Paint Community - Round 1

This is where past, great threads in the history of our forum go.

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:03 pm

MoonMistGuardian wrote:me me!

since 12.1 is claimed... is the spot after spot 16 avaible? PWEASE? it has some water in it...

thank you! XD

New players will have to wait until round 2. There's more than I can keep up with as it is.

Kolter: You can get 2 points for the tree and 3 points for the boat with the man in it.
I almost didn't accept the tree at all.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby MoonMistGuardian on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:13 pm

:) Eh.... thats ok!
I can wait till the 2nd one starts... maybe make some lil things in advance~!

when does it start anyway? 8-)
so cold
MoonMistGuardian
Regular Poster

Postby Nanda on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:15 pm

Just wanted to let people know that Stinky won't actually be home tonight at 10:30, since we're meeting Mort, Misty and Tim for dinner at 10.
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby MoonMistGuardian on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:17 pm

Nanda wrote:Just wanted to let people know that Stinky won't actually be home tonight at 10:30, since we're meeting Mort, Misty and Tim for dinner at 10.

Yes.. hoping it wont be too busy there~

*roll eyes* and mort is being a nervous ninny...
so cold
MoonMistGuardian
Regular Poster

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:30 pm

stinkywigfiddle wrote:Once all the existing land is bought you will have one last update to change anything and then the game will be over.

The next round will be TWO main world images, plus the museum, with maybe six to eight players.

Round 2 will be whenever this one ends.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Nanda on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:37 pm

*gasp* what are you doing online! Get back to work! :wink: *kisses*
Image Image
Nanda
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:40 pm

stinkywigfiddle wrote:Kolter: You can get 2 points for the tree and 3 points for the boat with the man in it.

I almost didn't accept the tree at all.

Many thanks.

*hoses down the man in the boat with QuikCrete*
*boxes him up, ties the box to the tree, and sends the tree to the Museum*

I made this tree different from your tree so you wouldn't think I'd made the same kind of floating thing. :(
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby Cat42 on Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:07 pm

I realize there is no way in hell I can keep up with this. Can I donate my land to Kolter?
The thing on my roof is a device in progress designed to not just store light, but in fact to suck it up like a sponge. I'm not sure what I'd do with the energy afterwards though. I think I was planning on trying to either try to blacken everyone's skies, and then sell them the electricity, or reduce my bit-o-land to a smoldering pile of rubble.

The little red button in the bunker is part of the control panel.
Someday, someday I'll finish Confabulation. That day is not today, however.
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
Cat42
Emo

Postby Rkolter on Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:37 pm

First my dear, dear friend, thank you for turning me on to the eBomb! This little factory is everything the internet flyer described it as, once I added a few pieces. I've got it refining the scrap materials from the building project now into missiles. Not big missiles, that's true - but missiles none the less. I'm so pleased I'm positively glowing!

Or, it could be that luxurious photon bath I installed. Once I added the final level to the backdoor escape, I realized I had so much unused potential underneath that room that I decided to splurge. Hell, we need the raw materials for the bombs anyhow.

And I need the relaxation - I can't even get into my lair without that damn crossdressing robot trying to bake me cookies. That's not the worst of it... some disturbing events have happened recently - Two of the plant-birds have landed and begun to take root. It's as if they're moving onto another stage in their life cycle. I'm quite curious as to what they might grow into.

Also, I had a man row over in a little boat. I quickly covered him in concrete and sold him to the Museum, but that's at best a temporary solution. I sold them the floating tree too - honestly, too many things flying above you just screams "my secret lair is right here!!"

Finally, the remaining birds have all but killed the creeper-trees. Lately that old dock, that I built so long ago, has begun to creak ominously. Under the water you can clearly see the vines have done far better and have evolved to not require the root system of the trees at all! Worse, they've disabled my robot down there. Or destroyed it, whichever. On the plus side, they've begun to eat the accumulated toxic soup leakage.

These are definately strange times.

I really need to go blow something up.

rkolter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
Rkolter

Postby ChibiJess on Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:38 pm

Rock - that seems fine :) I'm intending to buy the land farther to the left of me.
ChibiJess
Cartoon Sidekick

Postby Rock_dash on Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:44 pm

ChibiJess wrote:Rock - that seems fine :) I'm intending to buy the land farther to the left of me.

All right, cool. In that case, I'll buy the rest of the land to the left of me, Stinky.
Rock_dash
NOTHING

Postby Linkara on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:37 pm

Do to my own commitments and whatnot, I will be donating my land and points to Nanda. ^^ Make good use of them!

Quote of the Moment: “Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives.” ~Criswell~
Linkara
Cartoon Hero

Location: Lizard-Inclined Neo Clone Republitarian Band-Aid Spokesman

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:05 pm

Updated
Click here for the Main World Images

Be sure to check the first post for important notices.

Hm, people are leaving now. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Since you all seem to be keeping up with your own points spent pretty well, I will just post here how many points I am giving you for your last updates and you can ad it to your total.

rkolter +4 points
Rock Dash +5 points
CJ +5 points
Kisai +5 Points
RA +5 Points.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:29 am

I probably won't be able to update today; Beth and I are going to visit relatives. So, I'm up to 10 total points.
Image Image ImageImage

Rkolter

Postby Garneta on Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:14 am

Bought land with all my points.

Something from Kolters land must've somehow wafted onto mine, because the bat that was hanging from the tree has become giant, and radioactive. The water in the pond has all seeped through the ground, and is now in the cave. The land between the cave and the house is becoming rather unstable due to both the enormous gopher holes, and the weight of the house.

Image Image Image
Garneta
Holding Out for a Hero

Postby Cat42 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:54 am

stinkywigfiddle wrote:...Hm, people are leaving now. I'm not sure how to feel about that...

If it's any consolation, I'm dropping out because I know I can't keep up. I think it's amazing that you can.
:D
Someday, someday I'll finish Confabulation. That day is not today, however.
Read my textual nonsense! » My weekly updated animation thread! « Watch my visual nonsense!
Cat42
Emo

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:26 am

I'm going to let Kolter have Cat42's land, but I'm also charging 5 Points for it.

So -5 points from Kolter.

Maybe I should send some authorities to check out Kolters property. There have been some reports of questionable activity there.

And anyone else who said they were going to get more land and may be waiting for me to aprove: Go right ahead, by all means.

*edit*
Here is a cop to check out Kolter's land Image

Nanda: You can also have Linkara's land, and -5 points from your total (7P) for it.

I'm going to buy the land to the left of Nanda's property.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aeridus on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:03 am

Can I claim the crashed floating isle as my starting area?
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

Postby Stinkywigfiddle on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:37 am

aeridus wrote:Can I claim the crashed floating isle as my starting area?

I can't let any more people in on this round. It's just too much for me to keep up with. I'll put you on the list for the next round though.

[innerstruggle] Then again, if I let more people in the land will get filled up more quickly and there will be more variety... but there's plenty of time for that in the next round.
Originally I didn't want it to be in rounds but it turned out to be more than I can handle.
I've already decided to do it in rounds and I've already turned down one person because of that so i can't change my mind.[/innerstruggle]

I'm too wishy-washy for my own good.
ImageImage
Stinkywigfiddle
Cartoon Hero

Postby Aeridus on Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:41 am

Heh, that's fine, on the next round I'll have more choice for land at least. ;) Curse that 24 hour period where I was too busy to go internet surfing...
Village Idiot Vs World webcomic and other works of art

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy shit! What a ride!’ "
~Mavis Leyrer
Aeridus
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Archives