"Ask me no secrets..." (FAQ)

The word is on the streets...
Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

"Ask me no secrets..." (FAQ)

Post by Bloodied Fox »

Got something you want to ask the author? Post here. It makes writing the site's eventual FAQ page that wee mite easier...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...

Gildedtongue
Regular Poster

Post by Gildedtongue »

1) How long does it take to build each sprite?

2) How long does it take to build each comic?

3) Why sprites? no talent? (just kidding on the last one, dear!)

4) What the hell is going on!? It's so confusing!

5) Are there any humans?

6) Are you a furry? Do you bugger dogs?

7) Why make this comic?

8) Any Sprite-y naughty action? *winkwinknudgenudge*

9) What do you do for a living?

10) How are you feeling?

Hehe, hope you like them apples! :)

Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

Post by Bloodied Fox »

1) How long does it take to build each sprite?
That generally depends on just how much of what I have in mind is readily available to me in my spare parts folder. Just to explain that to those unfamiliar with the whole spriting thing, there are generally two types of spriter: those who free sprite, using pixels like pencils, and the 'frankensteiners, like me, who create sprites by piecing together and altering existing sprites to make new ones. Some sprites are very simple; a different head, a tail and a few new colours. Some are far more complex, a combination of many different parts from entirely different sources and then snipped, trimmed, rotated and tweaked into cohesive wholes. Plus, a sprite is never really finished; there's always a new pose for that next panel or a facial expression that'd go just right with the dialogue...

Short answer, a fair while. :shucks:

2) How long does it take to build each comic?
Generally that depends on whether or not you've seen the characters in that location before. I tend to custom build the backgrounds for each strip using ones ripped from games and supplied by various spriting websites (mainly since it's hard to find them in the 320x200 ratio I use for my panels) and that can sometimes take a little while. I'll also tweak character sprites to better suit the dialogue, though that's mostly facial expression tweaks. Once everything's put together in MS Paint, the process of adding the dialogue in Photoshop is quite straight forward. For brevity's sake, let's say an hour, give or take, for the hard graft, and a few hours idle pondering prior to get panel layout and dialogue sorted.

3) Why sprites? no talent? (just kidding on the last one, dear!)
No talent with drawing, that's for certain. Sprites serve me well for now, so that's the road I'll hoe. Eventually, when I find an artist who's interested, I'd like to take the comic drawn but that's quite a ways down the road yet.

4) What the hell is going on!? It's so confusing!
Hopefully things should seem clearer over the next few arcs. The prologue should hopefully have made the basics of the situation apparent.

5) Are there any humans?
The billion dollar question 8-)

The Earth was cleansed...

6) Are you a furry? Do you bugger dogs?
"Yes" to the former, and "Hey, you can't talk about my boyfriend like that!" to the latter.

7) Why make this comic?
Why not? I've had this story shifting and growing in my head in one form or another for over 5 years. THis seemed the best way to let it out.

8) Any Sprite-y naughty action? *winkwinknudgenudge*
No, no and a thousand times no. There will be no sex scenes in the comic. I do, however, reserve the right to sneak in full frontal nudity at some points to amuse myself
9) What do you do for a living?
Legal drugs pimp; which is my cute way of saying trainee pharmacy dispenser.

10) How are you feeling?
A little gassy.

Fallen_angel
Regular Poster

Post by Fallen_angel »

Who the hell's the wierdo with the blue hair?
panda panda panda panda panda panda PAN-DA...

Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

Post by Bloodied Fox »

Some guy I know. The cameo's a bribe to get him to drop some bullshit sexual harrasment suit...

:P

Fallen_angel
Regular Poster

Post by Fallen_angel »

Thermal Energy/Beam/Light saber tech? Shibby stuff.
panda panda panda panda panda panda PAN-DA...

Bloodied Fox
Regular Poster

Post by Bloodied Fox »

Yep. While they haven't figured out projectile laser weaponry, they have got enough figured out to do what essentially amount to lightsabers