Sketchbook Sundays!

A forum for fans of the Weregeek comic and of all things Geek.
User avatar
Lunaroki
Regular Poster
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 am
Location: north-central PA
Contact:

Post by Lunaroki »

PayPal works for me. The challenge right now is going to be scraping up the 5 or 10 bucks to send. I'll see what I can do though, because I'd really love to see a picture of our group, especially Simon! ^_^
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware."
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny."
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Half-elves and golems and nymphs, oh my!

User avatar
Wxgirl
Regular Poster
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:40 pm
Location: North Dakota ... sigh
Contact:

Post by Wxgirl »

Paypal works for me

Hoorah for stipend that gives me a semi-decent life to live ^.^

User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines
Contact:

Post by Thunderhowl »

Alina P wrote:PayPal is probably the easiest way to go about this. Any objections?
The easiest way for me would be to just hand you the cash. LOL. Everyone cool with me paying this way? Alina can verify payment for ya'll.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image

User avatar
Invaluable Kiwi
Regular Poster
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 12:24 am

Post by Invaluable Kiwi »

Fine with me. I'm far from sure where I'll find the money to do this myself though, although it would be hella cool.

This definitely means that we need a good name for the party though, to go with the picture :D

User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Post by Xaq »

Actually, Thunderhowl, since I owe you 10 dollars for those RIFTS books, how about I give her the money instead? Since I live with her and all that.

A suggestion... some time in the next few days, there will be a paypal donation link put up on the site. That would probably be the easiest way to pay. With any luck it should be up before next week.

User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines
Contact:

Post by Thunderhowl »

xaq wrote:Actually, Thunderhowl, since I owe you 10 dollars for those RIFTS books, how about I give her the money instead? Since I live with her and all that.
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! *ahem* Sweet!
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image

User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Post by Alina P »

Sorry this one's late, folks. I was so distracted with cursing the CG servers that I forgot that the forum's still up even if the site's not.

This here is a pretty typical example of my sketchbook - I love designing critters, and my sketchbook is littered with skeletal and muscular studies, different body shapes, and notes about where they'd live, what they'd eat and how. There also seems to be half of some sort of fur-lined costume stuck at random on the edge of the page - likely me drawing when I was tired and missing the edge of the page. :)

Image

User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Post by Alina P »

Image

User avatar
Lunaroki
Regular Poster
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 am
Location: north-central PA
Contact:

Post by Lunaroki »

Aaaw! Well at least she died happy. ^_^
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware."
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny."
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Half-elves and golems and nymphs, oh my!

User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Post by Alina P »

Some mermaid designs I was playing around with for another comic project I've been toying with. I was going for something a little more feral and fishy looking than your average busty-chick-with-a-fish-tail.

Image

User avatar
Dustman
Regular Poster
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:36 pm
Location: Texas

Post by Dustman »

Hmm... reminds me a tad of the mermaids from Harry Potter. And maybe Blue Sub no. 6 (was it 6? I've never seen the show, just the trailer). I guess there's only so many (legal) ways to mix humans and fish.
"I'm a weatherman, I don't believe in fate."
--Randall Stevens

My perfect job: freelance pun engineer.

Accio Shotgun B#@%! -- Tom the Fanboy

User avatar
Thunderhowl
Regular Poster
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:33 am
Location: in the Hospitality Mines
Contact:

Post by Thunderhowl »

Reminds me of the Aquaman-clone girl from Supreme Power.
A Zen Koan:
A Master said unto his Student,
"I Own you, Bitch. Know this."
And the Student was Owned,
And Knew it.
Image

User avatar
Thanatos5150
Regular Poster
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:51 am
Location: Honshu, Japan
Contact:

Post by Thanatos5150 »

Hah! Deadly Merfolk of doom! Let the blood of sailors be split, and let the merfolk feast on aforementioned Sailors!
"Justice is the Art of the Thief"
~Socrates~
"Weapons and armor are for those who lack skill, Honor and courage"
~Drunken Monk to a Paladin in the tavern. No bystanders were harmed in the ensuing brawl~

User avatar
Alina P
Regular Poster
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:19 pm

Post by Alina P »

Image

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Well, gee, thanks. Try not to make the beaver look too dorky. :roll: :D

User avatar
Lunaroki
Regular Poster
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 am
Location: north-central PA
Contact:

Post by Lunaroki »

LOL! Awesome! There's nothing more Canadian than beavers and ... Wait a minute, is that a ... OMG! It's a DUCK! AAAAAHHH!!! *runs away screaming*
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware."
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny."
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Half-elves and golems and nymphs, oh my!

Narf the Mouse
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1302
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:32 am

Post by Narf the Mouse »

...What's wrong with ducks? Slugs, now, slugs are gross. Especially when I step on them.

User avatar
Xaq
Regular Poster
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:34 am

Post by Xaq »

Silly non-Canadians! That is CLEARLY a Canada Goose. :D

User avatar
Thac0
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:22 pm

Post by Thac0 »

I always found it odd that they were called Canadian Geese when I could reliably look outside of my highschool in the U.S.A and find hordes of the damn things shitting all over our sports fields.

They should really be called "North American Geese" or "Fucking Annoying Geese"

It just makes more sense.
What you see is but one of many faces...

User avatar
Lunaroki
Regular Poster
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 am
Location: north-central PA
Contact:

Post by Lunaroki »

Long story short, back when I RPed as the virus NanoCyte my character had some rather nasty encounters with ducks and I've been allergic ever since.

Um, Thac0? Consider what you just said they were doing while they were here in the US and it's very clear that they are in fact tourists, not native American geese.
Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair;
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Let me taste your ware."
Said the pieman to Simple Simon "Show me first your penny."
Said Simple Simon to the pieman "Sir, I have not any!"

Half-elves and golems and nymphs, oh my!

Post Reply