »

hallonpress wrote:Just curious, but... Do most of you actually take time when you draw, or are you just good at estimating? I couldn't for the life of me give an answer in hours or minutes... :-?
I usually work during my breaks at work. So I know how many fifteen minute increments it takes to finish the pencils for a comic page. For the rest of it, I know that on two occasions, very early on, I DID get into a bit of a drawing frenzy and worked (almost) nonstop from waking up until sleeping for two days in a row. I usually take an hour or two break between inking and flat colors and between flat colors and shading out of dread for having to start the next step and spend many hours doing it without stopping.

So take two days, subtract sleeping time and two to four hours for breaks, and I get my working time. Of course, this measurement was taken awhile ago. Nowadays I probably work faster. But I also take week long breaks instead of hour or two breaks... >_>
Image

User avatar
Turnsky
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1488
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Devonport, Tasmania
Contact:

Post by Turnsky »

depending on length, anywhere between five to ten hours.
Image
"when a hero dies, he becomes a legend, that legend, with time, becomes a myth, then a fable, that fable, is then carved in stone, and when that stone crumbles, it is lost" - Takahn.

User avatar
Jackhass
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3243
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:34 am
Location: Starring in your latest sex dream.

Post by Jackhass »

Longer and longer...I've grown increasingly fussy about the inking.
Image

A zoo full of cute yet uproariously funny animals...how can you go wrong?

My Keenspace Forum!

User avatar
OfNaturalOccurrence
Regular Poster
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:59 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Post by OfNaturalOccurrence »

Around 2 hours to 4+ hours... per panel :o . I'm so slow, haha. Took me about 7 hours for my last comic, it had two panels. And this one's going to have about 3 panels, so what's that... about 12 hours max... woah. I do my panels at 1800x1200 and shrink them down, though.
- Adam

Post Reply