And the reason why *insert name* disappeared...

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics
User avatar
Seriocity
Regular Poster
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:40 pm

And the reason why *insert name* disappeared...

Post by Seriocity »

Not all that important, but why not do this for a laugh? I wonder if anyone else would like to explain their hiatus if it occurred too. Anyhoo, for me:

1) Aliens abducted me.
2) College - too much of it.
3) Therapy - Uh...
4) Asshole significant other - Long story behind this.
5) No new comic ideas.

Guess which one's the false one...
Would you stay for These Days?

http://ntnation.keenspace.com

User avatar
Warren
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 8173
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:08 pm
Location: Armadilloland
Contact:

Post by Warren »

1. School
2. Work
3. Home projects
4. Won Lottery
5. Needed to get away.

Only one is false...
Warren
Image
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

User avatar
SergeXIII
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1809
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 9:24 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by SergeXIII »

1. Scanner busted
2. Papers
3. Prince of Persia
4. Illness
5. Disgaea
6. Writers Block
7. Shin Megami Tensei
8. DDR
9. Guild Wars
10. Xenosaga
11. Suikoden
12. Michael Jackson's Moonwalker

One false

User avatar
Jeffy
Regular Poster
Posts: 825
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 4:05 pm
Location: someplace trying to get myself to draw
Contact:

Post by Jeffy »

only reason I ever leave, time and again, I got sick of drawing for the time being
Image

User avatar
Ataraxia
Regular Poster
Posts: 520
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:37 am
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Post by Ataraxia »

I had a break from doing comics from 1998 until 2005. The reasons are that I got a job, moved out of North America, got married, and wrote a couple of computer games. Oh, and keeping in with the one false item theme, I'm also in hiding from the mob. Sorry, I forgot about that.
Image
GearHead: A roguelike CRPG with big stompy robots

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

I never leave this place.

... :(
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Kirb
A BUSINESSSS MAAAAAAAAANNNNNN
Posts: 1828
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:07 am
Location: I'll wrestle you for him.
Contact:

Post by Kirb »

Merc is bound to this place as Gollum was bound to the ring of power.



At least she'll live forever now.
ImageImage
*^*^*^*^* http://spacejunkarlia.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Comic
*^*^*^*^* http://deadgeargame.com/ *^*^*^*^* <- New Game
Image Best Compliment: MrBob: "Kirb may suck, but at least he isn't annoying."
Image

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

Whenever I leave this place for a while, I always return with a plausible and honest explanation.

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

Kirb wrote:Merc is bound to this place as Gollum was bound to the ring of power.



At least she'll live forever now.
Live forever? He fell in a volcano!
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Joel Fagin
nothos adrisor (GTC)
Posts: 6014
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
Location: City of Lights
Contact:

Post by Joel Fagin »

Mercury Hat wrote:Live forever? He fell in a volcano!
He survived. He just got entombed in boiling rock. Image

- Joel Fagin
Image

User avatar
Kilre
Regular Poster
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Ketchup! Just a squirt!
Contact:

Post by Kilre »

Joel Fagin wrote:
Mercury Hat wrote:Live forever? He fell in a volcano!
He survived. He just got entombed in boiling rock. Image

- Joel Fagin
That's hot.

That's also a great excuse of absence.
"VOOM!" is what a space dreadnought's main cannon should sound like.
Beautiful Skies--Daily dose of sci-fi war.
How I Killed The Gods--Daily.

User avatar
Legendary
Cartoon Henceman
Posts: 1071
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2006 6:30 pm
Location: I are serious member. This are serious post.

Post by Legendary »

Kilre wrote:
Joel Fagin wrote:
Mercury Hat wrote:Live forever? He fell in a volcano!
He survived. He just got entombed in boiling rock. Image

- Joel Fagin
That's hot.

That's also a great excuse of absence.
The pun/Paris Hilton reference! It burns!
I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

The future is uncertain

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

That vapid oxygen thief didn't invent that phrase, regardless of what she thinks.

Anyway, due to an increased work load and position upgrade at work, I may post less, or even leave soon. The increase in work will also compete with my free time to make comics. We'll see what happens.
Image

User avatar
Kilre
Regular Poster
Posts: 483
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Ketchup! Just a squirt!
Contact:

Post by Kilre »

Legendary wrote: The pun/Paris Hilton reference! It burns!
Paris Hilton? Wha?

On topic: Er-hem. Sorry, I've been accepted to Bob Jones.
"VOOM!" is what a space dreadnought's main cannon should sound like.
Beautiful Skies--Daily dose of sci-fi war.
How I Killed The Gods--Daily.

User avatar
Dutch!
Red galah
Posts: 4644
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 4:39 am
Location: The best place on this little blue rock
Contact:

Post by Dutch! »

I'll contribute correctly to this thread if and when I go on hiatus, or even miss an update... :P
Remember when your imagination was real? When the day seemed
longer than it was, and tomorrow was always another game away?
Image

User avatar
Laemkral
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 3269
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:10 am
Location: I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
Contact:

Post by Laemkral »

1. No camera
2. Stress
3. School and stress

I'm sure i'll have many more reasons for a hiatus as things progress.
Avatar courtesy of Fading Aura.
Heed these words: I do not draw. Photos if you're lucky.

Game Misconduct
Regular Poster
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:51 pm

Post by Game Misconduct »

1. job
2. arguing with family members
3. fist fights with family members
4. there's *insert sport* game on TV
5. attended *insert sport* at the stadium/arena
6. going through my sport card collection
7. Madden 07
8. XBox
9. depression
10. put on suicide watch
Game Misconduct: Season 2 - Lights, Camera, Actions.

Image

User avatar
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Posts: 16399
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:34 am
Location: It's equally probable that I'm everywhere.
Contact:

Post by Rkolter »

Mercury Hat wrote:
Kirb wrote:Merc is bound to this place as Gollum was bound to the ring of power.



At least she'll live forever now.
Live forever? He fell in a volcano!
Live forever except for an unhealthy allergy to molten rock.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

User avatar
Keffria
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
Location: not-France

Post by Keffria »

1. Schoolwork.
2. Realization that the comic sucks.

That's about it. :P

User avatar
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee
Posts: 5848
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:14 am
Location: A little short...
Contact:

Post by Noise Monkey »

Kilre wrote:
Legendary wrote: The pun/Paris Hilton reference! It burns!
Paris Hilton? Wha?

On topic: Er-hem. Sorry, I've been accepted to Bob Jones.

The guy that painted happy trees? :wink:

[size=0]I know that was Bob Ross, you simpleton! How dare you doubt me![/size]

Locked