Update Pending

An action/comedy comic with an ongoing storyline and a very fitting name.
Derenge
Regular Poster

Update Pending

Post by Derenge »

There is an update coming later today sometime, so woo and whatnot.

Cope
Incompetent Monster

w00t, even!

Post by Cope »

WOO and WHATNOT!
Image Image
"I've always been fascinated by failure!" -Charlie Brown

Derenge
Regular Poster

Post by Derenge »

wow, that is... colorfull.

Dok

Post by Dok »

Thanks for the update. I haven't been reading that long, just since you were linked off of Something Positive, but what I've seen so far has impressed the hell out of me. The art is astounding as of late and the story is adequately bizarre and definitely enthralling.

As far as some of your readers getting lost, I wouldn't worry about it too much. I for one not only loved, but was able to follow Boogiepop Phantom, and it doesn't get much more non-linear than that. I don't mind long build ups either, especially if the eye candy raises the bar as much as yours.

Thanks again for the killer comic and the work that you've put into it.

Dok

P.S. I'm sorry if my lack of exclaimation points gave this an unenthusiastic feel, but I only get to use one per day and I prefer to save it for something along the lines of "Jesus, where's my right arm!"

Derenge
Regular Poster

Post by Derenge »

I wouldn't get concerned about the exclamation marks, I'm not exactly a fan just in case you haven't noticed. Seems like my characters make fewer exclamations than would be natural concidering the events that are going on.

Sorta sad that I didn't take advantage of the links I got last month as much as I should have, but life sometimes gets in the way. Oh well, if all goes well I should be able to update all three times this week. I've got five pages inked now, coloring has been taking longer and longer though as I've been stepping up the level of detail and generally complicating things as much as I can. It's been working nicely though, this last page turned out as well as they ever do.

Boogiepop? I think I actually caught a couple of episodes of that one on techtv back when... it was techtv... Needless to say pointless will never ever reach that level of strangeness. So far as nonlinear storytelling goes... maybe a bit, but there will always be the central narative going on. One day I will go and actually do a comic based on the backstory, but that will be a very long long way off. For now there will be little throwbacks, but I've always sworn off any flashback that goes on for pages.

Thanks for stopping by though, this week I plan on poking my forum a bit and see if any activity can be started.