News

An action/comedy comic with an ongoing storyline and a very fitting name.

News

Postby Derenge on Sun May 29, 2005 1:34 am

I thought of putting this in the topic in general but I thought better of it. Not everyone cares to hear me vent and to be honest I don't want that attention. For those who care about or at least read my comic I'm just going to ramble on a bit:

I've always thought well of keenspace. It's a nice service and for all its flaws it is quite worthwhile. You get more than you pay for with it. I'm happy that there is a long time frame in which the switch-over to the new name will be done. It gives me plenty of time to find a new place to get my site hosted.

If there is to be a change of url I'm going to see to it that the name I have to change to is something I own and something I control. I think this deal is silly, the entire name confusion situation is outright stupid. Litterally. It's catering to total idiots. I say we dumb down the entire internet so nobody can ever get any stupid notions like keenspace and keenspot might somehow be connected. Lord knows there are more good comics on keenspace right now, least in my opinion. I don't know, I guess I'm a little bitter about this situation. My site has been in the same place for years and now I have to change it because somebody couldn't tell the difference? I would have loved to be loyal to the keen brand but they don't care about me or anyone else on space- least that's the message I have gotten now.

This has been bothering me for some time now, I've never voiced my thoughts at great length here though. In fact I hardly ever post here. I don't see that changing.

Regardless, keenspace will always have my thanks for the years of hosting. Despite this impending ending I feel that keenspace has been a very good thing for me. I hope that the change of name isn't an outward indication of a lack of commitment to this service. I've seen a great number of artists develop over their time here, it's a great outlet. I hope that can go on for some time into the future, even if it will likely go on without me being a part of it.
Derenge
Regular Poster

Return to Pointless