The Cultural Movement: As Mapped

User avatar
T.s.a.o
Regular Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: AICASF

The Cultural Movement: As Mapped

Post by T.s.a.o »

http://releases.awn.com/

This was actually rather depressing to me. You'll see that people still think games make great movies :evil: such as Soul Caliber :ick: There's also going to be a sequel to The Dark Crystal (Jim Henson is DEAD already people)! And this summer is chock full of talking animals that makes even me sick. Is it just me, or are companies putting out the animaitions a little too fast? Everybody noticed that in Robots, yet I think Over The Hedge was a little to quicky (on the flip side, I do envy Hammy). Well, all you superhero fans will like that theres a Ghost Rider, Nick Fury, Captian America, X-men4 AND a Wolverene movie coming out! Madonnas in AUTHOR, like from the PBS series? This world's getting too weird...
Well, the good news for me is so far no ones come up with any of MY ideas... :D
"I'm not dumb. I just have a high command of throughly useless information."
Calvin,
Calvin and Hobbes


ChristianComics.net---JOIN!

User avatar
GrayTiger
Regular Poster
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by GrayTiger »

Don't forget the upcoming Star Trek movie.
"It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange." -- Takeshi Kaga

"I've seen worse." -- Edwina Troutt, TITANIC survivor, during a stormy Carribean cruise, in response to a fellow passenger's query, "Are you worried?"

User avatar
Anthony Lion
Regular Poster
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:32 am
Location: Norway
Contact:

Post by Anthony Lion »

Nick Fury?

As in the S.H.I.E.L.D agent?

Noooooo!

Isn't it enough that they made ONE S.H.I.E.L.D movie?

The ONLY Superhero movie I've enjoyed the last few years was the Mystery Men. (got to love a movie with heroes who accidentally fries the towns biggest hero, and such villains as Casanova Frankenstein)

As for games I WOULD LIKE to see made into movies...

1. Ultimate Lawnmower Simulator (from the Sinclair ZX Spectrum)

2. Dungeon Keeper...

3. StarFox Adventures
(gotta love Krystal... )
My name is Lion, Anthony Lion.
A fur with a license to purr

User avatar
GrayTiger
Regular Poster
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by GrayTiger »

I'd love to see the Elder Scrolls games made into movies. Haven't played the first two yet but I am well into Morrowind.
"It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange." -- Takeshi Kaga

"I've seen worse." -- Edwina Troutt, TITANIC survivor, during a stormy Carribean cruise, in response to a fellow passenger's query, "Are you worried?"

User avatar
Madmoonie
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2215
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:05 pm
Location: Not a fuzzy clue.... (waves)
Contact:

Post by Madmoonie »

GrayTiger wrote:Don't forget the upcoming Star Trek movie.
*Brain fizzles....

But...but.....they said they weren't doinng anymore!

Lies....LIES!!!! LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!

---------

Personally I want to see a HALO movie, Metroid Prime, Spiderman, and Iron Man. I think companies are ironing out HALO, they were try Metroid but I think they tabled it for now. They are trying to cast Iron Man and Spiderman........is just gonna ROCK!
Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?' John 11: 25-26
----
Want a new avatar? Contact me and I can set you up with a new sig pic or avatar, totally FREE!

User avatar
Doink
Regular Poster
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:04 pm
Location: The Crossroads of Imagination
Contact:

Post by Doink »

GrayTiger wrote:I'd love to see the Elder Scrolls games made into movies. Haven't played the first two yet but I am well into Morrowind.
Given the Elder Scrolls formula, I predict that said movie would clock in at forty hours long. :lol:

In regards to the movie list, I'm seeing a lot of sequels, no surprise there... an Alice movie, that game must've been more popular than I thought... Halo? Geez, I can't friggin' wait to see that one bomb...Smurfs movie. Must. Kill. Smurfs...WHERE'S WALDO? You've gotta be friggin' kidding me!...And then there's the live action version of Neon Genesis Evangelion, don't get me started on that one...A Bloom County-based movie...

Yep. Hollywood is insane.

On the plus side, the Fahrenheit 451 movie looks interesting, as does the adaptation of Stephen King's 1408. I loved that story. :shucks:
Both a heart and a brain are necessary for survival. Without one, the other will quickly perish.

"I decline to accept the end of man [...] Man will not only endure, but prevail...." - William Faulkner

"I can say—not as a patriotic bromide, but with full knowledge of the necessary metaphysical, epistemological, ethical, political and aesthetic roots—that the United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world." - Ayn Rand

User avatar
GrayTiger
Regular Poster
Posts: 584
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:54 pm
Location: Michigan

Post by GrayTiger »

"It's great to be known, but it's even better to be known as strange." -- Takeshi Kaga

"I've seen worse." -- Edwina Troutt, TITANIC survivor, during a stormy Carribean cruise, in response to a fellow passenger's query, "Are you worried?"

User avatar
Narnian
Regular Poster
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:25 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Post by Narnian »

Why can't they make movies out of the games I play?

Apples-to-Apples, the movie!

Scrabble, the movie!

Rook, the movie!

Probe, the movie!

Cosmic Wimpout, the movie!

Clue, the movie! (Actually, they did that one :roll: ).
Pax,
Richard
-------------
"We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with", C. S. Lewis

User avatar
Zobeid
Regular Poster
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Re: The Cultural Movement: As Mapped

Post by Zobeid »

Now, I've got to admit I was charmed by The Dark Crystal. . . which doesn't prove any sequel will be worth beans. And X-Men 3 looks good -- in the trailers, but it's easy to make a trailer look good.

