When shooting 'Fight Club', director David Fincher took pains to ensure that most of the products the studio required to be placed (Volkswagen cars, Apple computers and others) ended up destroyed or damaged in some way.Kisai wrote:Could be worse, I hate to wonder what goes through a movie directors mind when they are required to show X close up shots of a product.
Should we be advertising this?
- Nervous Spy
- For your Eyes Only
- Posts: 734
- Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:26 pm
- Contact:
- Sortelli
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 6334
- Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:15 pm
- Location: in your grandpa's clothes, I look incredible
- Contact:
It's always nice when fantastically rich people stick it to the man.Nervous Spy wrote:When shooting 'Fight Club', director David Fincher took pains to ensure that most of the products the studio required to be placed (Volkswagen cars, Apple computers and others) ended up destroyed or damaged in some way.Kisai wrote:Could be worse, I hate to wonder what goes through a movie directors mind when they are required to show X close up shots of a product.
But... they ARE the man, right?Sortelli wrote:It's always nice when fantastically rich people stick it to the man.Nervous Spy wrote:When shooting 'Fight Club', director David Fincher took pains to ensure that most of the products the studio required to be placed (Volkswagen cars, Apple computers and others) ended up destroyed or damaged in some way.Kisai wrote:Could be worse, I hate to wonder what goes through a movie directors mind when they are required to show X close up shots of a product.
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
-
Gildedtongue
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 384
- Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:26 pm
- Location: Cave Creek, AZ
- Contact:
- Nervous Spy
- For your Eyes Only
- Posts: 734
- Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:26 pm
- Contact:
Well, you could call Fincher's move somewhat hypocritical, but a movie director is in a difficult position in that regard. While Fincher is doubtlessly a wealthy man, he is probably still far from being able to realize his projects without other people's money, and thus other people's meddling. And, less hypocritically Fincher withdrew from 'Mission Impossible III', allegedly, amongst other things, because of excessive product placement demands by General Motors and others.Gildedtongue wrote:Yeah, it's a bit akin to Ed Norton kicking the living fecal matter out of himself.Warren wrote:But... they ARE the man, right?
- McDuffies
- Bob was here (Moderator)

- Posts: 29957
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: Serbia
- Contact:
Well, independency is more a thing of reputation. With two cult films behind him, Fincher is probably able to make films disregarding producer's requests. That's not really a matter of wether he personally has money, because he doesn't invest his personal money in films, and even if he did, that'd be a tiny part of sum needed. Probucing a Hollywood film takes money that only companies have, not individuals.
- Crazy Chris
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 591
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:55 pm
- Location: Laca
- Contact:
- Dr Legostar
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 15660
- Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
- Location: right outside your window.
- Contact:
i love when people think they can get away with plagiarizing in a paper that will be read by someone who has far more knowledge of the field.Joel Fagin wrote:Like we lecturers can't tell. I always find it funny when students try this sort of thing.
- Joel Fagin
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

- Joel Fagin
- nothos adrisor (GTC)
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
- Location: City of Lights
- Contact:
Bah. They're not even that smart. They copy verbatim from the Microsoft website for an assignment on Vista. You get detailed in depth analysis like "Vistas new security features make your computer safer than ever!"legostargalactica wrote:i love when people think they can get away with plagiarizing in a paper that will be read by someone who has far more knowledge of the field.Joel Fagin wrote:Like we lecturers can't tell. I always find it funny when students try this sort of thing.
Note the "your". Makes it easy to tell it's advertising.
- Joel Fagin
- Keffria
- The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

- Posts: 3748
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
- Location: not-France
Whoa, there was a third one...?Nervous Spy wrote:'Mission Impossible III'
Many courses at my uni require students to submit their work to this site called "Turnitin", mostly in the social sciences. The profs in the English department seem be better able to pick out bullshit on their own. I freak out when I don't think I've cited a source properly; it's a really serious offense.
As for the mp3 thing, and internet downloads in general, I just can't seem to get it through my head that it's illegal and I shouldn't be doing it.
- Dr Legostar
- Cartoon Villain
- Posts: 15660
- Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:40 pm
- Location: right outside your window.
- Contact:
bwahahahahahaaha! that's fantastic!Joel Fagin wrote:Bah. They're not even that smart. They copy verbatim from the Microsoft website for an assignment on Vista. You get detailed in depth analysis like "Vistas new security features make your computer safer than ever!"legostargalactica wrote:i love when people think they can get away with plagiarizing in a paper that will be read by someone who has far more knowledge of the field.Joel Fagin wrote:Like we lecturers can't tell. I always find it funny when students try this sort of thing.
Note the "your". Makes it easy to tell it's advertising.
- Joel Fagin
-D. M. Jeftinija Pharm.D., Ph.D. -- Yes, I've got two doctorates and I'm arrogant about it, what have *you* done with *your* life?
"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

"People who don't care about anything will never understand the people who do." "yeah.. but we won't care."
"Legostar's on the first page of the guide. His opinion is worth more than both of yours."--Yeahduff

- Killbert-Robby
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 6876
- Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:28 am
- Location: in the butt
Re: Should we be advertising this?
Thanks, I was working on a really hard poetry analysis when I came across this threadGildedtongue wrote:
Erm, a website that helps college students download essays?
Maybe it's just that I recently read an article on my campus newspaper about this sort of cheating being on the rise, but, it kinda makes me uneasy that this is advertised.
meh, I'm sure it's just me being paranoid.






