Page 1 of 1
The William G
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:19 am
by William G
Alright, you want webcomics? I got webcomics!
You want twenty or more comic pages in the archives? I got that! Heck! I got several whole comics in there! You want It's About Girls? Gottit! Bang Barstal? Got that too! Heck two running series and an archive of true web classics? WHO COULD RESIST?!
You want a link? Here's a link:
http://www.thewilliamg.com
You want an image? I got yah back:
You want nice? I think your outfit is slimming!
So run, dont walk, to your mouse and click click click your way to THE William G.com. Don't be the last one on YOUR block to own one!
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:43 pm
by SamtheClam
The webpage is a little confusing, some simple navigation buttons would be nice, maybe rethink your menu bar I was confused for just a moment on where to click. And in that one second of confusion a lot of people might take that second to click the "X" in the upper right rather than to click to your archive. The easier it is to navigate the better....
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:30 pm
by Yeahduff
Good to see ya back. I'll read up soon.
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:55 pm
by William G
SamtheClam wrote:The webpage is a little confusing, some simple navigation buttons would be nice, maybe rethink your menu bar I was confused for just a moment on where to click. And in that one second of confusion a lot of people might take that second to click the "X" in the upper right rather than to click to your archive. The easier it is to navigate the better....
Buh, wha? The word "Archives" is confusing?
Oh wait, do you mean the lack of a First/Previous/Next/Last navigation? I think those make a webpage look like ass, so I dont use them. Most people are websaavy enough to know when their mouse wants them to click on some words where navigation links usually are. But I suppose moving my archives link up a little higher may be okay.
Hey YeahDuff: Just keeping it real, as the kids say.
Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:27 pm
by SamtheClam
All I was saying is that you have to jump through hoops to read through your story. You can make the navigation arrows look however you want and im sure you could come up with something nice. It's just a personal preference to be able to go from one comic to the next, without an archive intermediator. It was just a small thing, your art and writing are both great so I wouldnt expect anyone to leave over something small like navigation, but why take the risk?
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:23 am
by William G
Ah, I see, you mean getting to the start, or the last place you left off. I suppose I could have a "Start here" button on the main page or something. I'll see if I can figure out a way to make it work with my site design without the fine-for-gags FPNL navigation system, or even worse, a calendar or dropdown.
I was planning on mucking about with things anyway since I'm not all that satisfied with the site design anyway. I'll keep it in mind, thanks.
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:23 pm
by Dotty
Glad to see you're still comicing. Last I heard you gave it up cause you weren't having fun. Good to see they were wrong.
Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:08 pm
by Dutch!
You're talking about yourself in the third person now?
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:51 am
by William G
Yes he is, Dutch. Yes he is.
Tdot: Comicking is like smoking those big cigars. But without the cancer.
Unless you listen to certain parties, then your monitor is trying to kill you.
Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:06 am
by William G
Well, those of you who dont like my archiving methods, rejoice:
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thewilliamg/
It's set up just like Keen!
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:21 pm
by Jin-roh
My school's porn filter blocked access to the site.
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:49 pm
by William G
They got weird ideas about just what porn is, there at your school.
Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:55 pm
by Kris X
William G wrote:They got weird ideas about just what porn is, there at your school.
Yeah, those filters are getting funny lately. Great work William. Always loved your comics.
Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:26 pm
by Jin-roh
William G wrote:They got weird ideas about just what porn is, there at your school.
The go by blocks of IP addresses. That's probably why.
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:55 am
by William G
Ehn...
Thanks Kris.