My gripe is about all the movies aimed at kids, either partly or completely.

When I was about 12, Star Wars hit movie theaters, and I thought it was the greatest movie ever made. For a 12 year old, it really is the greatest movie ever made. But I'm not 12 any more, and these days I give more favor to something like 2001, or The Right Stuff.

So I don't really object to all the kids' movies and slam-bang action adventures, but I do sometimes long for something with more meat on its bones.

User avatar
Trump
Regular Poster
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri May 06, 2005 9:05 am

Post by Trump »

Another problem aside from the game-to-movie crap and never-needed sequels, are the remakes. The very moment I saw Logan's Run on that list, I knew it was true for the sci-fi classics (or any classic fro that matter)... THERE IS NO SANCTUARY!!
To every night there shall come a day; even forever has to come to an end.... I think ~ Kato

Nikas_Zekeval
Regular Poster
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:56 pm

Post by Nikas_Zekeval »

Anthony Lion wrote:Nick Fury?

The ONLY Superhero movie I've enjoyed the last few years was the Mystery Men. (got to love a movie with heroes who accidentally fries the towns biggest hero, and such villains as Casanova Frankenstein)
'The Incredibles' was good too, loved Mr. Incredible's comments when being briefed to take on the war machine.

Briefer: "the robot has an adaptive learning AI"
Mr. I:"Let me guess, you made it SO smart that it asked why it had to work for you?"
"Come on Sam, it can't be as hard as blowing up a star."
"I tell you, blow up one star and suddenly everyone thinks you can walk on water."
*Beepboop* [connection established]
"Okay. Up next, parting the Red Sea."
Gen. Jacob Carter and Lt. Col. Samatha Carter, Stargate SG-1, "Reckoning"

User avatar
UncleMonty
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1789
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by UncleMonty »

I don't watch many movies any more. I've given up. You read the book and say "hey, that'd make a good movie!" and then they make a move from it... And it sucks like a starving fat man eating jello through a straw.
Avoid those who speak badly of the people, for such wish to rule over you.

Atarlost
Regular Poster
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:58 am

Post by Atarlost »

I think it's that film makers think film watchers are idiots.
If power flows from the barrel of a gun true democracy consists of every citizen having a gun.

User avatar
Tom Mazanec
Regular Poster
Posts: 817
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by Tom Mazanec »

A movie of Sly Cooper would be nice.
Forum Mongoose

User avatar
T.s.a.o
Regular Poster
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: AICASF

Post by T.s.a.o »

Did I mention to complain about all the barn flicks coming this summer, speaking of kids? And how many 'Alices' can you make? Dreamworks has two of them... Whoever started that, you might like "A Scanner Darkly." I personally wanted to do "Calvin and Hobbes," but my version makes him turn seven, and hobbes dies in the end----might not even 'gross' a million. Anyway for kids movies I WOULD recommend Goldylocks, just for the reason that disney LOVES to use new tech. Apparantely, they're making it to look like oil paintings---put it this way: imagine an 'animated' Cistine Chapel. It sounds like it would look great anyway...
"I'm not dumb. I just have a high command of throughly useless information."
Calvin,
Calvin and Hobbes


ChristianComics.net---JOIN!

User avatar
Earl McClaw
Regular Poster
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:15 am
Contact:

Post by Earl McClaw »

Atarlost wrote:I think it's that film makers think film watchers are idiots.
Close. Film makers (at least the big studios) are driven by committee and guaranteed profits. To them it's more important to be in charge and own the whole profit than to make a good product.

Remakes and sequels are attractive to them because there seems to be a proven value.
Earl McClaw invites you to visit Furryco and the DGL. (Avatar used with permission of Ralph Hayes, Jr.)

User avatar
Squeaky Bunny
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1664
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2002 6:44 am
Location: Slightly south of Tampa, Florida

Post by Squeaky Bunny »

I see several books being converted to screen. A spell for Chamelion, Enders game, Second Foundation, Horton hears a Who, ad nauseum.

What really sucks is remakes. There is no shortage of writers or talent, just intelligence in the boardrooms.

Someday there will be a decent Heinlein movie.
Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defence. :shucks:

LoneWolf23k
Regular Poster
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm

Post by LoneWolf23k »

Anthony Lion wrote:The ONLY Superhero movie I've enjoyed the last few years was the Mystery Men. (got to love a movie with heroes who accidentally fries the towns biggest hero, and such villains as Casanova Frankenstein)
...What? You mean you didn't like The Incredibles, Batman Begins or the Spider-Man movies?

...Turn. In. Your. Geek. Badge. :x

User avatar
Narnian
Regular Poster
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:25 pm
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

Post by Narnian »

Squeaky Bunny wrote:I see several books being converted to screen. A spell for Chamelion, Enders game, Second Foundation, Horton hears a Who, ad nauseum.

What really sucks is remakes. There is no shortage of writers or talent, just intelligence in the boardrooms.

Someday there will be a decent Heinlein movie.
Ad Nauseum? Haven't read that one yet :D

Second Foundation? Whatever happened to Foundation and Foundation and Empire?
Pax,
Richard
-------------
"We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with", C. S. Lewis

Bengaley
Regular Poster
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Contact:

Post by Bengaley »

People think they can abuse Asimov... all they want. I, Robot is a series of short novels about hatred, ignorance, and bigotry... towards robots, who were generally innocent.

*sigh*

Post Reply